Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tyree posted:

Is mckinnon worth a number 1 waiver spot?

I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Tyree posted:

Is mckinnon worth a number 1 waiver spot?

I think so.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Humbly asking for this weeks waiver wire write-up. :)

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Out of Julio Jones, AJ Green and michael Thomas, who would you guys go after first?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Tyree posted:

Out of Julio Jones, AJ Green and michael Thomas, who would you guys go after first?

AJ -> Michael Thomas -> Julio

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yesssssssssssssss...I just traded Dez and Parker for Fournette!

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Yesssssssssssssss...I just traded Dez and Parker for Fournette!

What's your record? Too early to trade bench for starters IMO.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

What's your record? Too early to trade bench for starters IMO.

4-1. My WRs are a bit thin, but I'm working on one more trade for a WR.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

pubic works project posted:

4-1. My WRs are a bit thin, but I'm working on one more trade for a WR.

Nice. Not too bad then. I'm 4-1 in both of my leagues and I think if I can get up to 6-2 I'll try to trade package for some 1's.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Can someone please explain why Elijah McGuire is such a hot waiver pick? It's the Jets, Forte is back, and Powell is still there.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Powell is "day-to-day," and the Jets seem to hate him even though he's by far the best RB on their roster. Also, Forte didn't practice last week and turf toe can linger.

I still wouldn't want McGuire, but that's probably the reasoning.

Actually Rotoworld says Powell isn't expected to play at all, which would put McGuire into at worst a timeshare with a banged-up Forte, and at best he could be the featured back this week. It's likely just a one or two week stint, but if you need a fill-in back, McGuire is worth a a look.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahahaha one of my league-mates is lovely at me for my Fournette trade when I know he was offering her some garbage for Lamar Miller.

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Yahoo standard 0PPR, 6pts per TD

My Team
https://imgur.com/a/mWdMX

His Team
https://imgur.com/a/qiLYT

He offered me Cam Newton straight up for my Mixon. I've already had to pick up Stafford as a fill-in for Mariota, and now Stafford is hurt too. I can dump my existing two QB's if I make the trade, but should I make it?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

My Team

His Team

He offered me Cam Newton straight up for my Mixon. I've already had to pick up Stafford as a fill-in for Mariota, and now Stafford is hurt too. I can dump my existing two QB's if I make the trade, but should I make it?

Nope.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

My Team

His Team

No. Everything I've seen is that Stafford is fine. Just a little sore. He finished the game. That NO matchup is a dream come true for him. Stick with him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Nope, Stafford is most likely fine and going against the Saints, if he doesn't go stream a QB until Mariota is back next week probably.

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Thanks everyone!

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Who should I prioritize in 0.5 PPR, McKinnon or Buck Allen? Both are on waivers and I'm probably high enough to get one.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Oh, it's McKinnon time.

Haven't ever heard that before :rolleyes:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bobby Cox posted:

Who should I prioritize in 0.5 PPR, McKinnon or Buck Allen? Both are on waivers and I'm probably high enough to get one.

Wow. This is a tough one because I'd want both (and I own both in one league). Probably McKinnon and then Buck only because Buck is fighting off Collins and then might have to deal with West when he comes back.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Pretty happy that I picked up Jarrett McKinnon, had Aaron Jones starting last week and stashed Alvin Kamara. Still hosed at WR though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bobby Cox posted:

Wow, how is Buck Allen still on your roster
Right Now, I would go Allen over McKinnon. Allen has shown he is a trustable start, whereas McKinnon has gone through this hype train the past two years running with no delivery. But both are good

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

One of the things I'm learning to love about FF is how arbitrary and meaningless everything is.

There is no God. Existence is meaningless. Let's enjoy Sataere's week 6 waiver wire reports:

https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/10/10/waiver-wire-quarterback-week-six/
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/10/10/waiver-wire-running-back-week-six/
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/10/10/waiver-wire-wide-receiver-week-six/
https://footballabsurdity.com/2017/10/10/waiver-wire-tight-end-week-six/

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

McKinnon over Aaron Jones? I'm the Ty Montgomery owner.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Yeah I'm an idiot for dropping Buck Allen earlier :(

I should be able to get him back though. Thanks!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

SurgicalOntologist posted:

McKinnon over Aaron Jones? I'm the Ty Montgomery owner.

