Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I see you have debt oprmrbkems

Perhaps a loan would help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/917867728429559809

Oh Derrick...have a seat and let me explain what you just said...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In my imagination NBA players never wear shirts ever .

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Dunn is out 2-4 weeks with his fingie injury. I'm sure Bulls fans are sooo depressed

euphronius posted:

Your wife know about this

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
in my furtively drawn secret sex art nba players are all anthropomorphized tanks and planes

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rondo out 4-6 weeks, NO cursed

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

euphronius posted:

If I could dunk a basketball I'm sure all of my psychological issues would instantly evaporate .
I once touched the rim and spent the next month walking around doing the Peter Parker Spider-Man 3 dance.

Best Steven Adams interview is when he's still got short hair and a clean shave and he's talking about Perkins elbowing him in practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jubbI95bU2Y

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

how do you tell who plays for what team

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Headband colors

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EvanTH posted:

It sounds like they're all playing for the same team :bigtran:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
creek freak OG will be a generational talent hands down

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
stop saying weed names and tell me who the good prospect is

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

attackmole posted:

Hey guys it's time for MourningView's fave, anime chat, courtesy of Steven Adams.

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/917822033861283840

one punch man is the one bright ray of sunlight that shames the rest of anime by showing how good it could be.kinda like steven adams and humanity.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
it's almost certainly this kid #1 but with "I Get the Bag" as the background music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbc0sliw25Q
Doncic's good but he's not 7 ft tall

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Porter and Bagley are jousting for 1

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ChainsawCharlie posted:

one punch man is the one bright ray of sunlight that shames the rest of anime by showing how good it could be.kinda like steven adams and humanity.

One punch man owns. I showed it to my girlfriend who hates most things anime and she loved it.

Hell even cranky old man Bill Burr likes it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4WQal7L2Cw

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
No anime

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Please God. Please.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:allears:
https://twitter.com/JaValeMcGee34/status/917913149075988482
https://go.twitch.tv/bigdaddywookie

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

What about basketball anime.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
straight cash homie

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/917858807425925120

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
did you guys know that james harden moonlights as a country musician

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBt2fwy0lZE&t=853s

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/917902483879616512
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/917921809500131328

morestuff posted:

As far as I can tell that leaves Hornets, Wizards, Pacers, Bulls, Rockets, Mavericks, Blazers, Grizzlies, Spurs, Suns, Pelicans, and Clippers without sponsors. I think OKC is the only team that's outright stated they won't be doing them.

Not that surprising some of the smaller markets haven't found a sponsor yet, but L.A., Chicago, Houston and Phoenix being out there is a little weird.

Having ads beyond whoever makes the jersey on them makes them look so much cheaper. It's going to be a sad day when they all become covered.

If I was a billionaire, I would buy awkward pictures of my friend's faces as jersey ads.

WhyteRyce posted:

I have a soft spot for Rudy but boy do Spurs fans seem to gloss over that it's Rudy Gay and he tore his Achilles
I think that will stop if Leonard is out for any long amount of time. They might learn to love LMA again.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This team is better than 2013 Lmfao this year gonna own

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Rondo out 4-6 weeks, NO cursed

It's just tradition to have at least two starters out at the beginning of every season.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Metapod posted:

This team is better than 2013 Lmfao this year gonna own

Carmelo Anthony sucks and Paul George isn't Durant.

Houston's stars are too short.

Bow before Golden State.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Bashez posted:

Bow before Golden State.

A team so mighty they talk poo poo about Westbrook...anonymously.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/the-warriors-reportedly-think-russell-westbrook-plays-a-style-thats-easy-to-guard/

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

I can't remember if I shared the story here or not but Steve Kerr once came into the wine bar I used to work at at the Oakland Airport and taught me the triangle offense on a charcuterie board. It was one of the coolest moments of my life A) because he was loving awesome and one of the most genuine dudes I've ever met and B) because I was learning the triangle from a guy that I grew up watching on TV.

This was about 8-10 weeks after he was hired (somewhere around early August of 2014) and I'd always told friends/family about it etc.

