Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
It feels like :dice:'s goal with BF1 tanks is to ensure that there is literally no way for one person to take out a tank alone, aside from poo poo like mines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Blowing up snipers with AT rockets is the easiest way to get the 5 kills in a round, or 15...

I have yet to find a single game where a sniper is useful for the team. In BC2 a wookie was only good with a shotgun/garand and wizballs, shame that they always ended in the edge of a map doing poo poo.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ I mean you can do this with your choice of infantry rifle and flares now which is pretty fun if you're good at gunplay. also HECK I miss the garand

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It feels like :dice:'s goal with BF1 tanks is to ensure that there is literally no way for one person to take out a tank alone, aside from poo poo like mines.

I'm pretty satisfied with this goal, if only because there's now 32 one persons playing against any given tank. In BC2 when it was 12 on 12... absolutely give me C4 suicide.

But again, just... make the tanks tougher? Going after alternative playstyles is like taking away the only thing that actually sets Battlefield apart from Other First Person Shooters :(

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 10, 2017

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So uh next expansion is December and dice is adding something called operations campaign which is basically multiple operations together.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That sounds like it could be fun except I'm already having trouble finding a server with enough people to play the new Russian maps.

Edit: I'm dumb. I saw "campaign" and immediately thought of those. Haven't had trouble finding operations servers

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BF1 players on the XBL Island of Misfit Toys feel free to add me so we can limpet everything and dunk on snipers with rocket guns please add "spaceecho" thank you.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

So uh next expansion is December and dice is adding something called operations campaign which is basically multiple operations together.

For when u got 7 hours to play BF1 with the same people

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ol Standard Retard posted:

For when u got 7 hours to play BF1 with the same people

Sounds like we just need more dedicated goon romping nights.

For serious though apparently it's like a long assignment and you can earn bonuses multiple times during the campaign flavor of the week/month. So they might be rotating the campaign itself.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That sounds nice.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Sniper rifles and all those who use them can go to hell. Now sniping with artillery trucks on the other hand...

https://i.imgur.com/I9kwY8i.gifv

I believe we call this a "blaze of glory"

https://i.imgur.com/vQseamd.gifv

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Sniper rifles and all those who use them can go to hell. Now sniping with artillery trucks on the other hand...

Glorious. This is why we do what we do *touches fingertips to screen*.

edit: lol the plane crash.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've been online every evening since two weeks nonstop. Of course I'm european and seems that EU goons don't play.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

THERE'S A SNIPER SCOPE FOR THE ARTY TRUCK?!?!?!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

red19fire posted:

THERE'S A SNIPER SCOPE FOR THE ARTY TRUCK?!?!?!

what do you mean isn't that the default?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

what do you mean isn't that the default?

Yes, yes it is.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Lol, Red have you just been not hitting Aim while arty trucking for... however many hours?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I've just been using the iron sights for artillery sniping. wait, DOES THIS MEAN THERES A SCOPE FOR TANKS?!?!?!?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Way back from the beta, but still the proudest tank moment of the game for me so far

https://giant.gfycat.com/NeighboringWideeyedGecko.webm

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

red19fire posted:

I've just been using the iron sights for artillery sniping. wait, DOES THIS MEAN THERES A SCOPE FOR TANKS?!?!?!?

Not for tanks, but the attack plane has the same scope. Very handy for the tankhunter.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is there any magic strat to get the "destroy 2 planes with LMG's" other than spend days shooting 24/7 hoping that you don't get knifed in the process? Is by far the worst I've tried considering that I just do chip damage and they fly away after like I do 10hp or so.

VVVV :suicide:

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 11, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Is there any magic strat to get the "destroy 2 planes with LMG's" other than spend days shooting 24/7 hoping that you don't get knifed in the process? Is by far the worst I've tried considering that I just do chip damage and they fly away after like I do 10hp or so.

play nothing but monte grappa

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Guillermus posted:

Use the mg15 suppressive and shoot at planes that are already being hit by something. Even team up with a buddy on AA. I managed to get the two planes destroyed on one round of monte grappa.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

lambskin posted:

Not for tanks, but the attack plane has the same scope. Very handy for the tankhunter.

WHAT THE gently caress HAVE I BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME

Guillermus posted:

You can get 44 damage if you're lucky enough to find somebody flying too low, right past you. The best route is to just try to steal kills from AA gunners though.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 11, 2017

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Guillermus posted:

Unlock the perino, pick AA sights, go to montegrappa

e:
tank kills with all of the arc and hang time are just the best

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 11, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

e.pilot posted:

Unlock the perino, pick AA sights, go to montegrappa

e:
tank kills with all of the arc and hang time are just the best

Hell yeah. basically this is another thing that sets the BF series apart from boring dumb shooters, like, really well-modeled ballistics make for hilarious kills, yet another reason to love the rocket gun.