McKinnon. As Spoaenk pointed out a few pages ago, there's reasonable chance Green Bay gives each like 10 carries, and then you'll have no one to start.

But if you have to settle for Aaron Jones, still a nice haul

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

I'd pickup Jones over McKinnon as the Monty owner. Monty may be out again for another week or two and Jones has way more upside the next few weeks if he does. Jones is a better RB than McKinnon.

But, yeah, ROS in a vacuum I'd rather have McKinnon as Murray is bad and so he's likely to be their RB1 going forward.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Does Yahoo show stat corrections in the app or website?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Choose a shitlord to drop for McKinnon:

Crowell
Rob Kelley (I included his first name in case you forgot who he was)
JStew
Cohen
Latavius

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Suave Fedora posted:

Crowell
JStew
Cohen
Latavius

Crowell

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Crowell. I just made that same move

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Suave Fedora posted:

Crowell
JStew
Cohen
Latavius

I would drop both Crowell and Latavius. Gun to my head latavius because crowell could still have at least one good week

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Latavius in PPR. Cohen in non-PPR.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Crowell
JStew
Cohen
Latavius

Tough. I'd probably dump Kelley actually, especially if any PPR. He's a JAG, hasn't produced much even when healthy, has Thompson guaranteed to take touches and Perine also nipping at his heels, so he's got pretty minimal ceiling and low floor. Murray and Crowell have floors maybe a touch lower, but also far higher ceiling.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can someone please explain why Elijah McGuire is such a hot waiver pick? It's the Jets, Forte is back, and Powell is still there.
You don't think McGuire can put himself in a position to steal that job? Powell is hurt and the Jets have never loved him as much as fantasy circles do. Forte looked old and busted before his turf toe injury, so his reliability and effectiveness ROS is in question. Both backs have potential outs in their contracts after this season as well. Jets are playing for the future, not this season, so I think they'll be wondering what the youngster McGuire can do. Kid had plenty of pass-catching experience in college too and analysts I've seen write him up consider him an underrated interior runner as well.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

dkj posted:

Does Yahoo show stat corrections in the app or website?

On their website under the Players menu, Stat Corrections.

I've seen stat corrections on Yahoo! as late as Wednesday, so that's cool.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

tonic posted:

Latavius in PPR. Cohen in non-PPR.

I feel like cohen is worth one more week. Against teams that are good against runs he suuuuuuuck, but hes had double digits a few times against teams bad vs run. He gets the Ravens, who have been struggling against good running teams, despite their solid D. An obvious run-heavy gameplan against a decent but not great d-line seems like the perfect test.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

You don't think McGuire can put himself in a position to steal that job? Powell is hurt and the Jets have never loved him as much as fantasy circles do. Forte looked old and busted before his turf toe injury, so his reliability and effectiveness ROS is in question. Both backs have potential outs in their contracts after this season as well. Jets are playing for the future, not this season, so I think they'll be wondering what the youngster McGuire can do. Kid had plenty of pass-catching experience in college too and analysts I've seen write him up consider him an underrated interior runner as well.

It's certainly possible. I just don't see who I would take him over.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Am I insane for wanting to offer Frank Gore for Amari Cooper? I might try for Terrell Pryor first. The team I'm offering him to has James White and Duke Johnson as their starting backs. Mixon and Alex Collins on the bench

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's certainly possible. I just don't see who I would take him over.
That's fair. Certainly dependent on team need and who else is available. I grabbed him a couple weeks ago and I've been content to sit on him. I try to be aggressive when I feel like a changing of the guard is about to take place.

I'll probably be starting him in a couple lineups this weekend too. Heavy workload against the Pats D? Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

schweens posted:

Am I insane for wanting to offer Frank Gore for Amari Cooper? I might try for Terrell Pryor first. The team I'm offering him to has James White and Duke Johnson as their starting backs. Mixon and Alex Collins on the bench

You could try, but Gore's value is sure to fall with him struggling and Mack's emergence, i wouldn't start Gore over any of those 4 currently, maybe Collins.

Cooper's been trash, but i'd expect him to semi turn it around once Carr is back. It's probably the best time to go for the buy low if ever, but there's the risk Cooper just continues sucking.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 11, 2017

• Locked thread