Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kemper Boyd posted:

In ordinary bizarre news, Yle journalist and known idiot Sanna Ukkola tried to get a random Twitter dude fired, backfires (or at least right now it looks like it backfires): http://blogit.image.fi/paivystavaanarkisti/ala-twiittaa-ukkolasta-saatat-saada-potkut/

Satan, I knew she was just some conservative reactionist who somehow lucked her way to the top, but that she's also a hypocrite? These past right-wing terms have been rough to YLE. It's like there's political pressure to turn it into Fox News.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
https://twitter.com/Sukkola/status/917482477383553025

She just keeps owning herself on twitter

E: "Never tried to get anyone fired, I only dug up a person's place of employment and contacted their superior about a tweet I didn't like"

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 10, 2017

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Rexroom posted:

who somehow lucked her way to the top

Her mom is Tuulikki Ukkola, former Kokoomus MP. So you know, luck or nepotism.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Kemper Boyd posted:

You'd probably vote for LA but Merja Kyllönen is an utter moron. SDP is running a box of cardboard and the Greens will run a neoliberal monster who's essentially Sauli but slightly worse.

Haatainen's invisibility in media means I do not know what makes her terrible.

I will eagerly wait how Haavisto will start to ape Huhtasaari's comments when her popularity hits low 20s.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

So you know, luck or nepotism.

How is nepotism not luck? You can't really work yourself into being someone's daughter.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

How is nepotism not luck? You can't really work yourself into being someone's daughter.

you can if you are a changeling

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I think it's time to pull one for good old Donnie Duck.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If you're unsure who to vote for, this here will sort you out.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

Cerebral Bore posted:

these options are better than pressanvaalit options

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
In the municipal election, I went to the prelim voting thing while drunk as gently caress and wrote "eat poo poo Sipilä" on the ballot.

I think I won't bother for the presidential election.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I didn't know Niinistö was that loving old, and had that young a wife. Poor kid.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

:asoiaf: This thing actually works, I got UKK

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Cerebral Bore posted:

IMHO very accurate vaalikone, but sadly this Sä Itse guy isn't running for election here.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
No jo on ämmä pihalla ku lumiukko.

Is Sanna Ukkola Geriatric Pirate? It's the exactly same kind of "waaah why doesn't everyone recognize my superiority over the inferior poors and browns" whining.

Even her own blog post doesn't make her look good because it assumes that we first agree she's incapable of doing wrong.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kemper Boyd posted:

Her mom is Tuulikki Ukkola, former Kokoomus MP. So you know, luck or nepotism.

Amazing. Tuulikki Ukkola was the Mikko Kärnä of the time. It's nice to see how the apple hasn't fallen far.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Is Sanna Ukkola Geriatric Pirate?

Shut up or she'll PM Lowtax.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

endlessmonotony posted:

No jo on ämmä pihalla ku lumiukko.

Is Sanna Ukkola Geriatric Pirate? It's the exactly same kind of "waaah why doesn't everyone recognize my superiority over the inferior poors and browns" whining.

Even her own blog post doesn't make her look good because it assumes that we first agree she's incapable of doing wrong.

I like poor people. I'm happy giving them more money. It's just the middle-class pretending to be poor that I dislike.

As for Ukkolla, isn't what she's doing the standard left-wing "sananvastuu" thing? Someone trolls her on twitter, she contacts their employer. If she was Li Andersson and the teacher had done the same thing you'd all be nodding your heads like "yeah lol gotta be careful what you say on tweeter." It's stupid to get triggered about some light trolling if you're a public personality but that's the way things are done these days.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I like poor people. I'm happy giving them more money. It's just the middle-class pretending to be poor that I dislike.

96.4% of "poor" households have Oltermanni.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bloom posted:

96.4% of "poor" households have Oltermanni.

Hyvä suomalainen arkijuusto is the new Oltermanni.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Kaikki on paskaa. Myös kusi.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

throw to first drat IT posted:

Kaikki on paskaa. Myös kusi.

Uhh that's not Spurdo that's the other bear...

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Jerry Cotton posted:

Uhh that's not Spurdo that's the other bear...

I been derivoinut all day and trying to beat Simulink into submission and it's not work, I don't care about anything anymore.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm pitäiskö äänestää sitä Pekka "Teh gay" Haavistoa, ihan vaan jotta ihmiset saa raivokohtauksen jos se voittaa. Tai no ihmiset ja ihmiset, persuja nyt tarkoitan.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gortarius posted:

Hmm pitäiskö äänestää sitä Pekka "Teh gay" Haavistoa, ihan vaan jotta ihmiset saa raivokohtauksen jos se voittaa. Tai no ihmiset ja ihmiset, persuja nyt tarkoitan.