I'm so used to the rocket gun drop that I really struggle with sniping fundamentally now haha

also can recommend the new uh, Parabellum? MG for planeshoots.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

red19fire posted:

:monocle: You aren’t the only one who never realized arty had scope. Going to try to grab all the arty trucks next time I play.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Permit me 5 minutes of your time to scope probably my best single life ever lived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8CgeBGdnvw

1. Stop a back cap
2. Impalement lol
3. Blow up AA gun
4. James Bond poo poo

annnnd we turn the tides because somehow three or four dudes are distracted looking for me.

Guillermus you missed this by one round :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Permit me 5 minutes of your time to scope probably my best single life ever lived:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8CgeBGdnvw

1. Stop a back cap
2. Impalement lol
3. Blow up AA gun
4. James Bond poo poo

annnnd we turn the tides because somehow three or four dudes are distracted looking for me.

Guillermus you missed this by one round :(

God drat! I'm playing right now. I had to left because wife was hungry. We had some fun rounds despite having an awful team filled with snipers but hey. I'll be almost every evening online.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
What really sucks about campers in this game is that between flares, iron sights, and a good pistol a scout can do some real work on the front line but they still just camp back with 10x scopes doing nothing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's a common issue in BF games. They get nice tools and they get to waste by retards lying in the edge of the map getting a few kills per rounds.

In BF1 they even get rifles that kill in one hit at medium distances, the mars pistol, flares and K bullets. gently caress mentally disabled players with high powered scopes. I rather get killed another 20 times by the Hellriegel than once by an useless sniper.

/rant

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Guillermus posted:

That's a common issue in BF games. They get nice tools and they get to waste by retards lying in the edge of the map getting a few kills per rounds.

In BF1 they even get rifles that kill in one hit at medium distances, the mars pistol, flares and K bullets. gently caress mentally disabled players with high powered scopes. I rather get killed another 20 times by the Hellriegel than once by an useless sniper.

/rant

iron sight SMLE or martini henry, Periscope, and spot flare life :discourse:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
October patch highlights:

Tripwire mines getting a buff so you can now get "assist counts as kill" results

Operations coming to server browser (and better matchmaking, allegedly)

40 man operations getting killed to consolidate the population

Operation campaigns coming, starting with the two Russian ops which will make one mega-campaign with a codex and battlepack reward.

Service assignment tweaks so the smoke grenade will now trigger when the medic spots a player, the syringe will give the speed boost to the healed (it's hosed right now apparently) and some other bits I can't remember.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Just line it up...

https://i.imgur.com/cTO8wfJ.gifv

Suck it snipers :smug:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Parkingtigers posted:

Tripwire mines getting a buff so you can now get "assist counts as kill" results

Operation campaigns coming, starting with the two Russian ops which will make one mega-campaign with a codex and battlepack reward.

Service assignment tweaks so the smoke grenade will now trigger when the medic spots a player, the syringe will give the speed boost to the healed (it's hosed right now apparently) and some other bits I can't remember.

Wonder if they'll fix "can't join friends from the dashboard most of the time" I haven't bothered to google if the rest of the PS4 community is angry about this.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Played last night for the first time in a while. Finally unlocked the Parabellum and it is sweet.

I also discovered a new game mode while browsing around the menus: Supply Drop. I played three rounds and they kept dropping near my team's spawn. We crushed them 2 out of the 3 rounds I played. It was super fun but I'm not sure I'd be saying this if I had ended up on the other team. It was pretty cool though to have spontaneous "control points" to rush to and defend or assault. I think it's 12 v 12.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Supply drop is good on some maps. On Volga River, because there's constantly a high ground, the team on the low ground tends to lose horribly.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Did the light machine guns get their damage buff this patch?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

:negative: Just in time after spending hours setting up a trip mine, and shoot a mans in the leg with a pistol hoping he'll blunder into it. All to unlock some dumb bullshit perk. :dice:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

red19fire posted:

:negative: Just in time after spending hours setting up a trip mine, and shoot a mans in the leg with a pistol hoping he'll blunder into it. All to unlock some dumb bullshit perk. :dice:

I mean, you don't have to!

if it's bullshit why worry about it?

I am aware the answer is that videogame players aka "gamers" are obsessive completionist weirdos and you dudes can't help yourselves redfire this is not specifically addressed to you in spite of quoting you because you're cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Did the light machine guns get their damage buff this patch?

I hope so because I'm the only loving one shooting down planes in monte grappa and I've been trying that poo poo for three days straight. Planes outrepair me wich is retarded.