Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Photex posted:

people who are using chevron crosshairs should just uninstall the game and go back to PUBG. That is all.

How do you make a chevron crosshair in cs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Who else really really likes the new T x-hair?

Where my T-boys at??

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

i am a low t gamer

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

mcvey posted:

Who else really really likes the new T x-hair?

Where my T-boys at??

Makes headshots way more fun with this easy mnemonic: plug your enemy's ears and give them a soul patch.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

This video brought to you by the letter T for T crosshair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQ5VswnJWA

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
SK knocked out of ELEAGUE groups by Heroic, and they were within a hair's breadth of being eliminated first in the group by Liquid. All their biggest rivals are through to QFs, so there should be no chance of SK remaining at number one unless all 4 lose in the QFs. Pretty stacked tournament in terms of teams, should be some good games.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Finally got the Defuse This achievement!

https://gfycat.com/decentwhichasiantrumpetfish

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Jeza posted:

SK knocked out of ELEAGUE groups by Heroic, and they were within a hair's breadth of being eliminated first in the group by Liquid. All their biggest rivals are through to QFs, so there should be no chance of SK remaining at number one unless all 4 lose in the QFs. Pretty stacked tournament in terms of teams, should be some good games.

Yeah I caught the Heroic/SK Mirage game, amazing how well they played and how SK really seemed to struggle to show up.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

One year strong today

CS:GO has never looked so good

surc
Aug 17, 2004

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I like seeing those dudes who spend their usual days shooting each other over and over just chilling, hanging back and relaxing on the couch. They deserve it.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
goon job, goon

road 2 master guardian begins here

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

FaZe is too good for this earth

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

boston gonna get the most unhype major in the history of CSGO, too much time in between groups and playoffs. It's gonna feel like two separate tournaments.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why am I suddenly being told to watch 10 minutes of a spinbotters pov twirling around at light speed

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
you don't have to watch at normal speed... press shift +f2 or type "demoui" in console to access the demo controls. slide the speed to 1000% or w/e and enjoy your 30 seconds of overwatch.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Let's watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzJhao705I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKGQ_IxZ4u0

a CSGO hacker vs hacker tournament. Real Counter-Strike.

e: it's going about as well as you'd think.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 7, 2017

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What's the point of boosting in a hacker game?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mcvey posted:

Let's watch:

a CSGO hacker vs hacker tournament. Real Counter-Strike.

e: it's going about as well as you'd think.

how is this fun for...anyone

turns out, when you get a bunch of kids who hack in a server....they ruin things!!!!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Famethrowa posted:

how is this fun for...anyone

turns out, when you get a bunch of kids who hack in a server....they ruin things!!!!

it could be interesting if each player had a different hack and they took time to explain how it worked, although im a software guy and i like that stuff

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

A wallhack that removes all walls and objects so you can see everyone perfectly but are in a boundless void

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

A wallhack that removes all walls and objects so you can see everyone perfectly but are in a boundless void

Reminds me of when you could edit the texture files to make the walls translucent and player models fullbright.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

it could be interesting if each player had a different hack and they took time to explain how it worked, although im a software guy and i like that stuff

I could dig that, but it's literally just dudes spinning

and, they didn't set the money to infinite, so the team that gets to autos first wins 16-0. it's hilarious

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I think ESEA is slowly beginning to pay off for my individual skill. Just ranked back up to C+. Here's a few entertaining moments from two pugs I streamed earlier.

Fun fact: After that first clutch clip the T's only ended up winning one more round against us, having us close it out 16-14.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJfhjaSCVDQ

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is it worth it to turn all my video settings to literal baby poo poo shmeared on the screen to eek out whatever I can if I hover around 53fps right now

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 10, 2017

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/csgo_dev/status/917509823633154048

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This'll be terrible

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Refined?

:thunk:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Is it worth it to turn all my video settings to literal baby poo poo shmeared on the screen to eek out whatever I can if I hover around 53fps right now

100% absolutely, what resolution do you play on? I have a 1440p monitor and I play on 1600x900. Also make sure that you have vertical sync turned off.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

ThePeavstenator posted:

100% absolutely, what resolution do you play on? I have a 1440p monitor and I play on 1600x900. Also make sure that you have vertical sync turned off.

I use 1920x1080 in windowed fullscreen.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I use 1920x1080 in windowed fullscreen.

Turn it to just fullscreen. CS:GO runs like poo poo in windowed for some reason. I'd say that if you're playing below 100 fps you need to be lowering whatever you can.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kwilty posted:

Turn it to just fullscreen. CS:GO runs like poo poo in windowed for some reason. I'd say that if you're playing below 100 fps you need to be lowering whatever you can.

What about my sensitivity?

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Push El Burrito posted:

What about my sensitivity?

What about this is a dead loving meme u dip

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

get a cs circumcision and lower your sens

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ThePeavstenator posted:

get a cs circumcision and lower your sens

Good tip.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

GX vs Torqued going down in about 30 minutes.

https://www.hltv.org/matches/2315542/gx-vs-torqued-esea-premier-season-26-north-america

First time Dazed and Steel have played against each other in a match in 3~ years.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
they're gonna make it so you cant bang mid doors in the new and improved dust2

they're also gonna remove pit

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2017/10/19463/

so apparently the new dust 2 beta is live on the beta client

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

mcvey posted:

GX vs Torqued going down in about 30 minutes.

https://www.hltv.org/matches/2315542/gx-vs-torqued-esea-premier-season-26-north-america

First time Dazed and Steel have played against each other in a match in 3~ years.

It's a loving throwback roster for Torqued, I remember most if not all of this lineup from Source like 7+ years ago lol.