Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

No, a low end QB1 is worth way less than a WR2

He's currently the QB2 behind Smith this year and hasnt really had any poor games beyond his very first. Not sure why he is considered a 'low end' QB1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

RVProfootballer posted:

Nah, it really doesn't. It's a 1 QB league, and guy is trying to sell Watson on the back of a 5 touchdown to 16 completion game (or 9 touchdown to 41 completion pair of games). That's almost double the touchdown rate as Peyton had in 2013. He's for sure going to come back to earth, and likely come crashing given his o-line and being a rookie. Meanwhile, Davante Adams is around WR#8. Give me a scenario where that makes sense for the Adams owner.

Yeah, he is rocking Carr and Roeth. Maybe if I threw in a low RB2.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RVProfootballer posted:

Nah, it really doesn't. It's a 1 QB league, and guy is trying to sell Watson on the back of a 5 touchdown to 16 completion game (or 9 touchdown to 41 completion pair of games). That's almost double the touchdown rate as Peyton had in 2013. He's for sure going to come back to earth, and likely come crashing given his o-line and being a rookie. Meanwhile, Davante Adams is around WR#8. Give me a scenario where that makes sense for the Adams owner.

The Adams owner has 3 solid WR's (Brown, Hill, Thomas for example) and thought someone like Carr, Eli, Taylor, etc would be enough QB security to get him a solid amount of points each week while the rest of the league hoards 2 QB's.

That trade is all about what the other team needs. Squashing it saying it's not good value for the Adam's owner no matter what is wrong.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I didn't see MNF, how did Cohen look?

he looked like he was playing on a lovely field against a good defense that (correctly) didn't respect a rookie quarterback

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Re-posting this since it got lost in the aftermath of last night's game.

Just got offered Landry for Ingram in 1PPR. Pull the trigger?

It would leave me with Monty, Howard, Mixon, McKinnon, and Smallwood at RB. Jamaal Williams is getting dropped for a flyer.
My WRs would then be Dez, Manny Sanders, Diggs, Landry, Parker, and Martavis Bryant.

Also trying to see if I can swing Dez and Parker for Fournette.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Should I go for Palmer, Rivers or Carr for my bye week?

Should I pick up Sterling Shepard or John Brown?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Re-posting this since it got lost in the aftermath of last night's game.

Just got offered Landry for Ingram in 1PPR. Pull the trigger?

It would leave me with Monty, Howard, Mixon, McKinnon, and Smallwood at RB. Jamaal Williams is getting dropped for a flyer.
My WRs would then be Dez, Manny Sanders, Diggs, Landry, Parker, and Martavis Bryant.

Also trying to see if I can swing Dez and Parker for Fournette.

I like the Ingram for Landry trade on paper in a full PPR, but I don't like how little RB depth it leaves you. Tymon is kind of a question mark as to whether he'll still be a bellcow when he comes back. Howard should be good, but Mixon could be hit-or-miss. I don't have any faith in Mckinnon or Smallwood.

Dez/Manny/Diggs/Parker/Bryant seems like a decent WR corps already. I'd probably stand pat but if you are high on your other RBs it's fine.

Edit: you have a lot of depth at both positions but your overall starter strength is a bit low. Maybe try to package a couple guys together for a WR1 or RB1.

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 10, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Peterson just got traded to the Cardinals.

Butter Hole posted:

I like the Ingram for Landry trade on paper in a full PPR, but I don't like how little RB depth it leaves you. Tymon is kind of a question mark as to whether he'll still be a bellcow when he comes back. Howard should be good, but Mixon could be hit-or-miss. I don't have any faith in Mckinnon or Smallwood.

Dez/Manny/Diggs/Parker/Bryant seems like a decent WR corps already. I'd probably stand pat but if you are high on your other RBs it's fine.

Edit: you have a lot of depth at both positions but your overall starter strength is a bit low. Maybe try to package a couple guys together for a WR1 or RB1.

Yeah I'm holding steady for right now after this NO/ARI trade. The Fournette owner has OBJ and is freaking out. If I can swing a trade for him, then I'll pull the trigger on the Landry trade.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Le boom

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This is good as an Ingram haver, yes?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Peterson was a FA in my 14 man BML. And since my league FA list is first come first serve he's all mine to sit on the bench to be poked with a stick periodically to make sure he's still alive and producing in which case cool I might start him.

I must say this is an instance I'm grateful to receive alerts from Sleeperbot.

decypher fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 10, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

I would assume so, but AP wasn't getting many snaps to begin with. I'm more worried about what this means for David Johnson.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

I would assume so, but AP wasn't getting many snaps to begin with. I'm more worried about what this means for David JohnsonAndre Ellington.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My rear end. Stat correction.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bruce Arians sure loves his old-rear end RBs

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

He's currently the QB2 behind Smith this year and hasnt really had any poor games beyond his very first. Not sure why he is considered a 'low end' QB1.

