Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Zeris posted:

Ok great. Now what about the other 3 questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNtj27a6Rk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LotW96AmSBo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Kinda want to see this loop back and forth.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
poo poo got buckwild in the background there.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Rip Testes posted:

What all is being re-purposed from ESB?

Finn in the recovery pod is akin to Luke in the bacta tank.
Luke as Yoda doing the training bit on a watery world.
Walkers taking on a rebel base with a giant blast door on a white world.
Hard to tell, but looks like Kylo Ren is pulling a 'join me on the dark side' Vader moment with Rey.
Luke saying 'this is not going the way you think'a possible admonition to Rey jetting off before completing her training.
That bit where it looked like Rey was suspended and being tortured hearkens back to the Han Solo torture scene.

Additions/corrections?

Giant Star Destroyer.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Lord Hydronium posted:

Kinda want to see this loop back and forth.

ask and ye shall receive

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

quote:

Hard to tell, but looks like Kylo Ren is pulling a 'join me on the dark side' Vader moment with Rey.

I actually think this is going to be similar but distinct.

Not that I think Ben and Rey are going to be romantic, but I have a Romeo+Juliet or "pupils from rival dojos who put aside their differences to upend the old order" vibe, and that trailer only solidified that for me.

I can see them both rejecting their masters

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Seaniqua posted:

ask and ye shall receive

TLJ seems like it will probably suffer from the Ending Multiplication Effect as well.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I can't wait for the Dance Battles.

poo poo, when is The Last Laser Master coming out!?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
[quote="“aBagorn”" post="“477251482”"]
I actually think this is going to be similar but distinct.

Not that I think Ben and Rey are going to be romantic, but I have a Romeo+Juliet or “pupils from rival dojos who put aside their differences to upend the old order” vibe, and that trailer only solidified that for me.

I can see them both rejecting their masters
[/quote]

I'm 98% certain that Rey and Ben are cousins, and ultimately their conflict is a battle over the inheritance of the Skywalker legacy.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Seaniqua posted:

ask and ye shall receive

Awesome, thanks. :cool:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Ben and Rey will become the gray jedis that I never played in KOTOR because gently caress that

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Kylo tapeface is starting to annoy me now that I think about it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Honestly I think I'm more interested in finding out more about Ben than Rey...I still think Rey's origin/secret is gonna be the safest possible thing, but Ben stands a chance of being far more interesting, especially since they went ahead and had him commit patricide.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

jivjov posted:

Honestly I think I'm more interested in finding out more about Ben than Rey...I still think Rey's origin/secret is gonna be the safest possible thing, but Ben stands a chance of being far more interesting, especially since they went ahead and had him commit patricide.

Don't we already know the basics?

- Son of Han/Leia, their relationship goes poorly and are too heavily involved in politics/smuggling to be there enough for Ben.
- At the breaking point of their relationship, they ship him off to Luke to train at the new Jedi Academy.
- It fails because Luke's primary source of knowledge about the Force/Jedi are Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin...yikes.
- Snoke enters the scene at some point and helps turn Kylo.

I'm sure finding out the particulars will be cool, but it seems like his backstory already had the essentials covered in VII.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

fridge corn posted:

Is phasma gonna take her helmet off?

She is but it will be James Earl Jones under the mask.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I can't wait for the Dance Battles.

poo poo, when is The Last Laser Master coming out!?

According to their podcast they're shooting for thanksgiving again.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I rewatched IV for the first time in as many years!
-rolf at the way R2 sits on Luke's speeder.
-Leia sees the Falcoln for the first time, turns to Han
"You're braver than I thought."
Han: "Nice."
The half a second of dead stare Han gives Leia when he delivers this line is funny. Like he's replying "oh good one. I haven't heard that before- are you going to go with that line too? Clever and classy." The way he totally gives her comment NOTHING and then immediately moves on. Followed by his bizarre-o yelling run attack of the squad of stormtroopers. Like, I guess he snapped and doesn't care about them anymore. All that stealth was probably getting to him.
-Luke whining every single one of his lines. "C3PO! Oh whereeee couuld he bee! oh wheere couuuld he bee!"
-I forgot how much of episode IV was shots of "oh hey look at this cool looking robot and/or alien, isn't it neat?"
-As a kid I totally missed that Ben's line "if you strike me down I'll become more powerful than you could ever imagine" is referring the act triggering Luke into becoming a Jedi. Right? Or at the very least the glance and relaxed look he gives when he knows he can die in Luke's sight, giving Luke full cause to go full cool.
-Mispronouncments abound! There is one part where Leia is pronounced differently, as is yavin iv in the span of twenty seconds.
-All the main characters have that instant rapport of 'friendly to the point of honestly insulting each other but its cool' so quick. Including Ben! Ok maybe Ben not so much. But I love how he acts a little out of beat from the rest of the A Team. When he darts out of the control room once they finally make it inside the Death Star. I looove that Ben is the most experienced, competent 'adventurer' on their mission with his wisdom. It cements he has been on many of his own and hey, maybe "getting a little too old for this" poo poo.
-The other weird scene on the Death Star when its all a bit too much for Chewie and he runs off to be alone for a bit.

Seriously the scene is just him hearing a noise and then running away from the others to shake his head. and that's it! it is never built on and the adventure continues!

Next up, E5!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rip Testes posted:

What all is being re-purposed from ESB?