Fast forward to about 3 months ago (I'm not working there anymore) and I get a text from one of my old co-workers that Baxter Holmes had come in looking for anyone that was there "The day Steve Kerr and Bruce Fraser came through in 2014." According to Holmes, Kerr told him that the first time he'd begun diagramming what he wanted the Warriors to do on offense was..."on a charcuterie board at the Oakland Airport at a place called Vino Volo."

So Baxter and I began talking back and forth and I gave him a bunch of details about the interaction. Basically, I asked Steve how the triangle worked, because I'd heard about it and never really understood the overall principles. So he said, "It's simple, I'll show you." He cleared the board off and used the almonds and dried cranberries as offense/defense and diagrammed it and had an ah-ha moment or two where he was saying "Usually we'd do this, but because we've got Steph and Klay and so much shooting, we can do this instead."

Baxter consulted Steve a number of times over the Summer and the story is set to launch tomorrow online and be in the NBA preview mag apparently.

He's also trying to get me a signed copy from Steve Kerr.

Pretty cool stuff, if anyone is interested the article is supposed to go live tomorrow morning.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

TheKevman posted:

I can't remember if I shared the story here or not but Steve Kerr once came into the wine bar I used to work at at the Oakland Airport and taught me the triangle offense on a charcuterie board. It was one of the coolest moments of my life A) because he was loving awesome and one of the most genuine dudes I've ever met and B) because I was learning the triangle from a guy that I grew up watching on TV.

This was about 8-10 weeks after he was hired (somewhere around early August of 2014) and I'd always told friends/family about it etc.

Fast forward to about 3 months ago (I'm not working there anymore) and I get a text from one of my old co-workers that Baxter Holmes had come in looking for anyone that was there "The day Steve Kerr and Bruce Fraser came through in 2014." According to Holmes, Kerr told him that the first time he'd begun diagramming what he wanted the Warriors to do on offense was..."on a charcuterie board at the Oakland Airport at a place called Vino Volo."

So Baxter and I began talking back and forth and I gave him a bunch of details about the interaction. Basically, I asked Steve how the triangle worked, because I'd heard about it and never really understood the overall principles. So he said, "It's simple, I'll show you." He cleared the board off and used the almonds and dried cranberries as offense/defense and diagrammed it and had an ah-ha moment or two where he was saying "Usually we'd do this, but because we've got Steph and Klay and so much shooting, we can do this instead."

Baxter consulted Steve a number of times over the Summer and the story is set to launch tomorrow online and be in the NBA preview mag apparently.

Pretty cool stuff, if anyone is interested the article is supposed to go live tomorrow morning.

Thanks for helping cause the Warriors offense to poop on the NBA causing Kevin Durant to become shook and join GSW/break the NBA.

Post the article tomorrow, sounds awesome.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TheKevman posted:

Just think, if he had hit more traffic that day and didn't have time to stop for a glass of wine, the Warriors would still be mediocre and LeBron would have more rings?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That's really cool. Definitely link us!

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

He sent me a sneak peak and the artwork is awesome, they've got the dubs players superimposed on a charcuterie board and Kerr and Fraser sitting at the bar with meat and cheese in front of them :)

It's definitely Game of Zones-esque

It's one of those long form story articles that's got a bunch of details layered in and it's really, really good!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kev it's now your duty to use the triangle offense in youth leagues

Bashez posted:

Bow before Golden State.

Whatever helps you cope with kawhis death

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

Want there someone in here coaching kids for the first time a year or two ago? I wonder how that went.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ig i can't ask who its targeted to thats obvious but who wants this

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Woo perfect *cough* pre *cough* season for the Jazz. Glad to see that Mitchell seems to be as good as advertised. If Exum isn't dead for the season I'll have a lot of hope.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I too would pay nine figures to watch this man recover from injuries in a gym

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Metapod posted:

Hahaha look for the article a few years from now about how a charcuterie board revolutionized the youth game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Doltos posted:

I too would pay nine figures to watch this man recover from injuries in a gym

actually i didn't pay anything at all. this footage was free on twitter

• Locked thread