Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pakled posted:

Yeah, the snap election reset the counter to 2022. They could call another early election before then, though.

That actually kinda sucks. Labour has momentum right now, but there's no telling whether they'll still have it by 2022, and after what happened this year the Tories probably won't have the hubris to hold another one while that's still the case.

Wayne LaPierre is such a great cartoon subject because even pre-caricature he looks comically evil :allears:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

the_steve posted:

When people try to make the "Blacks Criminals shoot more black people!", I ask them why they don't expect the police to be held to a higher moral standard than the criminals they're supposed to stop.

I have yet to get an answer that isn't just them trying to change the subject.

"Accidents happen and since police are always in life or death situations more accidents are going to happen and since black people commit more crimes they interact with black people more. Also abortion kills black babies."

My brother fell off the Bernie Bus right onto the Trump Train. HARD.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Kulkasha posted:

Can somebody familiar with UK politics tell me why Boris hasn't just Trumped his way into control of the Tories?

As other people have said, nobody actually wants to be prime minister right now, so everyone who wants the job is waiting until the UK has left the EU before they make a move. The other issue is that a lot of Tory MPs really don't like Boris. The way the Tory leadership contest is set up is that MPs put themselves forward for leadership, all the Tory MPs vote on those candidates, and then the two most popular choices are then voted on all the members of the conservative party. So it's not entirely clear whether he'd be able to make it to that top 2 candidates position.

I'm also not entirely sure how popular he is amongst conservative MPs or regular members of the conservative party at this point. He was pretty popular back when he was mayor of London, but now the whole party is divided on Brexit, and he's also just repeatedly and publicly backstabbed people over and over. I don't know if that's a positive or a negative trait in the eyes of Tory voters though :shrug:

loquacius posted:

That actually kinda sucks. Labour has momentum right now, but there's no telling whether they'll still have it by 2022, and after what happened this year the Tories probably won't have the hubris to hold another one while that's still the case.

There's definitely going to be an election before 2022. The Tory-DUP deal only lasts for two years (after which the Tories will lose the parliamentary majority), and additionally any MP could call a vote of no confidence and both of the parties are so fractured and the whole political situation is fluctuating so much it's not very clear if the government would win that vote or not, and if they lose that vote there might be another election.

Basically, the only certainty in UK politics at the moment is that nothing is certain.

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 10, 2017

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Murderion posted:

Because leading the country through Brexit is a poison pill. BoJo wants to take over after everything gets hosed, not before.

Especially since he's the one person most directly responsible for loving it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Am I insane or is Drunkie Duck's "standards" getting in the way of him praising a republican president? Like is he actually coming against a republican president for forcing federal pressure on private citizens even if its against liberals or is he really drunk and unable to know what he's subconsciously doodling?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Everything about this is done right, holy poo poo.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Today I read a column written by Lena Dunham that appeared in The New York Times. In it she expressed some trepidation about performing at a benefit for Hillary Clinton that was organized by Harvey Weinstein.

“I’m sorry I shook the hand of someone I knew was not a friend to women in my industry,” she wrote. “I wanted so desperately to support my candidate that I made a calculation.”

Harvey Weinstein contributed to and is a friend of Hillary.

There is now some pressure on Hillary to denounce Weinstein. The cup of irony runneth over. Hillary is married to a rapist and a serial abuser of women. Bill probably considers Weinstein’s transgressions to be the work of an amateur, because he got away with far worse. He even took advantage of a young intern in the Oval Office itself, but his leftist supporters still supported him. Hillary was instrumental in covering up her husband’s sexual misconduct and she even harassed many of Bill’s victims, yet Dunham enthusiastically supported her for president. That reeks with hypocrisy.

Hollywood has long been filled with powerful men who don’t hesitate to take advantage of young, beautiful women. Woody Allen is an old pervert who surrounds himself with very young women in his movies. Roman Polanski can’t return to the U.S. due to rape charges. Bill Cosby drugged young starlets. The casting couch has been in use for a long time.