Finn in the recovery pod is akin to Luke in the bacta tank.
Luke as Yoda doing the training bit on a watery world.
Walkers taking on a rebel base with a giant blast door on a white world.
Luke saying 'this is not going the way you think'a possible admonition to Rey jetting off before completing her training.
That bit where it looked like Rey was suspended and being tortured hearkens back to the Han Solo torture scene.

Additions/corrections?

please do not spoiler red letter media episodes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

rawillkill posted:

One of 4 IMAX posters

Something I'll never get because AMC took away my ability to snag em off the table because no one wanted them.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Filthy Casual posted:

- At the breaking point of their relationship, they ship him off to Luke to train at the new Jedi Academy.

Han and Leia were just fine when they sent Ben to train with Luke. Leia felt that Luke would be a better teacher to Ben than she could be, since he would understand better what Ben was going through. Then (spoilers for the book Bloodline) a political enemy of Leia's finds out that Leia is the daughter of Vader, and has the info leaked. This is how Ben finds out, while training away from his parents, that he is the grandson of Darth Vader. By a public broadcast. I bring this book stuff up because Rian Johnson had a hand in some story elements in the book, so it might come up.

Han and Leia split after Ben freaked out and left. After their failure as parents, they both went back to what they "were good at".

Edit: Fixed a typo.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 11, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

thrawn527 posted:

Han and Leia were just fine when they sent Ben to train with Luke. Leia felt that Luke would be a better teacher to Ben than she could be, since he would understand better what Ben was going through. Then (spoilers for the book Bloodline) a political enemy of Leia's finds out that Leia is the daughter of Vader, and has the info leaked. This is how Ben finds out, while training away from his parents, that he is the son of Darth Vader. By a public broadcast. I bring this book stuff up because Rian Johnson had a hand in some story elements in the book, so it might come up.

Han and Leia split after Ben freaked out and left. After their failure as parents, they both went back to what they "were good at".

Can we reboot the EU again?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

thrawn527 posted:

Ben finds out, while training away from his parents, that he is the son of Darth Vader.
Man, the Skywalkers are a pretty hosed up family.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Lord Hydronium posted:

Man, the Skywalkers are a pretty hosed up family.

God dammit. Fixing it, but you know what I meant.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

Goons and lists. A loving plague.

Here's my ranking of the Star Wars films:

1). The Empire Strikes Back

2). A New Hope

3). Return of the Jedi

4). Revenge of the Sith

5). The Phantom Menace

6). Attack of the Clones

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Yaws posted:

Here's my ranking of the Star Wars films:

1). The Empire Strikes Back

2). A New Hope

3). Return of the Jedi

4). Revenge of the Sith

5). The Phantom Menace

6). Attack of the Clones

Here's mine:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi

I'll never watch the prequels again because they're so bad, and it looks like Disney is simply remaking the OT.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What was it that one poster used to say about Star Wars fans?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UmOk posted:

What was it that one poster used to say about Star Wars fans?

They do not like Star Wars

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

If you don't like every single Star Wars movie you ain't a fan. Concrete airtight logic.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Yaws posted:

If you don't like every single Star Wars movie you ain't a fan. Concrete airtight logic.

What? It's not liking Stap Wars that makes you a Stat Wars fan.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It is possible, and even common, to be a Star Wars fan and to dislike Star Wars, simultaneously.

I plan to begin this weekend, if not sooner, on my rewatch of the series to date. Last time, in preparation for The Force Awakens, I watched them in release order. This time, because I wish to experience Rogue One as a companion piece and to have The Force Awakens fresh in my mind, I'm gonna go with chronological order. (I'll skip the cartoons in the interest of time.)

Lately I have been thinking that Return of the Jedi is the worst of the eight.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Lately I have been thinking that Return of the Jedi is the worst of the eight.

The worst of the eight is Attack of the Clones. Not only is it the worst Star Wars, it's one of the worst big budget movies ever made.

Quite literally nothing in that film works. Nothing. It has almost no redeeming qualities. It's a piss stain on the franchise.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

It is possible, and even common, to be a Star Wars fan and to dislike Star Wars, simultaneously.

I guess technically true but why ??

Why not be an aficionado of something you enjoy ?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Yaws posted:

The worst of the eight is Attack of the Clones. Not only is it the worst Star Wars, it's one of the worst big budget movies ever made.

Quite literally nothing in that film works. Nothing. It has almost no redeeming qualities. It's a piss stain on the franchise.

It's better than The Phantom Menace and The Force Awakens, and also about half of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's oeuvre.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

General Dog posted:

It's better than The Phantom Menace and The Force Awakens, and also about half of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's oeuvre.

It's yaws .

But anyway yes it's a fine space opera movie

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

euphronius posted:

I guess technically true but why ??

Why not be an aficionado of something you enjoy ?

You'll have to ask them. I like Star Wars a lot and don't particularly consider myself a fan.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
JORGE LUKASS PEED ON ME

whhhyyyy

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

General Dog posted:

It is most emphatically not better than TFA.

This is not a a positive appraisal of TFA either.

Attack of the Clones is worse than the Wing Commander film. It pales in comparison to it's contemporaries like the Matrix sequels. It's significantly worse than The Black Hole.

No Star Wars fans not blinded by a love for Lucas' Star Wars enjoy Attack of the Clones. Not only is it the nadir of Star Wars, it's the nadir of big budget science fiction films as a whole.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hyperbole !

Hyperbole !!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

According to my schedule, I'll have watched Attack of the Clones again no later than the 22nd. I will praise it to you at that time. Please look forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can name and shame worse movies than episode 2 if you request.