Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

If you compare the Scots to the irish they were basically enablers of the English swamp pigs, kept fed and fat while they fought all our wars while we tried to flat out exterminate the Irish on more than one occasion.

The Irish also fought for almost a hundred years in a brutal war of Independence against an overwhelming and cruel foe.
The Scots had to tick a box for Independence and didn't do it after 400 years of bitching.

I like Scotland as a country v much but they are quislings lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
build a country of orks or die tryin

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

nopantsjack posted:

If you compare the Scots to the irish they were basically enablers of the English swamp pigs, kept fed and fat while they fought all our wars while we tried to flat out exterminate the Irish on more than one occasion.

The Irish also fought for almost a hundred years in a brutal war of Independence against an overwhelming and cruel foe.
The Scots had to tick a box for Independence and didn't do it after 400 years of bitching.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_between_Scotland_and_England

:thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
my ancestors lived on the border and largely hosed things up for/got hosed up by both sides

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose can't be trusted around your horses.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
gimme some welsh stereotypes pls

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they gently caress sheep

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jose posted:

they gently caress sheep

i grew up being told that half of my family is originally from welsh so this checks out

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

bump_fn posted:

i grew up being told that half of my family is originally from welsh so this checks out

And the other half from sheep?

How are your maaaaa and paaaaaaa?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

namesake posted:

And the other half from sheep?

How are your maaaaa and paaaaaaa?

:thejoke:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

a quaint, simple people who go around singing in choirs

everyone is called jones

also, they gently caress sheep

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

More Scots fought on the side of the government than the highlanders at the battle of Culloden

:sad:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also the Welsh language is bizarre drunk elvish with really long names.

Apparently, despite there being a New South Wales in Australia, there is apparently no South Wales of note.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its an insanely hosed up language for sure and a good thing we made them civilised

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Inescapable Duck posted:

Apparently, despite there being a New South Wales in Australia, there is apparently no South Wales of note.
The people of Swansea would be displeased at this sentiment.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

we should probably give wales to the indians they've done more for the country at this point

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

:thunk:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
palate cleanser:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

bump_fn posted:

palate cleanser:

Lol literally nobody other than children and media lanyard types beleive it is anyway

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

nopantsjack posted:

Lol literally nobody other than children and media lanyard types beleive it is anyway

Good thing Jones picked the right paper to write in, then.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

arm John McDonnell now

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im guessing the reason is "job creators" or whatever

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I'd feel happier if their main spokespeople didn't cringe every time they're asked "so what IS Labour's brexit policy" (a question they are so scared to find an answer to that they couldn't talk about it at their own party conference).

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001

can one of you knob jockeys shop this to the correct identities?

I personally can't be arsed, plus I'm doing children + 10 week old kitten management.

..and I'm quite shite in PS.

BobbyThompson has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Oct 9, 2017

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

:bernin:

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001

free potatoes for the over 4 year olds.

(free beet and cabbage soup for the toddler comrades)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

nopantsjack posted:

yup, "scotland the brave" is basically a big joke for people to laugh at

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I've been to wales and I can tell you its fuckin' weird.

The whole place is just weird.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Current Wales is a product of Thatcher. Closing down the mines/steel mills and bringing in shop a scrounger led to a whole generation of men killing themselves our turning to crime to support their families. An entire generation currently caring for their own families had their entire world view dashed on the rocks of neoliberalism.

In short gently caress the Tories.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Byolante posted:

Current Wales is a product of Thatcher. Closing down the mines/steel mills and bringing in shop a scrounger led to a whole generation of men killing themselves our turning to crime to support their families. An entire generation currently caring for their own families had their entire world view dashed on the rocks of neoliberalism.

In short gently caress the Tories.

I am reading a book about the 84 miners strike and its pretty terrifying how many anti-strike union leaders and workers turned out to be MI5 agents

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
there was a really mean victorian-era stereotype that the welsh were a bunch of cannibals lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also the Welsh language is bizarre drunk elvish with really long names.

australia is to the south of wales no. 1

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BobbyThompson posted:

can one of you knob jockeys shop this to the correct identities?

I personally can't be arsed, plus I'm doing children + 10 week old kitten management.

..and I'm quite shite in PS.

since your doing children i assume your british

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheMediaTweets/status/917674751140814848

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/917673784869642241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

how will you people do mad max tho w/o having any real open space to wear spikes and drive in

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

aaahhahaahhaahaha

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

a sure fire way to attract young voters is to constantly talk about the 70's that they were born 2 decades after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fellow kids, i too enjoy the skiffle