Weinstein’s career of sexual harassment is reprehensible, but many liberals in Hollywood went along to get along in order to gain employment and connections. It’s now too late for them to go into full virtue signaling mode.

—Ben Garrison

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

but... Trump... women... pussygrabbing :confused:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Neo-Nazi moron posted:

The cup of irony runneth over.

That's not irony, Garrison.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Oh hello there "Virtue Signalling", lemme just mark that on my bingo card for today.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

What's the difference between Clinton and those other two people? People wanted to fool around with Clinton. He didn't drug anyone. He told interesting stories. He was charming. It doesn't make it okay that he cheated on his wife but he never raped anyone.

Get a hangnail forever, Garrison. May the milk you pour on your cereal seem sour but you're not sure. May you put your shoes on the wrong feet every day for the rest of your life. May your car always make a strange noise as you're driving to, "work," even though the Check Engine Light isn't on. May the pages always get stuck when you try to turn the page of Fifty Shades Of Grey. May you stop getting revenue from your vile cartoons.

I hope he finds joy in his life and stops doing this awful poo poo.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Phuzzy posted:

Oh hello there "Virtue Signalling", lemme just mark that on my bingo card for today.

You're in the Politoons Thread, my man. We've all already maxed out our cards.

Post 9-11 User posted:

What's the difference between Clinton and those other two people? People wanted to fool around with Clinton. He didn't drug anyone. He told interesting stories. He was charming. It doesn't make it okay that he cheated on his wife but he never raped anyone.

Eeeeehhhhhhh let's kid ourselves about Bill and rape. If we're going to be serious about believing sexual assault allegations, I don't see why Juanita Broaddrick doesn't pass the same scrutiny.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 10, 2017

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Eeeeehhhhhhh let's kid ourselves about Bill and rape. If we're going to be serious about believing sexual assault allegations, I don't see why Juanita Broaddrick doesn't pass the same scrutiny.

Because Ken "I will pass any possible charges against Clinton to the Republican Congress even if it kills me" Starr didn't see it as worth his time

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

Because Ken "I will pass any possible charges against Clinton to the Republican Congress even if it kills me" Starr didn't see it as worth his time

In light of the Baylor scandal, Starr's evaluation of sexual assault allegations is not a very trustworthy metric.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Someone replace them to be James Woods, Trump, and Garrison.

How can you not have any level of self awareness?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

What I've read of the Broaddrick accusation does not seem like enough to make a decision either way. Should we treat every accusation against a powerful person as true without scrutiny?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Erenthal posted:

but... Trump... women... pussygrabbing :confused:

That's the point. Look at Ben's closing statement: his entire rant is basically "gotcha! you can't complain about Trump anymore!"

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

What I've read of the Broaddrick accusation does not seem like enough to make a decision either way. Should we treat every accusation against a powerful person as true without scrutiny?

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't leap to Bill's defense. He is known for using his powerful position to leverage sexual favors, which is bad enough, and it lends credibility to even worse allegations.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Bill Clinton was in a very powerful position, he did know better than to get involved with one of his subordinates.

Comparing him to those two predators is dishonest and muddles the issue. Ben needs help, he really does. Maybe he doesn't believe what he publishes, if he knows it's crap but still puts it out there to make money it indicates even worse problems with him.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

drat, who are these people next to Weinstein? There don't seem to be labels anywhere on their bodies.

Help!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fathis Munk posted:

drat, who are these people next to Weinstein? There don't seem to be labels anywhere on their bodies.

Help!

I think one of them is Debt

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Iron Crowned posted:

I think one of them is Debt
Nah, not enough crosshatching to be Debt. The one on the right is black and doing a bad thing, that's Obama right?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't leap to Bill's defense. He is known for using his powerful position to leverage sexual favors, which is bad enough, and it lends credibility to even worse allegations.

Yeah, I don't like Bill Clinton as a person and I wouldn't dismiss anything out of hand in terms of him being a pig. Just because he has powerful enemies doesn't make him innocent. We know he's a philanderer, and that he abuses his power to impress young women.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Post 9-11 User posted:

Bill Clinton was in a very powerful position, he did know better than to get involved with one of his subordinates.