Same, except with Huhtasaari

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Geriatric Pirate posted:

As for Ukkolla, isn't what she's doing the standard left-wing "sananvastuu" thing? Someone trolls her on twitter, she contacts their employer. If she was Li Andersson and the teacher had done the same thing you'd all be nodding your heads like "yeah lol gotta be careful what you say on tweeter." It's stupid to get triggered about some light trolling if you're a public personality but that's the way things are done these days.

There's more to it than just being mean to someone. If you look at the red cloth in question:

https://twitter.com/Tero_Hoo/status/916680165052305409

This is a parody of her mocking "cultural appropriation" in Pressiklubi, where she donned an American Indian headpiece, the go-to thing to use for hacks using blunt metaphors. Compared to the usual stuff you see in social media, this was remarkably restrained. I know parody doesn't enjoy the kind of protections here like in other western nations, but Ukkola really should have seen what it was and let it be. Now she only succeeded in raising the profile of said parody, unless that was her plan in the first place, but that theory assumes quite a lot from her. So far I haven't heard of any similar cases to left-wingers of any sort where reasonable parody has provoked a retaliatory reaction. Perhaps there are, but none come to mind.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-8525364

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Gortarius posted:

lol if you even bother voting this time, baby-daddy is a lock

I might go and draw spurdo on the paper because I'm bored

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Niinisto fucks.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

If you are making your living as a professional troll, people are gonna mock you for being a snowflake.

Anyway, I might cast the mythical ironic Paavo vote if he manages to get 20,000 cards signed just so I can say I've voted for Paavo Väyrynen. A common, unifying experience for several generations at this point!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm gonna get drunk and yell incoherently outside the local school. I mean it's what I do most days anyway, but on election day it'll be a voting station and my yelling will be political protest so the cops can't touch me.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

His Divine Shadow posted:

I didn't know Niinistö was that loving old, and had that young a wife. Poor kid.

He's a rich white dude in 2017, he's going to live to be like 120. I mean it's still going to be loving weird when your dad is always mistaken to be your grandpa I guess but it's not like they will barely know eachother.

If you were referring to that with "poor kid" I mean

Definitely going to be weird for his existing kids too. "Aw, your son is so cute." "Well actually, he's my brother".

His wife is also younger then his oldest kid, which, regardless of circumstances, is always a bit creepy.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 11, 2017

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

There's more to it than just being mean to someone. If you look at the red cloth in question:

https://twitter.com/Tero_Hoo/status/916680165052305409

This is a parody of her mocking "cultural appropriation" in Pressiklubi, where she donned an American Indian headpiece, the go-to thing to use for hacks using blunt metaphors. Compared to the usual stuff you see in social media, this was remarkably restrained. I know parody doesn't enjoy the kind of protections here like in other western nations, but Ukkola really should have seen what it was and let it be. Now she only succeeded in raising the profile of said parody, unless that was her plan in the first place, but that theory assumes quite a lot from her. So far I haven't heard of any similar cases to left-wingers of any sort where reasonable parody has provoked a retaliatory reaction. Perhaps there are, but none come to mind.

I agree that these things tend to backfire...

(same applies to the police officer talking about banning @Vihapuhepoliisi)

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I just got sonic boomed, possibly by a decadent swede.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Farting swede!?!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Free Market Mambo posted:

I just got sonic boomed, possibly by a decadent swede.

I just can't keep up with this r/incel lingo

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
lol owned

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Paska :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Äläpäs allekirjoita kirjoituksiasi hah hah haa.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9871352

The government got to re-take the sote-exam. While it wasn't a 4+ like the last time, still not looking all that great. Well, still got two years to shape up!

"Käytännössä yrityksen hoitoon kuluttama raha on pois yrityksen tuloista. Siksi sen kannattaa siirtää kaikki mahdollinen erikoissairaanhoidon hoidettavaksi ja maksettavaksi. Esimerkiksi jos potilaalla on haava, hänet kannattaa lähettää keskussairaalaan, koska muuten yrityksen tulot pienenevät ainakin puudutusaineen, ommeltarvikkeiden sekä ompeluvälineiden sterilointikustannusten verran."

Privatizing profit, subsidizing losses? Well surely our trusty wealth creators won't do that!

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Saatanan tunarit!

:smith: