Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

silvergoose posted:

Already have that

and that

I need to grab this and blasphemy but don't have the sockets yet, which is to say my gear *sucks* and I need to spend some effort fixing it. I did buy myself a crit strikes with good quality on it, so once that levels a little more...

Turns out adding assassin's mark and blasphemy turned the build from not sustaining to sustaining. So much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Ciaphas posted:

i just six linked two nearly perfect terminus est's in less than 300 fusings how in the actual gently caress. I didn't even want 6l, I wanted 5l+1 :stare:

Give one of them to me

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
I bought a tasalio's sign a week and a bit ago for 10c and now they're 70c+, what's the story?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is mathil using it in his latest build?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Possibly because it was recommended for the last build of the week

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ciaphas posted:

i just six linked two nearly perfect terminus est's in less than 300 fusings how in the actual gently caress. I didn't even want 6l, I wanted 5l+1 :stare:

loving lol post-fix to this: turns out 9 engineer orbs look a lot like 9 exalts when you're not paying attention and coughing in a trade

rip 10ex and congratulations to account Mdoss, currently on character EnjoyTheEngs, for that scam :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

loving rekt

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
2,412 hours and 2 very lucky lab enchants (plus basically the rest of my league cash) and I've finally done it. Now to decide what I want on standard...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

is mathil using it in his latest build?

Nah, he's hyping up some dumbass crit facebreaker mess that can't kill bosses for poo poo and dies to reflect til you have a fortune invested.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Betty posted:

Any room in the guild for baby's first sunder marauder? IGN is NapalmGrandpa
I guess I should say its my second attempt because I hosed up my first build so bad I just started over.

sent

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The best single drops I've gotten from uberlab is a cyclone attack speed on a devoto which sold for a pretty penny, a kaom's heart from a silver chest and a extra bisco's from the final treasure room, aside from that it's a lot of little currency, sacrifice fragments and 20% quality gems for massive amount of GCP.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Can I get a guild invite for slowly_rising ?

This is the first league where I've actually been making money. Got all the guardians down a few times now, still trying to psych myself up for shaper.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Should i spend 400 choas on a Xoph's Blood for my Ngamahu Flame Cyclone Berserker? It's pretty much the ideal upgrade for the build, but it would mean spending about 80% of my wealth accumulated to date this league.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

PotatoManJack posted:

Should i spend 400 choas on a Xoph's Blood for my Ngamahu Flame Cyclone Berserker? It's pretty much the ideal upgrade for the build, but it would mean spending about 80% of my wealth accumulated to date this league.

Its a great upgrade for the build but it depends on what you want to do. It is completely unnecessary unless you want to push endgame (guardians/shaper), and you could just run an Avatar of Fire tree and wear a better amulet until you need to push endgame and respec. (Read: wear a biscos)

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

Its a great upgrade for the build but it depends on what you want to do. It is completely unnecessary unless you want to push endgame (guardians/shaper), and you could just run an Avatar of Fire tree and wear a better amulet until you need to push endgame and respec. (Read: wear a biscos)

I've got a bisco's on my MoM ED Trickster who is my main Map / currency farmer. I've made my cycloner to by my boss killer, and to try and get into some endgame content (I'm following a pretty expensive build).

So considering that in relation to your response, it seems like the answer is probably yes to dropping the Chaos.

Thanks!

PotatoManJack fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 9, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

PotatoManJack posted:

I've got a bisco's on my MoM ED Trickster who is my main Map / currency farmer. I've made my cycloner to by my boss killer, and to try and get into some endgame content (I'm following a pretty expensive build).

So considering that in relation to your response, it seems like the answer is probably yes to dropping the Chaos.

Thanks!

If you find cyclone too hard to deal with bosses try a molten strike setup for single target. Same 6L, just with molten strike. You can run cyclone in a 4L which is plenty to kill trash with.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Managed to beat up shaper on the flicker slayer tonight, probably the fastest I've ever managed that seeing as I started the character all of about 50 hours ago. Shaper himself wasn't too bad but the Guardians are loving fraught with difficulty because of flicker, abyssus, or both. Phoenix took a while to relearn, at least.

