Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

robziel posted:

GI Joe 24, he keeps the straw in his pocket.

I guess everything is wrapped up in a neat little package!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

prefect posted:

How safe is a helmet that's lined with plastic explosives?

C4 is a stable explosive, so safer than you'd think! :eng101:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I really appreciate the workmanship that he not only has a tiny hatch for his straw, but also a second one to show people his high-explosive helmet padding. This means that at the design stage someone must have said 'Ok hold up, no one is just going to believe that we packed the helmet with explosives, we had better include a little sliding door so we can show it off'.

I wonder if he keeps several straws, or if he's forced to go and rinse the one out so he doesn't get stale coffee in his smoothies.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

purple death ray posted:

Going by the costumes I think this is probably a flashback scene.

E. Not that that makes it make sense that she looks older here but Babs age has been very flexible since the beginning of the new 52 and nobody was sure what was canon or how long she had been paralyzed or whatever. It's completely dependent on the artist at this point.

Yeah, the current arc is a Batgirl/Nightwing team-up with flashbacks to a previous case that Batgirl and Robin worked on back in the day.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ashcans posted:

I really appreciate the workmanship that he not only has a tiny hatch for his straw, but also a second one to show people his high-explosive helmet padding. This means that at the design stage someone must have said 'Ok hold up, no one is just going to believe that we packed the helmet with explosives, we had better include a little sliding door so we can show it off'.

I wonder if he keeps several straws, or if he's forced to go and rinse the one out so he doesn't get stale coffee in his smoothies.

Straws are cheap, I'd keep a whole packet in my pocket if I were him.

WLMortis
Sep 28, 2001
Nebulosis Defunctus
Slippery Tilde

Push El Burrito posted:

I guess everything is wrapped up in a neat little package!

All this tells me is if a member of GI Joe was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice they could get rid of Cobra Commander really, really easily. Just push a few wrong buttons on his helmet lock, wherever that is.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Plastic's pretty stable, he's fine unless something happens that would kill him anyway.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WLMortis posted:

All this tells me is if a member of GI Joe was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice they could get rid of Cobra Commander really, really easily. Just push a few wrong buttons on his helmet lock, wherever that is.

He's sitting in a chair in a room with at least two of the gi Joe guys I think they could probably just shoot him if they were only trying to kill him

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ashcans posted:

Once you're on your third or so "Cobra Commander" you learn to anticipate these things.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

A Strange Aeon posted:

Cobra Commander,
he's my chum,
I trust him like
I trust my gun!
Ah yes, the highest ranks of Cobra leadership gathered togehter: Cobra Commander, Destro, The Baroness, Major Bludd, some guy in a labcoat who is not Dr. Mindbender, and random Cobra trooper.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Knormal posted:

Ah yes, the highest ranks of Cobra leadership gathered togehter: Cobra Commander, Destro, The Baroness, Major Bludd, some guy in a labcoat who is not Dr. Mindbender, and random Cobra trooper.

dont forget that bitching candelabra

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why does Major Bludd have four dog tags?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

purple death ray posted:

He's sitting in a chair in a room with at least two of the gi Joe guys I think they could probably just shoot him if they were only trying to kill him

They are just trying to get him to give them free cold slither tickets

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

poly and open-minded posted:

dont forget that bitching candelabra

god drat that is a fine candelabra

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rhyno posted:

Trophies from people he killed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Knormal posted:

random Cobra trooper.

He won a sales contest

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Knormal posted:

That's Dr Venom, the Cobra mad scientist before Mindbender. He's an rear end in a top hat.

Interesting fact about him is that he was a comics exclusive character (Destro was the Cobra mad scientist before Mindbender in the cartoon) who only got a toy in 2010 for the GI Joe Collector's Club. The heads used for that figure are surplus Liu Kangs from the 1994 Mortal Kombat toyline. Judge for yourself:

Also, the random Cobra trooper might be Scar-Face. He was a semi-notable character early on in the comic.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 11, 2017

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Johnny Aztec posted:

god drat that is a fine candelabra

Dinner late at night
Evil taking bites
Candela-bra (Candela-bra!)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

One for the body, one for the family, one deletes browser history and one publishes his unreleased poems.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

One day one of those CW shows is going to try to do Booster Gold, and they are just going to gently caress it up, and I'll be sad.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Speaking of Dr. Mindbender

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mulva posted:

One day one of those CW shows is going to try to do Booster Gold, and they are just going to gently caress it up, and I'll be sad.

I think you'll survive a silly comic character being adapted for a silly comic show.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I think you'll survive a silly comic character being adapted for a silly comic show.

You won't

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mulva posted:

Smallville already did. And it was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I got an idea, let's do a Booster Gold series but instead of being a glory seeker trying to become famous, he's a cynical genius who helps the police solve crimes in a case-of-the-week format.

Also Skeets is the criminal mastermind from Booster's mysterious past who he has never quite been able to catch.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mulva posted:

No, if it's the CW Booster will be just right, but the effects budget will make his powers/ Skeets look awful.

WLMortis
Sep 28, 2001
Nebulosis Defunctus
Slippery Tilde

purple death ray posted:

His entire uniform is in fact lined with explosives set to go off if anyone shoots him. Checkmate, GI Joe!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gwenpool #21

Trapster finally does what he should have done years ago.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

davidspackage posted:

Dinner late at night
Evil taking bites

This is beautiful thank you.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SilverSupernova posted:

Gwenpool #21

Paste-Pot Pete...what's it like to rob an armored car?

It's like... it's like a basketball game

I am there and the guards are there

and I glue their feet to the ground

and I am the winner

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

Paste-Pot Pete...what's it like to rob an armored car?

It's like... it's like a basketball game

I am there and the guards are there

and I glue their feet to the ground

and I am the winner

Nice.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mulva posted:

Pretty much nothing is going to top that Booster Gold episode in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon anyway.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Pretty much nothing is going to top that Booster Gold episode in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon anyway.

I thought that was Green Lantern? :confused:

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Evil Mastermind posted:

I thought that was Green Lantern? :confused:

Elongated Man was the true hero. Stretched in the right place, at the right time!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SilverSupernova posted:

Gwenpool #21

HA! This is seriously awesome! Putting PPP in on the joke, having him use it to his advantage is GENIUS! If he leans into it what can Spider-Man do? "Hey PASTE POT PETE!" "Yyyyyes! It is I: PASTE POT PETE!!" "Uh...I uh..." *GLUED!!*

I love Paste Pot Pete :allears:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I would like to also add that I appreciate them finding a way to reboot an old school villain without going super grimdark for this one; he stole a bank truck without killing anyone! :allears:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Keeshhound posted:

I would like to also add that I appreciate them finding a way to reboot an old school villain without going super grimdark for this one; he stole a bank truck without killing anyone! :allears:

It's a real shame what Gwenpool did to him immediately after that, then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know who has zero sense of humor about glue? Baron Zemo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

You know who has zero sense of humor about glue? Baron Zemo.

:newlol: