Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iospace posted:

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering.

Lewis can clinch the championship in Austin if
1. He wins and Seb finishes 6th or worse
2. He finishes 2nd and Seb finishes 10th or worse

That will put the gap at 76 points or more, and with three races left, no chance for a comeback.

Also, Lewis can finish 2nd in every remaining race and still win the WDC, even if Seb wins the remaining races.

Oh, and in that last case, double points at Abu Dhabi wouldn't make a difference, even if Lewis got only 18 points in the last race.

Can't wait to see Lewis clinch the championship in person again like 2015. :getin: The flooding that year will be nothing compared to the Tifosi tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
if vet and ham both crash out every race can bottas wdc and make me feel good that neither ferrari or hamilton won a wdc?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
You mean mathematically win if Lewis wins and Seb finishes lower than 6th? Or just unlikely?

Cause let me tell you about 2007 and 2008.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lest we Forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-qitmfvlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2KqLIjdkBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9KxFa_R0Dw

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

OhsH posted:

if vet and ham both crash out every race can bottas wdc and make me feel good that neither ferrari or hamilton won a wdc?

There are four races, and Bottas is 72 points behind.
If Vettel and Hamilton crash out in every race Bottas could indeed win.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OhsH posted:

Yes, he can.

e:
https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/status/916539657894187008

iospace fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 9, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Bottas passing Vettel for 2nd in the championship would be very satisfying

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bottas hasn’t impressed but let’s give it another’s season in the Merc. Maybe he will come good.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It also took Nigel Mansell 6 years to win a race and he was driving better cars for the most part.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering.

Lewis can clinch the championship in Austin if
1. He wins and Seb finishes 6th or worse
2. He finishes 2nd and Seb finishes 10th or worse

That will put the gap at 76 points or more, and with three races left, no chance for a comeback.

Also, Lewis can finish 2nd in every remaining race and still win the WDC, even if Seb wins the remaining races.

Oh, and in that last case, double points at Abu Dhabi wouldn't make a difference, even if Lewis got only 18 points in the last race.

Vettel can win when the FIA get of their arse and ban Mercedes for cheating.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Schlesische posted:

There are four races, and Bottas is 72 points behind.
If Vettel and Hamilton crash out in every race Bottas could indeed win.

i am going to kidnap some kids and sacrifice them to satan, we will know if it works in time.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

Vettel can win when the FIA get of their arse and ban Mercedes for cheating.

And they ban Iospace for her very BIASED opinions

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Someone buy my sketchy van

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtud5NoqFQ

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Tsaedje posted:

Bottas passing Vettel for 2nd in the championship would be very satisfying

I would hope for Bottas' sake the second best driver in the best car could beat the best driver in the second best car

His season's been weird, he started out pretty much exactly as you'd expect (RIP the Valtteri Constant), then improved as you'd expect, to the point where he actually won a couple of races, then recently he's decided he's Kimi.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

It also took Nigel Mansell 6 years to win a race and he was driving better cars for the most part.

tantric driving - like Sting

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Frank Williams always said he looked up at Bottas' talent, but then again he looks up at everything.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I just hope one of the drivers ' takes a knee' during the national anthem to see the Austin response.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Frank Williams always said he looked up at Bottas' talent, but then again he looks up at everything.

:discourse:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My LAN ID at work requires that I change my password every couple of weeks and the strict requirements mean the easiest system to remember is F1 drivers. Each time I change it to a particular driver they seem to have poo poo luck at the next Grand Prix. So far I've had Alonso, Verstappen, Vettel, Raikkonen and Hulkenberg all just before they've had a zero points weekend.

I shall now be using variants of Hamilton for my password for the remainder of the year and am officially calling it: Sebastian Vettel WDC 2017.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Theophany posted:

My LAN ID at work requires that I change my password every couple of weeks and the strict requirements mean the easiest system to remember is F1 drivers. Each time I change it to a particular driver they seem to have poo poo luck at the next Grand Prix. So far I've had Alonso, Verstappen, Vettel, Raikkonen and Hulkenberg all just before they've had a zero points weekend.

I shall now be using variants of Hamilton for my password for the remainder of the year and am officially calling it: Sebastian Vettel WDC 2017.

Go back to Verstappen pls.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
what kind of scrub works for a living

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I go to work and it's poo poo, but I don't actually do anything. Does that count?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Someone bought me a F1 season review book for 2014 a few years back and I had a look through it again to see a load of stuff I completely forgot. Like the existence of Caterham, Magnussen being a McLaren driver, Alonso still looking fairly young due to not having to put up with seasons of bullshit with McLaren yet and Jules Bianchi being alive mostly.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dubs posted:

what kind of scrub works for a living

People who want to obnoxiously point out what their taxes pay for to poors.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

track day bro! posted:

Someone bought me a F1 season review book for 2014 a few years back and I had a look through it again to see a load of stuff I completely forgot. Like the existence of Caterham, Magnussen being a McLaren driver, Alonso still looking fairly young due to not having to put up with seasons of bullshit with McLaren yet and Jules Bianchi being alive mostly.

Caterham is cool and good

e: they also had a drat funny looking car

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

mrfart posted:

I just hope one of the drivers ' takes a knee' during the national anthem to see the Austin response.
Didn't Lewis say he was going to do this?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He's always gone well around COTA too, so it'd be extra funny if he won the race after doing it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He said he'd think about whether it was a thing he should do when asked about it by a journo (because he is black).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/917711362805194753

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Shoulda been William

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

Caterham is cool and good

e: they also had a drat funny looking car

Yeah I just straight up forgot they existed, also yeah I remembered the terrible dick nose haha.

Anyway here are the official CHASE CAREY FIA FORMULA 1 RATINGS THAT ARE OFFICIAL

1 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes - OH WOW HE CHEATED AGAIN AND SAID THE FANS WERE THE BEST AGAIN, MAKE YOUR MIND UP 1/10
2 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - WOW MY BOY MAX DOES IT AGAIN, COULD'VE WON THE RACE IF IT WASNT FOR DIRTY DRIVING BY BAD BRITISH DRIVER POOIS SHAMILTON 10/10
3 3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - I can't believe that Australians are allowed to drive cars, it should be illegal 1/10
4 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes - Where I come from, they have a saying. If it's a Finn, you should put it in the bin haha 7/10
5 7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari - Wow, what can I say top top top top driving from good scud lad Kimi. Even if the scud let him down this weekend 9/10
6 31 Esteban Ocon Force India Mercedes - I didn't realise Esteban Ocon was French, or I just didn't give a poo poo about people who drive for force bindia. Either way, solid drive. 8/10
7 11 Sergio Perez Force India Mercedes - Someone said Sergio is turning into Karl Pilkington, I'm not sure if this is true because he doesn't have a head like a loving orange. 7/10
8 20 Kevin Magnussen Haas Ferrari - This guy looks like a weird Danish gremlin, but I think he's pretty cool. Also I completely forgot he was a McLaren driver at one point 9/10
9 8 Romain Grosjean Haas Ferrari - I used to like big Heavy John and thought he had potential to be a scud stud, but turns out he's just a whiny lil bitch who loves to snitch on other people 4/10
10 19 Felipe Massa Williams Mercedes - Fantastic drive by the ex Scuderia Favorite and moral WDC 2008 10/10
11 14 Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda - What do you think Fernando Alonsos favorite anime is? I bet its JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken Daiyamondo wa Kudakenai and his favorite character is Kishibe Rohan 10/10
12 30 Jolyon Palmer Renault - Very unfairly kicked out of his seat, even though he's clearly better than bad garbage driver Pricko Sulkenberg 10/10
13 10 Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso - This guy has done two Formula 1 races now ?/10
14 2 Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren Honda - I'm sorry the one belgian guy who posts here, I think Blegum is a nice place and the beers are also nice to drink. One of the beers that I like to drink is Kwak, I even have the silly glass with the wooden holder thing. 6/10
15 94 Pascal Wehrlein Sauber Ferrari - Someone please pm me if they have an oppppinion on Pascal Wehrlein and I will probably forget to put it here
NC 18 Lance Stroll Williams Mercedes - Very unlucky for the Canadian sensation this time round, but I'll put this down to karma for crashing into GOAT F1 driver Sebastian Vettel 7/10
NC 27 Nico Hulkenberg Renault - Managed to break his drs because he is bad and epic fail and Renault should kick him out instead of good lad Jolyon 'jolly' Palmer 4/10
NC 9 Marcus Ericsson Sauber Ferrari - again pm me if you can think of something to say about farcus blehricson
NC 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari - FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE FROM THE GOAT F1 driver I could tell he was going to win this one. Just a shame that the Scud let him down this time. 11/10
NC 55 Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso - Hates epic hitler energy drink company so much that when given the opportunity to race for another team he decides to bin the bad car on race start. Great plan imo 10/10

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Yeah I just straight up forgot they existed, also yeah I remembered the terrible dick nose haha.

Anyway here are the official CHASE CAREY FIA FORMULA 1 RATINGS THAT ARE OFFICIAL

1 44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes - OH WOW HE CHEATED AGAIN AND SAID THE FANS WERE THE BEST AGAIN, MAKE YOUR MIND UP 1/10
2 33 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - WOW MY BOY MAX DOES IT AGAIN, COULD'VE WON THE RACE IF IT WASNT FOR DIRTY DRIVING BY BAD BRITISH DRIVER POOIS SHAMILTON 10/10
3 3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer - I can't believe that Australians are allowed to drive cars, it should be illegal 1/10
4 77 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes - Where I come from, they have a saying. If it's a Finn, you should put it in the bin haha 7/10
5 7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari - Wow, what can I say top top top top driving from good scud lad Kimi. Even if the scud let him down this weekend 9/10
6 31 Esteban Ocon Force India Mercedes - I didn't realise Esteban Ocon was French, or I just didn't give a poo poo about people who drive for force bindia. Either way, solid drive. 8/10
7 11 Sergio Perez Force India Mercedes - Someone said Sergio is turning into Karl Pilkington, I'm not sure if this is true because he doesn't have a head like a loving orange. 7/10
8 20 Kevin Magnussen Haas Ferrari - This guy looks like a weird Danish gremlin, but I think he's pretty cool. Also I completely forgot he was a McLaren driver at one point 9/10
9 8 Romain Grosjean Haas Ferrari - I used to like big Heavy John and thought he had potential to be a scud stud, but turns out he's just a whiny lil bitch who loves to snitch on other people 4/10
10 19 Felipe Massa Williams Mercedes - Fantastic drive by the ex Scuderia Favorite and moral WDC 2008 10/10
11 14 Fernando Alonso McLaren Honda - What do you think Fernando Alonsos favorite anime is? I bet its JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken Daiyamondo wa Kudakenai and his favorite character is Kishibe Rohan 10/10
12 30 Jolyon Palmer Renault - Very unfairly kicked out of his seat, even though he's clearly better than bad garbage driver Pricko Sulkenberg 10/10
14 2 Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren Honda - I'm sorry the one belgian guy who posts here, I think Blegum is a nice place and the beers are also nice to drink. One of the beers that I like to drink is Kwak, I even have the silly glass with the wooden holder thing. 6/10
15 94 Pascal Wehrlein Sauber Ferrari - Someone please pm me if they have an oppppinion on Pascal Wehrlein and I will probably forget to put it here
NC 18 Lance Stroll Williams Mercedes - Very unlucky for the Canadian sensation this time round, but I'll put this down to karma for crashing into GOAT F1 driver Sebastian Vettel 7/10
NC 27 Nico Hulkenberg Renault - Managed to break his drs because he is bad and epic fail and Renault should kick him out instead of good lad Jolyon 'jolly' Palmer 4/10
NC 9 Marcus Ericsson Sauber Ferrari - again pm me if you can think of something to say about farcus blehricson
NC 5 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari - FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE FROM THE GOAT F1 driver I could tell he was going to win this one. Just a shame that the Scud let him down this time. 11/10
NC 55 Carlos Sainz Toro Rosso - Hates epic hitler energy drink company so much that when given the opportunity to race for another team he decides to bin the bad car on race start. Great plan imo 10/10

:five:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

track day bro! posted:

i genuinely dont remember kmag at mclaren

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Basticle posted:

i genuinely dont remember kmag at mclaren

Half the time I can't remember what happened a few races ago, so it's not surprising. I'm amazed when someone here can remember what Michele Alboreto ate for lunch at Spa 85'

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

track day bro! posted:

Thank you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also the 2021 engine regs are being released on October 31 for some reason

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Also the 2021 engine regs are being released on October 31 for some reason

Does that mean they have decided on something?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Lots of Coll And Good F1 content on YT these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e7jK1OoMb0

• Locked thread