Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
North Korea, a country that doesnt even have reliable electricity, just managed to out-hack the US and now has THE SECRET PLANS OF THE JOINT MILITARY OPERATIONS IN THE EVENT OF WAR WITH NORTH KOREA.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/10/north-korea-hacked-us-war-plans-south-korea-reports

TRUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
what is the Luis ck convo?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Could be wrong.

I usually am. Unless I am right. The I am not wrong.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al-Saqr posted:

North Korea, a country that doesnt even have reliable electricity, just managed to out-hack the US and now has THE SECRET PLANS OF THE JOINT MILITARY OPERATIONS IN THE EVENT OF WAR WITH NORTH KOREA.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/10/north-korea-hacked-us-war-plans-south-korea-reports

TRUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

im sure they were shocked to discover that we would bomb them

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

ruined both daredevil and batman as characters

Ben didn't ruin batman, the script was just terrible
:goonsay:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ckwiesr posted:

tig notaro accused him of cornering women and masturbating in front of them, it's back in the news because of this weinstein thing

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

TRUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

good thing trump has no plans

:chaostrump:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Ckwiesr posted:

gently caress.

I like him. But I am sure he is really problematic. So I am trying to look the other way.

It's me, a liberal

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jazerus posted:

what you want to do is disband the ama then

they're also a medieval guild

I don't know enough about them to come down hard on either side of that, but aren't the AMAs super assholes who lobby for limits on immigrant doctors and poo poo?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Mayor Dave posted:

tig notaro accused him of cornering women and masturbating in front of them, it's back in the news because of this weinstein thing

gently caress

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

wait what did Ben Affleck do?

claimed to have no idea about Harvey Weinstein, didn't mention his brother's sexual abuse allegations

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Ckwiesr posted:

there's been grumblings of him being a serial harasser for years

unfortunately, not much in the way of specific allegations

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know enough about them to come down hard on either side of that, but aren't the AMAs super assholes who lobby for limits on immigrant doctors and poo poo?

yes, they severely constrain the number of doctors who can get licensed every year in order to keep wages high for their members

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

good thing trump has no plans

:chaostrump:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

2017 continues

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Literally the number one thing we need more is doctors, GPs and family doctors specifically. Any program to create more loving lawyers or loving engineers when people have to wait weeks just to see a doctor is immoral.

I'm gonna second this. The entire system for licensing physicians is broken. The idea that a student has to become an indentured servant, basically a slave to some hospital to get a license is insane.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

there's been grumblings of him being a serial harasser for years

unfortunately, not much in the way of specific allegations

jen kirkman, yeah that jen kirkman was the one that hinted at it but then recently she went on the record to say it wasn not CK

and tig was basing her protest of ck off of kirkman's thing

he's probably still an abuser tho

dont trust bald old people

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Today in People I Didn't Think Would Tweet This Way:

https://twitter.com/Michael_Buffer/status/917877759254315008

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zyla posted:

:flipoff:

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Are... are we the Chaos Legion?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

For all kinds of reasons.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

GobiasIndustries posted:

wait what did Ben Affleck do?

covered for his brother casey

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

they set hard limits on medical school class sizes too

they 100% control the number of doctors allowed to begin working in the us yearly, whether they are immigrant or native

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Evil_Greven posted:

Are... are we the Chaos Legion?

absolutely

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/917877851642359808

ffs

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

well gently caress :(
wasn't he the one who encouraged her to put out Live? not that it has anything to do with this situation but that's one of my favorite standup sets ever.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Zyla posted:

jen kirkman, yeah that jen kirkman was the one that hinted at it but then recently she went on the record to say it wasn not CK

Lfew

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jazerus posted:

they 100% control the number of doctors allowed to begin working in the us yearly, whether they are immigrant or native

they should do this for lawyers

we have the reverse problem

its too easy to be a lawyer

half of the lawyers graduated every year did it because their initial careers fell through or were unfeasable

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Zyla posted:

he's also doing a press tour for this movie:

quote:

The New York Times‘ Cara Buckley asked the comedian about the Louis CK sexual harassment rumors in an interview for his new movie, I Love You, Daddy. The broader context is that the movie–which stars Chloë Grace Moretz as an almost-eighteen-year-old actress being seduced by a filmmaker four times her age–addresses but doesn’t try to answer uncomfortable questions about how well people ever really know each other.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jazerus posted:

Well then we should get rid of the AMA

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lol that's not the only time donny's used the very Hermione Granger "Really!" he's got some incredibly effete mannerisms and phrases for being such a tough hombre

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Al-Saqr posted:

TRUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

September 2016.

OBAMMAAAAA!

(Actually they hacked South Korea, not the US, but still it's pretty lol)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jazerus posted:

lots of that is due to the bottleneck for medical residency spots

which are funded by medicare lol

not that the AMA is blameless tho - they predicted an overproduction in the late 90s lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

TRUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

lol owned

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

TRUUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP

it's also possible the south just gave them up

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

one of the biggest ways to fix healthcare in this country is to somehow triple the amount of doctors overnight

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Augus posted:

what the gently caress does Clinton have to do with this gently caress everything
Took money from a dirty rich slob.

If they wear all white, they're clean and it's cool obviously.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

[quote="“Vertical Lime”" post="“477253818”"]
https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/917844865806778368

they deserve to fail for their twitter feed
[/quote]

btw Olivia nuzzi and krang t Nelson posted the same one liner referencing this and now there's a minor twitter war between weird left twitter and journo twitter because krang accused her of stealing his joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

at this point it's who hasn't been harassed by him

• Locked thread