A Varunastra dropped from one of the guardians, too. Need to look up what sort of builds work well with that thing, see if there're any I'm interested in.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

All of you are talking about six links and the end of the league and mirrors and what have you, and here I am, just happy that I got my Shrapnel Shot Deadeye through the game in less than 30 deaths. By comparison, my Lightning Strike Gladiator (my first ever character) finished the game at a whopping 202 deaths.

The Deadeye uses a relatively expensive (for me) Doomfletch's Prism and a big Shrapnel Shot cone to kill things. My typical strategy is to plop down an increased duration Siege Ballista, move into a firing position, and let the enemy have it from medium range, as the cone has been pretty well extended at this point and also I have Far Shot thanks to my ascendancy tree (which I needed to get to the 50% boost in AoE ascendancy perk). I stay alive thanks to Poacher's Mark and my life pool of about 3.8K, which I'm hoping to push above 4K soon.

I'm pretty happy with that build, as I really didn't follow a guide to get it set up. What I did was planned the whole drat thing out to level 75 in Path of Building, which is something I think I'm just going to do in the future.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Decided I would throw all my fusings at a vis mortis since I felt pretty done with the league. Ended up 6-linking it in one fusing when I've never 6-linked anything in this game before. Guess I should play some spectres now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Inglonias posted:

All of you are talking about six links and the end of the league and mirrors and what have you, and here I am, just happy that I got my Shrapnel Shot Deadeye through the game in less than 30 deaths. By comparison, my Lightning Strike Gladiator (my first ever character) finished the game at a whopping 202 deaths.

The Deadeye uses a relatively expensive (for me) Doomfletch's Prism and a big Shrapnel Shot cone to kill things. My typical strategy is to plop down an increased duration Siege Ballista, move into a firing position, and let the enemy have it from medium range, as the cone has been pretty well extended at this point and also I have Far Shot thanks to my ascendancy tree (which I needed to get to the 50% boost in AoE ascendancy perk). I stay alive thanks to Poacher's Mark and my life pool of about 3.8K, which I'm hoping to push above 4K soon.

I'm pretty happy with that build, as I really didn't follow a guide to get it set up. What I did was planned the whole drat thing out to level 75 in Path of Building, which is something I think I'm just going to do in the future.

you're doing good :3:

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I'm an idiot & all my friends are taking a break but I really want to get an aura bot to maps. I'm right before the act 3 final fight and it's starting to get dicey. Should I just focus on minions nodes, use SRS + zombies to get through to maps, then re-spec?

Also I have no idea how to value things beyond "rolled resists + life so it's probably worth a chaos" and "accuracy + damage + crit so I'm sure it's worth something." Apart from spending time in poe.trade is there a decent way to determine value for stuff?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ciaphas posted:

loving lol post-fix to this: turns out 9 engineer orbs look a lot like 9 exalts when you're not paying attention and coughing in a trade

rip 10ex and congratulations to account Mdoss, currently on character EnjoyTheEngs, for that scam :v:

condolences, but also lol

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Chakan posted:

I'm an idiot & all my friends are taking a break but I really want to get an aura bot to maps. I'm right before the act 3 final fight and it's starting to get dicey. Should I just focus on minions nodes, use SRS + zombies to get through to maps, then re-spec?

Also I have no idea how to value things beyond "rolled resists + life so it's probably worth a chaos" and "accuracy + damage + crit so I'm sure it's worth something." Apart from spending time in poe.trade is there a decent way to determine value for stuff?

There's a lot of good YT vids out there for explaining this. Mathil has a good one. Just search "PoE pricing items" on YT and watch a few.

edit- poe.trade macro helps a lot too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

condolences, but also lol

The entire chain of events still makes me laugh some 24 hours later :v:

I need to decide what character to do next. That cold bow Raider Mathil did looks like it might be fun--barrage aside--or maybe something with that Varunastra I got.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Chakan posted:

What is the goal of your spec? Minions with auras, or some sort of low life caster?

93 guardian reporting in that runs 10 auras. This was the first character I made this league. I just leveled with scorching ray, you can also run it with CWC firestorm. Briefly I was CI until I could afford a prism guardian and ephemeral edge both of which were 15c+ early league. I used a lorica until low 80s when I could finally afford a shavs.

