Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
WHO'S THE KINGS OF THE WEST SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Rams are gonna be A Problem for a while at the rate they're improving.

What does their cap/signing situation look like? I have to imagine they'll have some business decisions to make soon re: the defense.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

The Rams are gonna be A Problem for a while at the rate they're improving.

What does their cap/signing situation look like? I have to imagine they'll have some business decisions to make soon re: the defense.

If I remember correctly, their cap situation at the beginning of next season is outstanding, but I can't currently research that to be certain (on the road).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-rams/

Robert Quinn is probably due for a restructuring. Other than that, they're fine.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

IMO, Hawks should have lost that game but we were incredibly lucky.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Rams blew a lot of opportunities but they never got the running game going and Goff just doesn't yet look like a QB who can do it on his own. It seems a lot of credit should go to the entire Seattle defense. Frank Clark looked excellent

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Is it possible for the 49ers to just forfeit the rest of the season, and be granted the first overall pick now? It just seems so cruel to the players that keep fighting to win these close games, when we all know Hoyer will just piss away the opportunities they give him.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Peachfart posted:

IMO, Hawks should have lost that game but we were incredibly lucky.

If you're "lucky" over and over in a very specific way, that's actually called "skill, experience and training" hth

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

Is it possible for the 49ers to just forfeit the rest of the season, and be granted the first overall pick now? It just seems so cruel to the players that keep fighting to win these close games, when we all know Hoyer will just piss away the opportunities they give him.

We should just kneel for the whole game.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

I mean we make the Browns play every year so mercy is not in the cards.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I honestly hope to God Almighty that somehow the Niners end up signing either Kaep or Alex Smith back for an absurd paycheck.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I honestly hope to God Almighty that somehow the Niners end up signing either Kaep or Alex Smith back for an absurd paycheck.

por que no los dos

just no more hoyer

no mas

no

mas

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

por que no los dos

just no more hoyer

no mas

no

mas

Si, me gusta.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Chupame

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beathard is the truth

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Does C.J. Beathard actually have any NFL-caliber skills, because I'm automatically suspicious of any and all Iowa QBs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean, probably not, if I'm honest.

Here is what I've seen of him, distilled into a few minutes of video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXCU3eTZCiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smtof0_V04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieWB_yWJ_pM

He seems like a pocket passer, reasonably accurate, big guy, can scramble a little, nothing really stands out as a tremendous talent. And this of course is all against 2s and 3s and so you can't take too much from it.

He's raw and needs development and may never amount to anything, I just want to believe.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 10, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

Does C.J. Beathard actually have any NFL-caliber skills, because I'm automatically suspicious of any and all Iowa QBs.

Outside of durability, no. He's a career backup. They're going to sign Cousins/Garoppolo or draft Rosen/Jackson, and Beathard will be the guy who helps out in the QB room and listens in on the headset for the next three years.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

smith/gabbert on the cardinals

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Benne posted:

Sir, I will not have you trashing the good name of one Mr. Seneca Wallace. :colbert:

You take that back or you were never a true Seahawks fan.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Seneca Wallace was an Iowa State QB

Unless he meant any QB from the state of Iowa, which is fair

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Niners are going to draft Luke Falk after he wins the College Football National Championships and i will kill myself

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Seneca Wallace was an Iowa State QB

Unless he meant any QB from the state of Iowa, which is fair

Oh, I thought he was talking about any QB from the state of Iowa.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

The Niners are going to draft Luke Falk after he wins the College Football National Championships and i will kill myself

But then you'll get to watch Frank Clark "accidentally" attempt to decapitate him twice a year, won't that be fun?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Now that I've recovered from Canadian Thanksgiving here's what pissed me off about that Seahawks game

The play balance was poo poo. Seattle was just pinning their ears back and pass rushing the whole 2nd half. There wasn't a lot of Running room, but it was there in the first half which coincidentally was where the Rams got their only touchdown. For a game that was pretty much tied the whole way there's no excuse just to abandon the run game completely.

Goff's worst pass of the day wasn't that Earl Thomas intercept, his arm was hit there and the ball flew up, it was the screen pass he tossed to Gurley that was intercepted by Sheldon Richardson. He put it way to high for something that was pretty much a 3 yard pass.

