Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Are most of the quartz from log-ins or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Logins, completing weekly missions, and story / interlude missions.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I don't remember the exact breakdown, but log-ins, master missions, story quests, free quests, interludes, bond rewards, event rewards, shop tickets. It all adds up.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You have your weekly drip-feed (4 from weekly login, 2 from weekly later missions), bonus quartz for total logins (up to 100 then every 50 after), first-time quest clear drops, and then whatever they give out for panels/anniversaries/maintenance/etc.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I've easily done around two hundred rolls and never seen a 5-star servant aside from the one I rerolled for.

I know what to expect from this game.

Yeah, I rerolled for a 5* I wanted to start with and have contented myself with putting it all in for one more. Hopefully I get her, but otherwise it's Welfare all the way down.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Berserker dailies have been surprisingly kind. Between now and last week I got 3 claws for Herc, which is all I'll need when also combined with the Reverse Dragon Scales from Halloween.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Breaking it down: Since NA came out it looks like roughly half my quartz/tickets came from events and campaigns, a third from logins/weeklies/the mp shop, and the rest from quests and bond. That includes the ridiculously generous launch events, though, so it's probably not going to stay at that ratio.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess I'll have to run Rider dungeons for Pieces and Monuments for AB&MR, so hopefully I can get a single Dragon Scale to drop during my farming, cause then I'll be able to ascend Saber Alter come, uh, Sunday? That's when Saber Dailies are, yeah?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Didn't they give out 30 quartz for New Years last year? FGO has always been generous about giving out random quartz. They make up for it with the most soul crushing gacha rates on the market.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've come to realize that I've actually been pretty spoiled with Saber Alter in NA. I've been farming Hands in JP and I'm finding that some 5*s with AOE NPs can't just obliterate a wave of Hands they deal Neutral damage to with just their own NPs and buffs.

Really makes me appreciate my Saber Alter in NA all the more.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Alters are the superior versions. It is known.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like a level 90 Gilgamesh couldn't wipe out a neutral wave by himself, but my level 70 Saber Alter can.

Granted she has a Buster Boost and higher NP rates while he doesn't.

But that's the point, I guess.

Her NP damage is insanely good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have a level 50 marie now, because what else am I going to do with rider exp.

Useful for tanking the berserker daily along with proto Cu.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My Drake's NP seems great for star generation but deals really lovely damage. Is that a fair assessment or am I missing something?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

np5 is way better than np1, and as such the np damage of a lot of 5*s lags behind the np damage of a lot of 1-3*s. It's part of the reason a lot of welfares are good, they have 4* stats and NP5.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

U-DO Burger posted:

My Drake's NP seems great for star generation but deals really lovely damage. Is that a fair assessment or am I missing something?

What level do you have her? She's reverse S so she tends to get a bunch of her stats late and until you get her interlude to bring her np up to 400% damage it's probably gonna feel a tad anemic

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno if Wriggle is a goon but if so thank you for your wonderful Lancelot.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sometimes I wistfully think back to the Saber dailies from 3 days ago, where my Robin hit 255,000 with Yew Bow, and smile.

NP5 3* are pretty OK.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Feels good having Waver so I can finally make use of all these Kaleidoscope Lancelots.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
drat it, I was hoping there would be horseshoes.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Robviously posted:

I have no quartz, and I must reroll...

FTFY after I spend all my quartz on Drake with nothing to show for

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Reminder: If you need Forbidden Pages, do Blackbeard's interlude, you get TEN of them as guaranteed drops.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Reminder: If you need Forbidden Pages, do Blackbeard's interlude, you get TEN of them as guaranteed drops.

Those ten pages were the true treasures of Okeanos.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Nope it's the level with a 50% Fang drop chance.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pierson posted:

Nope it's the level with a 50% Fang drop chance.

Wait there's a what now?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Confusingly it's not as satisfying as it sounds. You've still got about a 60% chance each run of getting zero fangs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hate-Senpai posted:

Wait there's a what now?

Wyvern Island, as one might guess from the name, has lots of wyverns to kill for Fangs.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
He's talking about Wyvern Island, the Isle of Wyverns, where dwell Wyverns, who drop what Wyverns drop.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

so what is the secret to doing marie's second quest

she is using beautiful princess every turn and then she wipes me with her beautiful pony

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

so what is the secret to doing marie's second quest

she is using beautiful princess every turn and then she wipes me with her beautiful pony
invuln pierce: drake
skill seal: mata hari, benkei, caligula, david
np seal: caligula
buff removal: benkei, martha, medea

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Memories of the lunar ses.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

buff removal: benkei, martha, medea

Martha doesn't remove buffs on NA yet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Endorph is saying that Martha deals so much damage that she can remove the buff known as life.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cant keep track of what is and isnt on na

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Does Rule Breaker work on Invincibility? Of course bring a Caster to a Rider fight is a bit eh but it could be helpful nonetheless if someone like George protects Medea.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

well, i don't have drake, and the others are all really low level and I don't have mats to ascend them! rip for now, marie quest.

i do have medea but RURU BUREAKA only works if marie doesn't sneeze at her!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Does Rule Breaker work on Invincibility? Of course bring a Caster to a Rider fight is a bit eh but it could be helpful nonetheless if someone like George protects Medea.
medea's np deals its damage, then removes buffs. so she won't deal any damage through the invincibility, but she will remove it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

well, i don't have drake, and the others are all really low level and I don't have mats to ascend them! rip for now, marie quest.

i do have medea but RURU BUREAKA only works if marie doesn't sneeze at her!
george, leonidas, mash, the default mystic code's evade skill. caligula and david's skill seals are on their np, benkei's is on his first skill. if you have a decent assassin, some starting NP CEs, and a support waver yo can just have the level 1 idiots cycle in to do their stuff then die

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marie is the third in a wave, right?

Maybe you can borrow a friend's Berserker (like Herc or Kintoki) and then bring a Berserker of your own and then burst her down in a single turn with back-to-back NPs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking up the interlude on the wikia, my gameplan would probably be Robin/Herc with a support Waver, Arts-boosting CE on Robin and NP-boosting on Herc. Substitute Lu Bu for Herc if you don't have him. Spend the first two rounds building up everyone's NP, then unload a full three or two NPs in a chain on Marie before she gets a move.