Since I am more of an aurabot than dedicated LLRF, and thus don't use rise of the phoenix, I didn't feel particularly comfortable sustainability wise until I hit about 8k ES and got some chaos resist. Now that I've sunk a bunch of currency into the character, I feel pretty immortal, and the only things that I feel put me in danger are things that are only survivable with either vaal pact or slayer leech.

Unless you rush explosive impact and holy fire, your tree is going to have very little damage on it until at least your 40s or 50s.

Edit: Here's my dude if you're interested https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Grizlor8/characters?characterName=Majorpsychicpsycho

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Thanks to both of you, given me a lot to chew on!

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Also anyone running rf please buy the crafted 30% more dot gloves asap whatever you can afford even with bad stats. RF only has 3 supports that increase its damage (one being conc effect which you won't use 90% of the time) so the gloves (or hat) are straight up 30% more damage unachievable any other way. Don't wait a while looking for good ones like me, getting crap ones and investing in your other gear is way more worthwhile

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i want to do something with tornado shot. found a scion tshot/barrage poison quill rain build that looks pretty cool and has good single target but it uses a ton of uniques and additional arrow corruptions and seems really finicky which im not sure i want. any other fun tshot builds people have done? i would like to do guardians/shaper with it.

i was leveling up a blade flurry scion for boss killing but its not really clicking with me right now.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Every bow build you find will call for extra arrow corruptions. They can wait but are extremely powerful.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Awesome! posted:

i want to do something with tornado shot. found a scion tshot/barrage poison quill rain build that looks pretty cool and has good single target but it uses a ton of uniques and additional arrow corruptions and seems really finicky which im not sure i want. any other fun tshot builds people have done? i would like to do guardians/shaper with it.

i was leveling up a blade flurry scion for boss killing but its not really clicking with me right now.
I'm running a Doomfletch Raider with Tshot/Barrage and it's a lot of fun, and does a shitload of damage (~600k with flasks up at 83 without any 6L gear or extra arrows or steel/opal rings). I'm finding that the jewels and accessories that give you good survivability (i.e. high tier +life) cost a stupid amount, so it's harder to gear up for survivability than DPS.

I'll probably still buy an extra arrow drillneck before I buy better jewels, and respec out of some damage nodes into more life.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Awesome! posted:

i want to do something with tornado shot. found a scion tshot/barrage poison quill rain build that looks pretty cool and has good single target but it uses a ton of uniques and additional arrow corruptions and seems really finicky which im not sure i want. any other fun tshot builds people have done?

I've been running an Windripper TS/Barrage Raider for magic finding that goes real fast and is a lot of fun.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffBisco

Awesome! posted:

i would like to do guardians/shaper with it.

never mind

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

George posted:

Every bow build you find will call for extra arrow corruptions. They can wait but are extremely powerful.
yeah thats probably true. it does still get like 1.2 million shaper dps with no extra arrow corruptions or barrage enchant so i guess they might not even end up being necessary really.

i think part of my problem is playing a wander has kind of made shattering bow builds feel redundant for mapping.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Found a white 6L body armour (ilvl 79 :( ). Do I just try to trade it as is, or do I throw some currency towards crafting on it?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Found a white 6L body armour (ilvl 79 :( ). Do I just try to trade it as is, or do I throw some currency towards crafting on it?

do you have a shrieking or deafening +life essence? might be worth some chaos with those

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

what base is it?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

what base is it?

Golden plate I believe (can't check atm).

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I just beat the guardians for the first time ever. It was pretty rough though, I died three or four times to each on white or morally-white maps.

Am I remotely ready to take on shaper or should I be able to take on the guardians easily before I try?

And what's with the Chimera's summons? I died repeatedly to them but I could facetank Chimera himself.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

I just beat the guardians for the first time ever. It was pretty rough though, I died three or four times to each on white or morally-white maps.

Am I remotely ready to take on shaper or should I be able to take on the guardians easily before I try?

And what's with the Chimera's summons? I died repeatedly to them but I could facetank Chimera himself.

Shaper is mostly about knowing the tells for his attacks and avoiding them. As long as you have good mobility and damage you can do shaper even if your defenses aren't great.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That said be ready to accept losing a bunch of shaper instances before you beat him.

The good news is you get more practice on guardians!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Qwertycoatl posted:

The chimera adds are the real fight