As I said, unless you think he's going to continue throwing a touchdown every fourth or fifth pass, you should not expect him to keep putting up the numbers he has lately.

Alfalfa posted:

The Adams owner has 3 solid WR's (Brown, Hill, Thomas for example) and thought someone like Carr, Eli, Taylor, etc would be enough QB security to get him a solid amount of points each week while the rest of the league hoards 2 QB's.

That trade is all about what the other team needs. Squashing it saying it's not good value for the Adam's owner no matter what is wrong.

If everyone is hoarding two QBs, you can buy a better one for Adams. If everyone isn't hoarding two QBs, someone off the wire + Adams is better than Watson.

Bellmaker posted:

No, it's bad for him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

My rear end. Stat correction.

Thats brutal also considering your opponent started Adam Vinatieri even though he's hit like 3 FGs all year before this week

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Doltos posted:

Thats brutal also considering your opponent started Adam Vinatieri even though he's hit like 3 FGs all year before this week

He’s a colts fan, too.

This is my karma for starting McCown against a die hard Browns fan in another league. #coldblooded

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bellmaker posted:

I'd think so, but I wonder if the Saints will pick up Tim Hightower again now.

But it's the Ingram/Kamara show now. Hopefully it's Deuce/Bush or PT/Sproles part 3.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
After this news, I'm looking to get as many shares of Kamara as I can.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ingram will get AP’s snaps. Kamara will stay the same.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Can somebody tell me if any of these trade possibilities are balanced?

Cam for Kamara

Cam + 1of Tevin C./Fuller/Mixon/Funchess/snead/cooper for Lamar Miller

Same as above but for Melvin Gordon (I'm guessing no)

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Am I crazy for considering McCown this week versus NE?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Fantasypros has Ajayi @ ATL this week as the consensus #6 RB. How on earth is this possible?

I'm likely starting Ameer Abdullah @ NO instead. Am I crazy?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
After starting 0-3 I'm now 2-3 and in 7th out of 14 players. My league is officially the NFC West

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

89 posted:

Ingram will get AP’s snaps. Kamara will stay the same.

I'm not buying that. It feels like Payton's outlook towards Ingram has always been pretty ambivalent, and I think he likes what he's seen so far from Kamara. Kamara has a 3-down skillset and has already done a lot with the touches he's gotten. I wouldn't be surprised if Kamara has taken over the #1 role by season end.

Thinking about offering this trade in a 2QB league, seems ok?

My Derek Carr, Larry Fitzgerald for her Andy Dalton, Alvin Kamara.

It's a 2QB league and both of her's are on bye this week. Here's the rest of my roster:

QB: Matt Ryan, Deshaun Watson, Derek CArr
RB: Lesean McCoy, Frank Gore, Isaiah Crowell, Wendell Smallwood
WR: Nuk, DT, Fitz, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Not a fan of inverse standings waivers each week. I know being 5-0 is a tough life to have, but it's just impossible to adjust to anything.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

So with Clay out (both bye and meniscus injury), I'm currently stuck with Fleener. Evan Engram and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins are on waiver... Which or both?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

cool kids inc. posted:

So with Clay out (both bye and meniscus injury), I'm currently stuck with Fleener. Evan Engram and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins are on waiver... Which or both?

If this last weekend doesn't translate to Engram becoming a big part of the offense I'd be shocked.

I'd want Engram. Fleener is on a better offense, but the Giants really don't have any other choice.

decypher fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 10, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Was proposed this trade and undecided.

1ppr 6paTD

Give: Diggs
Get: Cousins & Garcon

Current Roster:
QB: Tyrod (bye), Luck (dead)
RB: Bell, Fortunette, Allen, Brieda, Gillislee
WR: Adams, Cooper, Watkins, Diggs, J Brown
TE: Ertz

I'm torn so need some help.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not a fan of this trade, personally. I think you'd be better of shopping Luck and streaming. Diggs is a funny player; he has a massive correlation between playing like poo poo and being on the injury report.

He countered:

Give: Cooper & Gillislee
Get: Cousins & Garcon

I insta-accepted mainly to get Cooper off my squad :byewhore:

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Looks like I've finally lucked into some Adrian Peterson value. Would you guys off load him for a Snead, Cooper, or similar nonperformer.

Tried to get Dak with Peterson, but the owner balked.

I feel like he's guaranteed to turn into a pumpkin come Sunday, but maybe I sit and wait?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ayudo posted:

Looks like I've finally lucked into some Adrian Peterson value. Would you guys off load him for a Snead, Cooper, or similar nonperformer.

Tried to get Dak with Peterson, but the owner balked.

I feel like he's guaranteed to turn into a pumpkin come Sunday, but maybe I sit and wait?

AP is not projecting well against TB's run defense, but you might have a sell high window after week 7 @Rams, otherwise it's a week 8 bye week and beyond.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix my (1 PPR 12 team) RB shitshow that became more of a shitshow when Cook went down and then even more of a shitshow now that people are thinking it's gonna be more McKinnon than Latavius?