One sequence to me that stood out to me was right before half when there was about a minute thirty left on the clock and the Rams were 2nd down and needed 15 yards to get in field goal range. Goff threw 2 straight incompletions looking for a touchdown, the Seahawks had enough time left after the punt to drive and get a field goal to tie it before half. If the Rams played for the field goal they could have gone into half-time up 13-7 instead of tied and I think it's a different game in the 2nd half.

When the Rams got the ball back with 4 minutes left down by 3 on their own 7, you got that feeling that Goff just isn't good enough to drive the length of the field against the Seahawks defense and score to win the game. He's not there yet. Frank Clark had the play of the game forcing a fumble on that drive.

Kupp should have caught that pass at the end of the game, that was an awful drop and it was a perfect pass.

Those are just my disjointed thoughts and observations. The Seahawks defense is still amazing and the good part I can take away from the game is the Rams always felt like they were in the game and not just hanging on by a thread like every game under Fisher. They need to make way less mistakes in the re-match because if they commit 5 turnovers on top of some Earl Thomas style bullshit there's no way they can win.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wazzu making the playoff or even winning the Pac-12 North :thunk:

I mean is he highly rated by scouts or is he getting the system QB stuff with other air raid prospects?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tavon outcarried Gurley in the fourth hahahaha Jeff Fisher never left

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Tavon outcarried Gurley in the fourth hahahaha Jeff Fisher never left

Still lollin' at this stat like five minutes later

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Manoueverable posted:

Wazzu making the playoff or even winning the Pac-12 North :thunk:

I mean is he highly rated by scouts or is he getting the system QB stuff with other air raid prospects?

It's gonna be #5 #4 Apple Cup this year and it's gonna own. Then you'll know true terror from your ginger overlord

DariusLikewise posted:

Now that I've recovered from Canadian Thanksgiving here's what pissed me off about that Seahawks game

The play balance was poo poo. Seattle was just pinning their ears back and pass rushing the whole 2nd half. There wasn't a lot of Running room, but it was there in the first half which coincidentally was where the Rams got their only touchdown. For a game that was pretty much tied the whole way there's no excuse just to abandon the run game completely.

Goff's worst pass of the day wasn't that Earl Thomas intercept, his arm was hit there and the ball flew up, it was the screen pass he tossed to Gurley that was intercepted by Sheldon Richardson. He put it way to high for something that was pretty much a 3 yard pass.

One sequence to me that stood out to me was right before half when there was about a minute thirty left on the clock and the Rams were 2nd down and needed 15 yards to get in field goal range. Goff threw 2 straight incompletions looking for a touchdown, the Seahawks had enough time left after the punt to drive and get a field goal to tie it before half. If the Rams played for the field goal they could have gone into half-time up 13-7 instead of tied and I think it's a different game in the 2nd half.

When the Rams got the ball back with 4 minutes left down by 3 on their own 7, you got that feeling that Goff just isn't good enough to drive the length of the field against the Seahawks defense and score to win the game. He's not there yet. Frank Clark had the play of the game forcing a fumble on that drive.

Kupp should have caught that pass at the end of the game, that was an awful drop and it was a perfect pass.

Those are just my disjointed thoughts and observations. The Seahawks defense is still amazing and the good part I can take away from the game is the Rams always felt like they were in the game and not just hanging on by a thread like every game under Fisher. They need to make way less mistakes in the re-match because if they commit 5 turnovers on top of some Earl Thomas style bullshit there's no way they can win.

I don't blame Kupp for dropping that pass he was completely out stretched and it grazed his fingers like a rocket hard catch to make

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/918940268610457600

Possibly the best LB I've ever seen play

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

im very mad online and irl

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe he'll go to a team worthy of his awesomeness :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Revenge signing with Arizona incoming...

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

You know he's going to the Pats.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
woah that's something

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
My guess is they only got late round offers for him, and didn't want to embarrass Bow :(

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://overthecap.com/player/navorro-bowman/82

About $10M in dead money unless the release included returning some part of that $14M signing bonus.

49ers will roll over to approx $100M next year as it stands, but that's a pretty expensive goodwill gesture.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coldforge posted:

You know he's going to the Pats.

I hate that this feels like an inevitability. I can't even work up the energy to worry or get mad in advance

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

awwww, man

I mean maybe it means Bowman can go win a superbowl before he retires, and he deserves it, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

if we wanted a real lb we could sign daryl washington

• Locked thread