Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Rascyc posted:

I'm actually most excited for the squadron update. Ten dolls for me to dress up? Yes.

Same. I've been training my team all this time in preparation for the day when I can watch them let me down in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Aw, the level boosts being unrestricted didn't pan out? Lame now I gotta level ninja like a prole

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Twenny or so bux a pizza or a decent night in with some booze, which will probably cover you getting NIN to 60 anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm really glad that exdr is going to have four dungeons in it, at least for the next three months.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Rascyc posted:

I'm actually most excited for the squadron update. Ten dolls for me to dress up? Yes.

I've thought for a while that FFXIV should just add armor stands like Minecraft did.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

is there a more boring boss than Yojimbo for a dungeon that isn't like level 20

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Lots, like neverreap's entire lineup

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm really glad that exdr is going to have four dungeons in it, at least for the next three months.

I swear I heard somewhere that EXDR was always going to have four dungeons: the last two patches (so either 1/2 or 2/1) and a random other dungeon. Or maybe that was just a fever dream.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

slev posted:

yes

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

slev posted:

Gloomy Rube posted:

Lots, like neverreap's entire lineup
These are definitely the worst offenders of the most recent ex roulette dungeons. Personally, gently caress any boss that goes invincible for long periods of time to do some trivial poo poo. I always go all out when Yojimbo starts only for him to almost immediately go into his first money phase and remind me why I shouldn't do that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yojimbo himself should pick up the money for the first phase (and not be invincible). For the second phase it's him and his dog. For the third phase it's him and his dog but they're super fast.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Why should Yojimbo pick up his own money? He has a dog for that!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I'd just like it if Yojimbo sassed his employer more, since that's the best part of the fight

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's gonna be so weird seeing Ramza and Delita with noses

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The middle boss of Temple of the Fist is the worst boss in either expansion.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

It's gonna be so weird seeing Ramza and Delita with noses

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The middle boss of Temple of the Fist is the worst boss in either expansion.

That guy is great. Sorry you don't know your nautical terms.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh I forgot that he's eleven

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

That guy is great. Sorry you don't know your nautical terms.

Psh, I know how to do that poo poo. You only even need to know one term, and considering one of them is "Fore", there's basically no excuse at all to get it wrong. It's other people not knowing it and then doing 200 damage for 10 seconds every time he uses one of the attacks that debuffs you that makes that fight balls.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Psh, I know how to do that poo poo. You only even need to know one term. It's other people not knowing it and then doing 200 damage for 10 seconds every time he uses one of the attacks that debuffs you that makes that fight balls.

Sounds like you just need to :gitgud: and carry your party to an Average Rating by being the only one to not get hit by any of his BS :v:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yojimbo himself should pick up the money for the first phase (and not be invincible). For the second phase it's him and his dog. For the third phase it's him and his dog but they're super fast.
I wish picked up money would show up in my inventory, but nooo...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch up if you need to preload it.
1798.76 MB

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rip

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I think you can bypass that by clearing your DNS cache and/or changing your DNS to a new value (to/from Google, for example).

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Is he gonna rock those weird assless chaps from FFT's final chapter ingame though??

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hogama posted:

I think you can bypass that by clearing your DNS cache and/or changing your DNS to a new value (to/from Google, for example).
Ah that fixed it, thanks

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hogama posted:

That actually made mine worse, strangely enough.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Anybody else downloading at an excruciatingly slow pace?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Failboattootoot posted:

Anybody else downloading at an excruciatingly slow pace?
Everyone is, afaik.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
The good news is that the download picks up where it left off after an error. If it does happen to start at 0 for some reason, I'm finding that it rapidly gets back to where it was before the crash.

The bad news is that this means you have to loving babysit the launcher, because Squeenix in its infinite wisdom decided to force you to restart the launcher rather than let it just retry the connection.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

SL the Pyro posted:

The good news is that the download picks up where it left off after an error. If it does happen to start at 0 for some reason, I'm finding that it rapidly gets back to where it was before the crash.

The bad news is that this means you have to loving babysit the launcher, because Squeenix in its infinite wisdom decided to force you to restart the launcher rather than let it just retry the connection.

I've gotten about half down twice now and its errored out "unable to download patch" and started over.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm getting the impression that the patch isn't in a fully uploaded state for PC and it's slowing down to hell because people reach the point where there's just barely anything to download. The process has died and started over from 0% for me several times and each time it goes further at a breezy download speed until hitting the bottleneck again.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I notice they update the launcher every time they come out with a patch. Are they actually changing anything about it or is it just that they're updating the version numbers and telling it to grab the right patch and stuff like that?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what time does the patch go live tomorrow? 10 est?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

The patch goes live in two hours

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looks like it speeds up dramatically around 1000-1100 MB downloaded.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Yep, it looks like the bottlenecking stopped. Anyone who hasn't patched yet better get on it before Squeenix breaks something else.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't really care for housing so slow patching isn't a big deal to me. I just want the Rabanastre sets datamined to see if they're peak Yoshida inspired or if they're trash like that new dungeon set.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New Orchestrion Rolls datamined:

Ambient Bonfire - Available for purchase in residential areas.
Ambient Kitchen - Available for purchase in residential areas.
The Measure of His Reach - Main scenario quest reward.
The Measure of Our Reach - Main scenario quest reward.
Impact - Available for exchange in Rhalgr's Reach.
Crimson Sunrise - Obtained in the Hidden Canals of Uznair.
On High - Available for exchange in Rhalgr's Reach.
Songs of Salt and Suffering - Available for exchange in Rhalgr's Reach.
A Father's Pride - Obtained in the Hidden Canals of Uznair.
Indomitable - Available for Kojin sango exchange in Tamamizu.
The Open Box - Obtained in Shisui of the Violet Tides.
Most Unworthy - Obtained in Bardam's Mettle.
Deception - Obtained in Kugane Castle.
Far From Home - Obtained in the Drowned City of Skalla.
The Worm's Head - Materials for synthesis obtained during the Minstrel's Ballad: Shinryu's Domain. ※Drop rates increase when participating at minimum IL.
The Worm's Tail - Materials for synthesis obtained during the Minstrel's Ballad: Shinryu's Domain. ※Drop rates increase when participating at minimum IL.
Trisection - Obtained in the Royal City of Rabanastre.
Precipitous Combat - Obtained in the Royal City of Rabanastre.
Ultima's Transformation - Obtained in the Royal City of Rabanastre.
Protagonist's Theme - Quest reward.
Background Story - Quest reward.
Ultima (Orchestral Version) - Obtained with a promotional code.
Heroes (Orchestral Version) - Obtained with a promotional code.
Starlit Gateway - Seasonal event reward.

New mounts:
https://imgur.com/a/SoeKf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Christmas sub is now mandatory. Well played Square.