Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

End of Shoelace posted:

Personally im not a fan of the cal arts style; being a subcategory of animation styles, the character design follows certain rules for how they're built and, ultimately, how they look. They become more rigid that way. Ever notice how they've just recycled the same Disney princess for the last 5 years?

glen keane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

End of Shoelace posted:

Personally im not a fan of the cal arts style; being a subcategory of animation styles, the character design follows certain rules for how they're built and, ultimately, how they look. They become more rigid that way. Ever notice how they've just recycled the same Disney princess for the last 5 years?

Moana doesn't look anything like the other Disney princesses.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Who What Now posted:

Moana doesn't look anything like the other Disney princesses.

She looks as much like them as the bunny from zootopia does: you can kinda see it, but they deliberately tweaked some elements

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Just Offscreen posted:

What i'm gathering here is that ape is indeed eating a sushi.
For some reason, the only thing I can think of with that picture is "Eat you hamburgers, King Kong."

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

End of Shoelace posted:

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

She looks as much like them as the bunny from zootopia does: you can kinda see it, but they deliberately tweaked some elements

Wait- you can't have it both ways. You can either say all cgi Disney princesses stylistically look the same, or you include movies like Big Hero Six, Zootopia, and Wreck-It-Ralph in whatever style critique this is about. Not that using similar styles is a bad thing, or uncommon at all for a big studio. I mean look at Disney through the 60's.

Just Offscreen has a new favorite as of 19:26 on Oct 9, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Here's something you don't see posted in this thread often - Undertale.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Say Nothing posted:

you're right, thread needs more of it.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

i think this is the only Majesty fanart ever made, a loving crime if there ever was one

Just wanted to thank you on posting this. Warriors of Discord were one of my favorites. They were almost unstoppable, but goddamn they were dumb, and i loved how they yelled at everything

Makes me want to play Majesty 1 right now actually.

Fargin Icehole has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Oct 10, 2017

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

I caught up with the thread a few days ago (though I posted some stuff as I was catching up) and I can't believe you're still posting undertale

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I caught up with the thread a few days ago (though I posted some stuff as I was catching up) and I can't believe you're still posting undertale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pURJDToKA0k

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Dedication, man.

Anyways, :darksouls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp28JPs25ek

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

:syoon: You are my favorite person for posting this. Majesty was my jam back in the day. Put waaaaaay too much time into playing and re-playing it.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Just wanted to thank you on posting this. Warriors of Discord were one of my favorites. They were almost unstoppable, but goddamn they were dumb, and i loved how they yelled at everything

Makes me want to play Majesty 1 right now actually.

It is an absolutely dope game and a shame that the entirety of fanart for it is that picture and a few unironic G rated fanfictions from 2001. Not even a sketchy rage comic about ratmen killing tax collectors, everyone's too busy drawing touhou's eating each other.

The Bunghole Pledge is that I will never cease sharing fanart of dope games

http://enolezdrata.tumblr.com/

https://ashesofdagoth.bandcamp.com/releases

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

I will never cease sharing fanart of dope games

Heck yeah! :cheers:

wait poo poo i may have hosed up

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's no use!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

you're right, thread needs more of it.

Say Nothing posted:

Jesus you're both terrible.

More of poo poo like this.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Raptor1033 posted:

Jesus you're both terrible.

quote:

More of poo poo like this.
be the change you wish to see in the world

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

At least timg the poo poo, otherwise it's too obvious you're doing it for pure spite

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Alacron posted:

Heck yeah! :cheers:

wait poo poo i may have hosed up

The sad thing is, that outfit does suit Shadow.

Shoulda had Sonic's hilariously 90s outfit from the OVA movie that gets stolen by an owl.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Yeah please timg, kinda rude.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is this fan art?

https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/917470392842846208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

i want to gently caress mommy

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This is supposed to be an "epic" prank video, though that fact that it's kinda hard to tell says a lot.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chard posted:

At least timg the poo poo, otherwise it's too obvious you're doing it for pure spite
I legitimately love Undertale, there's nothing spiteful about it. And the forums now automatically resize images to fit within the borders, no more table breaking gigantic images, so the issue is solved.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

It is an absolutely dope game and a shame that the entirety of fanart for it is that picture and a few unironic G rated fanfictions from 2001. Not even a sketchy rage comic about ratmen killing tax collectors, everyone's too busy drawing touhou's eating each other.

The Bunghole Pledge is that I will never cease sharing fanart of dope games

http://enolezdrata.tumblr.com/

https://ashesofdagoth.bandcamp.com/releases

Dang that's a good Dagoth Ur.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Captain Invictus posted:

And the forums now automatically resize images to fit within the borders, no more table breaking gigantic images, so the issue is solved.

Caveat: If you're using something like Pale Moon that hasn't adapted to the forums' CSS, get a better browser. I had to learn this one the hard way.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

This is marvelous.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Barry Bluejeans posted:

This is marvelous.
It also shows that cuphead characters look awful when done in other cartoon styles, apparently.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Now that is poster material

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Barry Bluejeans posted:

This is marvelous.

Idgi

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0K5s7-k9cs

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Captain Invictus posted:

It also shows that cuphead characters look awful when done in other cartoon styles, apparently.

more likely that the other artists dont have as strong a grasp on basic drawing/construction skills as the original animator. also because there is degeneration from style to style along the years; since a "style" is almost always influenced by a previous style, people start copying copies and not doing what the best artists did; drawing from life and interpreting it their own way. For example:

If this guy was to draw Cuphead characters, they would look fantastic. It is because he's a good artist with a grasp on life drawing so strong he can mix it with his own expressiveness.
Not to say there aren't design faults in Cuphead characters. Cuphead himself has such a small amount of negative space on his face it's ridiculous, and it's because his eyes are way too big.

End of Shoelace has a new favorite as of 20:55 on Oct 10, 2017

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

What is the original of this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

I legitimately love Undertale, there's nothing spiteful about it. And the forums now automatically resize images to fit within the borders, no more table breaking gigantic images, so the issue is solved.

I believe you legitimately love it. Can you show some legitimate love for your fellow posters and timg it out of consideration for us? It doesn't matter whether it's Undertale or Batman or whatever, it's dickish to post giant images when there's a very simple way to thumbnail them so that the reader can enlarge it at their leisure. Even if it doesn't break tables, it still lengthens the page by a lot and makes it more difficult to navigate.

• Locked thread