I'm thinking maybe a trade involving selling Deshaun high or maybe giving up Hopkins or Nelson for a lesser WR and a stud RB?

Looking around at teams that are running RBs in both flex positions

The guy with Le'veon has absolute trash at WR and 5 RBs but the other four are Ajayi, Cohen, J Stew, and Tevin Coleman.

Guy with Christian McCaffrey also has CJ and James White and is also rolling RBs in both flex positions. This guy also got trade raped so he may be gunshy or I maybe I can give him a second assault.

Last one has LeSean, Gurley, Mixon, Riddick, and Duke Jr.

Guy that lost OBJ has Fournette and Ingram and Kamara, could be something there maybe.

Trading is the one thing that always trips me up, I'm always afraid I'm gonna screw myself.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dy. posted:

Fantasypros has Ajayi @ ATL this week as the consensus #6 RB. How on earth is this possible?

I'm likely starting Ameer Abdullah @ NO instead. Am I crazy?

It's only a consensus of 15 experts, more rankings come in tomorrow.

Abdullah is fine.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I think I'm finally pretty confident in my 10 man league roster - 6paTD 0ppr

This was the league I drunkenly traded away Julio Jones & B. Powell for CJ Anderson.

Luckily we don't do waiver wires and when rosters unlock at 8am on Tuesday morning it's first come first serve.

Was able to get there and have my selection of players (at the cost of $1 per transaction) so now my squad looks like this:

QB: A. Smith
RB: Hunt, Anderson, Allen, McGuire, McKinnon
WR: Evans, Hilton, Fuller, Funchess, Jeffery, DT
TE: ASJ
DST: Jags
K: Legatron

I'd still like to try and bundle a WR and RB up for another RB eventually but at least I'm not going to be spending a ton of real cash on the WW for awhile.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

RisqueBarber posted:

I have both:

Carson Palmer is leading the league in pass attempts and Larry is 4th in the league in targets (3rd in receptions). He's obviously better in PPR than standard but I would still hold.

I would not offer Doug + any of those RB2s for Hogan. If I had Hogan I would accept that immediately. I think Hogan comes back down to earth. He's on pace to score like 18 touchdowns which is ludicrous (only one WR has had more than 20 in like 5 years or something). I would aim for a higher WR1 like Jordy or Mike Evans.

Not really arguing but im trying to think of the last Brady targeted wr to actually be a legit sell high. I know edelman made the yearly list and was legit every year. Maybe Tompkins? I know Hogans td rate is obviously unsustainable but his targets seem good enough to where yardage picks up

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

I think I'm finally pretty confident in my 10 man league roster - 6paTD 0ppr

This was the league I drunkenly traded away Julio Jones & B. Powell for CJ Anderson.

Luckily we don't do waiver wires and when rosters unlock at 8am on Tuesday morning it's first come first serve.

Was able to get there and have my selection of players (at the cost of $1 per transaction) so now my squad looks like this:

QB: A. Smith
RB: Hunt, Anderson, Allen, McGuire, McKinnon
WR: Evans, Hilton, Fuller, Funchess, Jeffery, DT
TE: ASJ
DST: Jags
K: Legatron

I'd still like to try and bundle a WR and RB up for another RB eventually but at least I'm not going to be spending a ton of real cash on the WW for awhile.

Yeah, looks pretty good. I can even almost talk myself into being ok with that trade: starting CJA + DT or Jeffery, compared to starting Julio + Allen or Powell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

Not really arguing but im trying to think of the last Brady targeted wr to actually be a legit sell high. I know edelman made the yearly list and was legit every year. Maybe Tompkins? I know Hogans td rate is obviously unsustainable but his targets seem good enough to where yardage picks up

Yea I own Hogan in two leagues and I'm not giving him up. Brady can make anyone a stud. Keep doing your thing Mr Hogan.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

So this is my first year in a PPR league (1 PPR, 6pt passing TDs, otherwise normal ESPN 10-man league) with friends that usually do standard. Started off 0-3 but have rebounded (a little) to 2-3 and just need a sense of my team going forward. I've been streaming defenses and kicker but I feel pretty good about the rest of my roster

QB: Brady
RB: Melvin Gordon, Demarco Murray, Kamara, Ellington, Terrance West
WR: Fitzgerald, Tyreek Hill, Rishard Matthews, Mike Wallace, Marquise Lee, Robby Anderson, Brandon Marshall

Obviously need to get rid of Marshall and Terrance West hasn't been great even when healthy. McKinnon, Alex Collins, and AD are all available, while available WRs are the likes of Maclin, Decker, and Kearse.

Do I have any glaring areas of weakness that I should be targeting or is it pretty straightforward and I should just grab McKinnon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Is mckinnon worth a number 1 waiver spot?

• Locked thread