Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I have seen absolutely nothing out of Dormady to make me think he's any good. At all. Maybe that's because of coaching, maybe it's because he sucks. Dobbs wasn't the greatest ever but the kid had a ton of talent and would pull wins out of his rear end (and also losses). Dormady isn't anything even approaching an acceptable version of a QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

nate fisher posted:

This feels like a hail mary by Butch to save his job. We will see.

That's exactly what it is, nothing more nothing less.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dobbs was awesome in the second half of last year when they just said gently caress it and let him start bombing away

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Guarantano has looked not good in his limited work so far this year, but he is the run-option type that Dobbs was that Butch needs to run this offense. Dormady is the complete opposite, and is also trash. Maybe Guarantano will look better with starter reps and if Butch allows him to run around some.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I also think from what we've seen of G's attitude he may be like "gently caress this stupid play" and take off running regardless of what Butch says.

Which may or may not be a bad thing.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

nate fisher posted:

Will it be a 2016 UGA Hail Mary or 2017 Florida one?

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee has announced it has benched Quentin Dormady, and redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano will start against South Carolina.

Dude's gonna light us up, guaranteed. This always happens to us whenever a team's starter is ruled out or benched.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

RumbleFish posted:

Dude's gonna light us up, guaranteed. This always happens to us whenever a team's starter is ruled out or benched.

uhhhh sorry Tennessee has a well-known curse of always losing to backup QB's, we can't both have it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It turns out looking bad against a QB you're unprepared for is pretty common

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

KKKLIP ART posted:

Will it be a 2016 UGA Hail Mary or 2017 Florida one?

Well both outcomes have a silver lining for Tennessee. Either they win or Jones gets fired.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nate fisher posted:

Big rumor going around (not only message boards, but in press) that Dormady is threatening to transfer. Honestly Guarantano has looked awful, and to Dormady's credit our offensive line has done him no favors. So at least Guarantano can run for his life.

dormady just quit the team is the new rumor

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Blue Raider posted:

dormady just quit the team is the new rumor

If he did the only person that cares is him, no Vols fan will be sad to see him go.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

here is saban riding a mini kart

https://twitter.com/AlabamaFTBL/status/917500745007751168

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

skid drat tide

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

LOOK AT ALL THESE SAD FANS:

https://twitter.com/Dorseyitis/status/917534251800776704/photo/1

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

D.N. Nation posted:

This was always going to be a transitional year for Michigan; the early high rankings were a little silly. Year 1, Harbaugh wins 10 games with Brady Hoke's team. Year 2, are legitimately screwed in Columbus out of a division title, win 10 and go to a NY6 bowl. They'll be fine, though that was a really really stupid loss Saturday.

All of this is true.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Is that a rebel flag on the thing he is riding?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Saban and Urbz both won champions in their third seasons and Michigan fans and espn treat harbaugh like he is in that league, so i dunno if that excuse holds up.

And as much as I hate James franklin he seems to be doing pretty well in his third season as well (so far)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

Is that a rebel flag on the thing he is riding?

It's got a houndstooth pattern on it so most likely no

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't read those names as anything other than Normandy and Guantanamo.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Saban and Urbz both won champions in their third seasons and Michigan fans and espn treat harbaugh like he is in that league, so i dunno if that excuse holds up.

And as much as I hate James franklin he seems to be doing pretty well in his third season as well (so far)

Isn't it Franklin's 4th season?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yea you're right. He still took a dumpster fire to the rose bowl last year and Michigan probably has two more regular season losses in them

Edit: poo poo I just learned Michigan has one only one championship since 1970.

Fluffdaddy fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 10, 2017

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sash! posted:

I can't read those names as anything other than Normandy and Guantanamo.

:same:

I still can't parse G's name.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

D.N. Nation posted:

They'll be fine, though that was a really really stupid loss Saturday.

Actually, it was really good and cool.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Watching Tennessee football is less pleasurable than a stint at Guantanamo

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Fluffdaddy posted:

It's got a houndstooth pattern on it so most likely no

A houndstooth rebel flag sounds like the most Alabama thing imaginable.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hey while we're on the subject have a cool story about confederate battle flags

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/20/minnesota-has-a-confederate-symbol-and-it-is-going-to-keep-it/

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea you're right. He still took a dumpster fire to the rose bowl last year and Michigan probably has two more regular season losses in them

I'm not sure what you mean. Penn State was legitimately good in the second half of last season after some people got back from injury.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
https://twitter.com/rstanleynhl/status/917815467510812672

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

^^^^^^^^^^ thats great

I'm from VA and gently caress giving that back they won it. Keep it forever Minnesota, at least your history around it (i assume) correctly labels it as enemy property.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's completely understandable Michigan would take a step back this year when almost everyone good graduated, but the fact that they haven't had a good O-Line in like 6 years and it was recruited by Lloyd Carr and Rich Rodriguez is still pretty concerning

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

You mean 0.5 championships

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

gently caress I had forgotten they're doing playoff rankings this early

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Fluffdaddy posted:

Urbz won in his 2nd and 4th at UF.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

swickles posted:

Urbz won in his 2nd and 4th at UF.

Yup. Third at Ohio State.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Joel Lanning 4 Heisman

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

:eyepop:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

If we're on this topic here's a gem for you-

https://www.ksat.com/education/neisd-approves-new-name-for-robert-e-lee-high-school

In a contentious decision, San Antonio's Robert E. Lee High School has chosen to change its name to Legacy of Educational Excellence High School. That's right- the former Lee High School is now LEE High School. I love it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How is changing it to functionally the same thing a gently caress you to both sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

The Iowa State Cyclones defeated the Oklahoma Sooners in a game of college football this past Saturday.

• Locked thread