Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
God drat it Bryan got me excited for Wrestling at the Chase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

algebra testes posted:

Oh man that BVC was great :allears:

I completely forgot about Mankind showing up to try and dig through the cement and find Vince's keys :)

Vinny was completely right - everybody else in the company figured that being edgy and extreme was the way to go, and Foley figured out (belatedly perhaps) that he could just be a goofy, loveable doofus and get even more over than he ever had with his crazy bumps.

To be fair, he still took some crazy shots after that too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"We have an ongoing feud that will be resolved on sunday" cracked me up too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave Meltzer was on Jericho's podcast last week talking about Brian Pillman. It's a good listen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

Dave Meltzer was on Jericho's podcast last week talking about Brian Pillman. It's a good listen.

Yeah, it's rehashing a lot of stuff I've heard before but it's always neat to hear them again, and Meltzer gets so enthused talking about it.

"He'd call Lou Thesz and tell him he was lying about 1931!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it's rehashing a lot of stuff I've heard before but it's always neat to hear them again, and Meltzer gets so enthused talking about it.

"He'd call Lou Thesz and tell him he was lying about 1931!"

It was kind of weird when Dave of all people didn't remember the timeline.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave knew Pillman was trying to expose he was a robot built for a carny sideshow back in 1898, so he threw him off the trail by pretending he didn't know what happened in '31.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

algebra testes posted:

This is wrong because they said Brad Dourif was best known for Chuckie. Brad loving Dourif.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I've always associated him with the Chuckey franchise, what other notable thing has he done?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Incessant Excess posted:

I've always associated him with the Chuckey franchise, what other notable thing has he done?

Only thing I can name off the top of my head is Wormtongue in the LotR movies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

This is wrong because they said Brad Dourif was best known for Chuckie. Brad loving Dourif.

LOTR and also DUNE

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000374/

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Deadwood, one of the best episode of The X-Files, Mississippi Burning, and yeah LOTR

edit: also yeah Dune

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vj6te

Lid fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 12, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That's great but he's definitely best known for Chuckie

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

algebra testes posted:

I seriously might learn how to make kinetic typography videos just so I can make something for the Kendall Windham vs Dale Torborg recap. Holy gently caress I was dying throughout the entire thing.

"He was trying so hard to have a minus four star match instead of a minus five star match."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

Only thing I can name off the top of my head is Wormtongue in the LotR movies.

isn't Grima only in Two Towers for like half of a plot beat.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

exploded mummy posted:

isn't Grima only in Two Towers for like half of a plot beat.

I don’t have the twenty hours to spare watching it but I wouldn’t be surprised if he showed up more in one of the super long editions of the movies

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That's great but he's definitely best known for Chuckie

u h no. DUNE. DUNE > Chuckie

E:

oh hey Rip Rogers has a podcast now if you wanna listen 60 minutes of him calling indie guys cocksuckers.

https://twitter.com/Hustler2754/status/918064074251960320

coconono fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 12, 2017

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dave is wrong about Jimmy Jacobs. Many companies would fire employees for doing what he did.

If Dave was in a lawsuit with Wade, and Craig was all over social media about how Wade was his friend, Dave wouldn't consider firing Craig? Come on.

Vince is absolutely a loving maniac, no doubt. Unquestionably. But Dave is wrong here.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I don’t have the twenty hours to spare watching it but I wouldn’t be surprised if he showed up more in one of the super long editions of the movies

Iirc the fellowship goes to Rohan, Grima up is revealed as a traitor, gets exiled, shows up at one other battle.in the film he dies at some point, though In the original ROTK he shows up in book 6 in the return to the Shire, but that portion never made it to film because of the adaptation resequencing stuff

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mkay0 posted:

Dave is wrong about Jimmy Jacobs. Many companies would fire employees for doing what he did.

If Dave was in a lawsuit with Wade, and Craig was all over social media about how Wade was his friend, Dave wouldn't consider firing Craig? Come on.

Vince is absolutely a loving maniac, no doubt. Unquestionably. But Dave is wrong here.

I'm all for firing Craig so let's make this happen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

mkay0 posted:

This isn't me doing schtick or trolling.

Trust me the photo wasn't the sole reason Jimmy was fired there other major reasons why Jimmy was fired no matter what Dave or his sources the Young Bucks are saying.

Long-term/when the full story comes out Meltzer will look like a Bucks fanboy on this story especially when it comes to his initial reporting of it.

For now just look at the pro-Bucks nonsense he blindly reports

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/918375971501363200

https://twitter.com/HardysArchitect/status/918472581711323136

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

rovert posted:

This isn't me doing schtick or trolling.

Trust me the photo wasn't the sole reason Jimmy was fired there other major reasons why Jimmy was fired no matter what Dave or his sources the Young Bucks are saying.

Long-term/when the full story comes out Meltzer will look like a Bucks fanboy on this story especially when it comes to his initial reporting of it.

For now just look at the pro-Bucks nonsense he blindly reports

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/918375971501363200

https://twitter.com/HardysArchitect/status/918472581711323136

gently caress off. Literally the very first thing Dave says in the radio show is "I know there's more to this story, but I don't know what the more is." Bryan later says "So this was the straw that broke the camel's back" and Dave says '...Some people are saying it was solely this, and others are saying it was mostly this.'

You go so far out of your way to try and find flaws and nitpick his poo poo. Then when you finally find a decent point, like him not taking the effort to fact check their popularity as created wrestlers in a video game, nobody cares because you coat this little factual nugget in your typical anti-Dave garbage.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 12, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

gently caress off. Literally the very first thing Dave says in the radio show is "I know there's more to this story, but I don't know what the more is." Bryan later says "So this was the straw that broke the camel's back" and Dave says '...Some people are saying it was solely this, and others are saying it was mostly this.'

You go so far out of your way to try and find flaws and nitpick his poo poo. That when you finally find a decent point, like him not taking the effort to fact check their popularity as created wrestlers in a video game, nobody cares because you coat this little factual nugget in your typical anti-Dave garbage.

His initial report. Check out the headline:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/918342864454561792

Anyway like I said:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/918490935843020800

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The pro-Bucks media. :laffo:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

The pro-Bucks media. :laffo:

Was done for humour.

But Meltzer is incredibly biased towards the Bucks I don't think there's a real argument that he isn't.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
rovert is rovert but seriously lmao if you don't think the YB's are one of dave's big sources

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

rovert posted:

Was done for humour.

Mission accomplished!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i refuse to listen to the MSM (main stream meltzer)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
when you think about it, isn't all wrestling news technically fake news? :thunk:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe all this FAKE NEWS from Lying Dave Meltzer!!! :sad:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Can't believe all this FAKE NEWS from Lying Dave Meltzer!!! :sad:

Read the recap of the Cornette incident in the Observer and draw your own conclusions.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Meltzer lied, Rovert cried

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Meltzer lied, Rovert cried

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/918495253996494848

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
edit: Nevermind, I'm just going to block Rovert and move on with my life.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 12, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

Dave Meltzer in 1942 "The U.S. has decided to enter WW2 following the attack on Pearl Harbor."

Rovert in 1942 "Dave Meltzer and his pro-Hawaiian media would like you to believe that Pearl Harbor is the sole reason that the U.S. decided to enter the war."

So basically what you're saying is that you'd somehow be placated if Dave had included the line "I've heard that there may be other reasons but I can't confirm."

Nobody buys that.

I would. As at least it would be closer to the truth and not so beholden to promoting the Bucks.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

PaybackJack posted:

Dave Meltzer in 1942 "The U.S. has decided to enter WW2 following the attack on Pearl Harbor."

Well, yknow, *email alert goes off* I've heard some people *shuffles papers* say that *fire alarm chirps* but, it could be more than that *COUGH HACK* *Telephone rings*

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rovert always makes good points but they get lost in the sea of autofellatio that surrounds everything he does

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
rovert knew about pearl harbor two weeks before the deadly attack

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

These is absolutely zero chance this is true, and if it were, it would be the biggest story of the year, not a two line throwaway in the Observer.

I think the biggest question for me is if Dave is getting worked by Omega/The Bucks, or it is he in on it?

Between this, and Omega's obviously bullshit 'will he/won't he re-sign with NJPW' earlier this year, Dave has been posting some wacky stuff on The Elite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

mkay0 posted:

These is absolutely zero chance this is true, and if it were, it would be the biggest story of the year, not a two line throwaway in the Observer.

I think the biggest question for me is if Dave is getting worked by Omega/The Bucks, or it is he in on it?

Between this, and Omega's obviously bullshit 'will he/won't he re-sign with NJPW' earlier this year, Dave has been posting some wacky stuff on The Elite.

Would include Ricochet advocacy in this too.

All of them are obviously really good wrestlers and he's completely entitled to like them but he really does run to their defence at every opportunity in the newsletter, on audio, on the forum and on social media.

And he only gave Usos/New Day at Hell In A Cell **** smdh.

• Locked thread