Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rascyc posted:

Another patch, another disappointing lack of Stone and Steel orchestration roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
yikes

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

drat undercutters.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ivalice raid is pretty cool. Joined one raid of almost entirely blind people, got to the third boss, and after a couple wipes several people started dropping randomly until it eventually got abandoned. Then I jumped into an in progress run that was also at the third boss, beat him, and then beat the last boss with less than 5 minutes left on the clock :v: (I'm still not exactly sure what the correct way to do the blue countdowns, but one or two stacks seemed ignorable).

Having the raid start with a boss and then things go utterly to poo poo within 10 seconds of the pull was pretty fun too in its own way.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I just got an email that says I'm suspended for 24 hours starting today for hitting

My account has been inactive for a month though

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

I just got an email that says I'm suspended for 24 hours starting today for hitting

My account has been inactive for a month though

For hitting?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
probably a phone correction for botting.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
The new raid cutscene dialog is endless and slides right out my brain like greased math formulas, it is definitely written by the fft/ff12 writer it's still good

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Is the new raid more FFT or more FF12?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFT music, FF12 art design, last boss is a fun FFT reference

e: The story is much more closely related to FFT

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

hihifellow posted:

The new raid cutscene dialog is endless and slides right out my brain like greased math formulas, it is definitely written by the fft/ff12 writer it's still good

The lizardman getting shot for making a bad pun is good.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

probably a phone correction for botting.

A what

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
"Please note that any illicit data in the character's appearance will be set to default."

Aw dammit that's what it was

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Yeah, gonna def need some glamour prisms for my squad.

Hastaloeya is way overdressed.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I got about 30% of a level from doing Alliance Raid Roulette, only took about 25 minutes (it was LotA). New roulette is cool and good!

e: That was with 50% armoury bonus so your experience may differ.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 10, 2017

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah did you give your guy an illegally massive schlong

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ivalice spoilers oh man are we actually loving doing this and saying FFXIV's world is the far future of the Ivalice games?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

New gold saucer mount is good

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was originally gonna prioritize the msq but I think my plan for tonight is to jump into ivalice blind and enjoy the day 1 experience of figuring it out with a bunch of other blind idiots. I've somehow missed that experience with 24-man raids so far

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Ah did you give your guy an illegally massive schlong

Probably illegal hair colors.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MSQ:
This Ul'dah stuff could not be less interesting.
Shouldn't have done Ivalice first because that's written by a dude who actually knows how to write games.
Oh well.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

How is the raid compared to the last two heavensward raids? I really enjoyed Dun Scaith and the other one that was pretty good at killing everyone but Void Ark was pretty lame

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I need to do more raids. I think I'll do Ivalice's before circling back around to Crystal Tower and the like.

Can you raid unsynced now?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
turns out that Dissipation is actually good now

Cool

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

How is the raid compared to the last two heavensward raids? I really enjoyed Dun Scaith and the other one that was pretty good at killing everyone but Void Ark was pretty lame

Rabanastre has a poo poo tonne of mechanics happening all the time and it's pretty good at killing everyone.

It's a good 24 man. Much better than Void Ark, the first two Crystal Towers and maybe Dun Scaith. I have a soft spot for Mhach though.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Squadron thing is an extremely easy and fast way to level alts. Got six levels on my level 40 ninja without even noticing, just messing around. Also now that my squad is gaining power I'm pretty sure with the huge boosts to their stats they could do most of these dungeons without my help at all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So I ran Hatali with my Squadron.

The tank couldn't hold hate and almost died several times, everyone kept running into the electrified water and the boss' fire floor, and they got blown up by bombs a few times.

I'm starting to see why they failed lookout missions. :shepicide:

Definitely going to grind these for EXP, though, given there seems to be no limit on the number of times I can run them. Woo.

Fonjo
Jan 1, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The tank couldn't hold hate and almost died several times, everyone kept running into the electrified water and the boss' fire floor, and they got blown up by bombs a few times.

Definitely going to grind these for EXP, though, given there seems to be no limit on the number of times I can run them. Woo.

Ah, so they are an improvement on PUGs. Nice!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You look away for a few weeks and suddenly there's a whole bunch of stuff to do. What's the word on the Ivalice raid? Very cool?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's been out for six hours man

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's been out for six hours man

Yeah it doesn't sound like anyone's got an opinion on it yet

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's good

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just finished the new raid. IMO it's really good and the story is top-notch.

Pubbies are gonna take some time to figure out all the mechanics though, and there's no stopping bad players.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

You know I wonder what the provinces in Garlemald are like that aren't governed by complete loving idiots.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I had a very different experience a few minutes ago. My squadron warrior ran through enemies to face them away from the party, used Overpower multiple times to hold threat, and changed target to smack things that attacked somebody else. She apparently even slotted Ultimatum as a role action based on the graphics going out.

The healer used her stick to bonk anything that came near her while both healing and DPSing. That puts her above like 95% of LLDR randoms. The BLM was having fun casting Fire 1 I guess?

The main downsides are that it isn't easy to convince them to attack adds instead of the boss during the invuln phases on the 2nd and 3rd bosses, and even though I have everything but "Enemies" disabled under "Target while weapon is out", I am still selecting squadron members instead of monsters. That's no fun.

Well, that and while they worked well together their DPS output wasn't exactly great and I don't know that I can stand too many 25 minute Halatali runs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Press the Disengage button and they huddle around you, use that to keep them on the ramp because they should still fight the sprites as they aggro to you and if they don't auto do it hit re-engage and they should attack the enemies closest to them.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 10, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

I had a very different experience a few minutes ago. My squadron warrior ran through enemies to face them away from the party, used Overpower multiple times to hold threat, and changed target to smack things that attacked somebody else. She apparently even slotted Ultimatum as a role action based on the graphics going out.

The healer used her stick to bonk anything that came near her while both healing and DPSing. That puts her above like 95% of LLDR randoms. The BLM was having fun casting Fire 1 I guess?

The main downsides are that it isn't easy to convince them to attack adds instead of the boss during the invuln phases on the 2nd and 3rd bosses, and even though I have everything but "Enemies" disabled under "Target while weapon is out", I am still selecting squadron members instead of monsters. That's no fun.

Well, that and while they worked well together their DPS output wasn't exactly great and I don't know that I can stand too many 25 minute Halatali runs.

I tried a big pull during the winch section and it went okay. I went in as a healer and had little trouble. My GLD didn't use Flash as quickly as I would have, in her place, but still used it and kept threat for the most part.

They were kinda dumb on the boss mechanics, though. Running all about to get adds against the first one, standing in the water for the second, and needing to be directed to the fire sprites for the third. Directing them takes care of most of the issues, so it's just a matter of keeping them focused.

For AI partners, it wasn't bad. They seemed to have the basic mechanics of their jobs down at least and used cooldowns on the reg.

DizzyBum posted:

Just finished the new raid. IMO it's really good and the story is top-notch.

Pubbies are gonna take some time to figure out all the mechanics though, and there's no stopping bad players.

I'm excited to try it, but I'm probably not going to have time to sit down and give it an honest go until the weekend. By then I'll be the pubbie who doesn't know the mechanics! :v:

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 10, 2017

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
My squadron was pretty competent. The melee dps was even using aoe when a clump of adds all bunched up. Already better than most dps players I see.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
My gladiator squaddie is way better at holding agro than my marauder if that helps anyone out. Flash goes a long way for the AI I guess.

e: Marauder is probably better at bosses.

Trainmonk fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Bolow posted:

You know I wonder what the provinces in Garlemald are like that aren't governed by complete loving idiots.

This is...actually a good question that i'd never thought of, and I'm one of Catgirl Bargains' local lore nerds. For a real-world comparison, it sucked living in, say, British-controlled India, Africa, or Ireland during the 1800s, but the actual home islands were probably one of the least lovely places to live (by 1800s standards). I'd also have to imagine that it's probably like 1800's Britain; probably a nice place if you're an industrialist or some sort of noble, probably not so much if you're a lowly commoner, and with all the problems that came along with real-world industralization no matter who you are.

Not sure if anyone else noticed it, but the Mogstation added some new stuff. Hidden away at the very bottom, and not mentioned in the main patch notes or anywhere else, is the fact that you can buy all the Tales of Adventure that you want now. Which, combined with the 4.1 updates and the stuff they changed back in 4.05, means that school is back in session. :hawksin:

i'm gonna hate myself for this aren't i

at least the basic elezen gear is still some of the very best-looking equipment in the game