Comparing him to those two predators is dishonest and muddles the issue. Ben needs help, he really does. Maybe he doesn't believe what he publishes, if he knows it's crap but still puts it out there to make money it indicates even worse problems with him.

The bill / Epstein connection isn't total republican hooey is it? I thought that was pretty well documented by a number of accounts, not just Fox and Friends.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Cat Mattress posted:

That's the point. Look at Ben's closing statement: his entire rant is basically "gotcha! you can't complain about Trump anymore!"

Will do, just as soon as Trump's political career suffers the same fate as Weinstein's Hollywood career.

I guess the vultures were there for something that happened over a year ago, since that's about the last time the Michael Jackson One decal was up on the tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHn1zogeyO4#t=15s

The tree of business must be watered from time to time with the blood of amusement park patrons.

I knew Pope would come through on the goat/volcano god thing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Faustian Bargain posted:

Someone replace them to be James Woods, Trump, and Garrison.

How can you not have any level of self awareness?

Wait, what did James Woods do?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

albany academy posted:

The bill / Epstein connection isn't total republican hooey is it? I thought that was pretty well documented by a number of accounts, not just Fox and Friends.

Oh, yeah, that too. Although I was under the impression that Fox types don't like to talk about it because Trump is implicated too. Also Alan Dershowitz and Prince Andrew.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Crabtree posted:

Wait, what did James Woods do?

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/amber-tamblyn-james-woods-open-letter-1202557447/

quote:

Amber Tamblyn has responded to James Woods’ denial of her claim that he attempted to pick her up when she was 16, in an open letter addressed to the actor and published in Teen Vogue.

In the letter, the actress tells the full story of her meeting with the now-70-year-old actor.

“My friend Billy and I were at the Roxy on Sunset Boulevard seeing a band we loved. We decided to go to Mel’s diner on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood to get burgers after,” Tamblyn wrote. “Upon leaving the restaurant we were stopped by you and your friend, who both seemed very nice. At one point you suggested we should all go to Las Vegas together. ‘It’s such a great place, have you ever been?’ You tried to make it sound innocent. This is something predatory men like to do, I’ve noticed.”

She continued, “I told you my age, kindly and with no judgment or aggression. I told you my age because I thought you would be immediately horrified and take back your offer. You laughed and said, ‘Even better. We’ll have so much fun, I promise.'”

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Americans For Limited Government And Spending Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars For Mike Pence To Attend An NFL Game For 10 Minutes

(also, people saying "wow, watta putz" w/r/t Pence does not equal crying, you imbecile)

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 10, 2017

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So is Pence going to start doing the Trump thing in Branco comics of being around looking vaguely annoyed at other people?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

The imagery of throwing a scientist in lava reminds me of this diplomatic incident from last March.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I can agree with that, the phrasing just made me think you were saying that we should treat the accusations against him without scrutiny, mea culpa.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ramos posted:

So is Pence going to start doing the Trump thing in Branco comics of being around looking vaguely annoyed at other people?

That's pretty much what all the "good" characters in his comics do.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

gently caress you

quote:

And you.

quote:

And you too.

*Holds both middle fingers in the air while walking backwards out of the thread*

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sandpuppy posted:

Secret CIA Deep State gum that temporarily paralyzes the chewer?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
*checks calendar*

Phew, for a second I thought I fell back through time.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Panty Saluter posted:

Secret CIA Deep State gum that temporarily paralyzes the chewer?

Pence is so stupid, he can't manage to walk and chew gum at the same time.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The irony of Ramirez, who wouldn't shut up about the deaths of the people in Benghazi because he thought it'd be damaging to Hillary, complaining about "vultures" circling Vegas to play politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

duz posted:

Pence is so stupid, he can't manage to walk and chew gum at the same time.

ah. still kind of dumb but idk v:v:v

• Locked thread