Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Waffleman_ posted:

Oda please sell an official Doskoi Panda shirt.

And apron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Rank the straw hats by fashion sense. There are correct answers.

I don't know about the others but luffy is dead last.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The latest omnibus is now post-timeskip; it is also star to one of my all-time favourite pages with the best Straw Hat:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The latest omnibus is now post-timeskip; it is also star to one of my all-time favourite pages with the best Straw Hat:

This is especially great because it features a guy without Haki easily defeating a logia, in a way that makes perfect sense.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Love that page.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Well it's not thursday yet so it should be kosher to drop this in response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UViy8W0qhAo

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I will never, ever get used to Franky's english voice. It's just so... not Franky.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

brainSnakes posted:

To the guy who was complaining about everyone rear end pulling ridiculous theories in the hopes of being validated later on:

That's actually the reason I avoided saying poo poo about Pudding back in the great Pudding debate of '65 pages ago! But we're far enough along I feel a bit more confident in my personal little prediction here. Normally I do just keep this poo poo to myself, but this arc really is a wild ride. If i'm invested enough in it to change my avatar, i'm gonna make a post about it.

I'm putting 1,000 beli down on Pudding getting a tragic rear end backstory flashback soon that ties her into the Charlotte and Lola drama, somehow. It's gonna be Senior Pink levels of sad and prove just how hosed up and awful Big Mom's tyrannical family angle at pirating really is.

I'm still fairly sure her name is pudding because she's made of pudding and she's going to bake herself into the wedding cake.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I will never, ever get used to Franky's english voice. It's just so... not Franky.

Yeah, he sounded way more like you'd expect Franky to way back in the one game that got got localized when Funi first got the license. Idk, must be a direction thing.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

oddium posted:

dapper brook < whatever < soul king brook

Right answer.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Patrick Seitz rules but Franky was literally designed to give Kazuki Yao a full time job on the show so he kind of can't sound good voiced by anyone else.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
[quote="“Ryaomon”" post="“477266270”"]
Patrick Seitz rules but Franky was literally designed to give Kazuki Yao a full time job on the show so he kind of can’t sound good voiced by anyone else.
[/quote]

Kind of a bummer how that ended up working out. :(

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think Dub Franky sounds good but that's probably cause I've liked him since Unlimited Adventure and acknowledge that he's doing his own take on the character rather than even attempting to do anything like the untouchable Kazuki Yao. (Not to imply that anyone who dislikes him just does so because they don't accept that, there are acceptable reasons to dislike any dub voice that isn't Domon Kasshu.) That said I have seen very little of the dub outside of Film Gold recently so if he's changed since the early stuff I am unaware.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Caribou sounds a bit too normal as well.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The majority of the dub cast are pretty great but unfortunately the originals incredible voice cast is its strongest element. I can still hear Tanaka's excited gasp when I see Luffy in the manga. Nami, Chopper, Usopp, and Brook are as good as the originals though.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 11, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
english nami still made me cry a little in arlong park

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I looked up a clip of English Jet Gatling against Lucci and Luffy's VA's scream there might honestly be stronger

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Arist posted:

I looked up a clip of English Jet Gatling against Lucci and Luffy's VA's scream there might honestly be stronger
holy poo poo, you arent kidding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYWBMLYRp1A

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
can we please take a moment to remember blackbeard's english va? rip :(

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
Is this a break week? I know it's 3 on 1 off, but I don't remember release dates

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

A MEGA EXPLODING posted:

Is this a break week? I know it's 3 on 1 off, but I don't remember release dates

It is :smith:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yes nothing until next friday

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
yay :smith: Time to go back and read Thriller Bark or Fishman Island again I guess

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

My throat hurts listening to this

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

But where does the drunk octopus fit in

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

buck strickland

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Kild posted:

buck strickland

Now Bobby, if I'm losing, you run in with these energy steroids yelling "My daddy's having a flashback! My daddy's having a flashback!".

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Lucky.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Sub Harrison posted:

Now Bobby, if I'm losing, you run in with these energy steroids yelling "My daddy's having a flashback! My daddy's having a flashback!".

Jesus Christ

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

i love Dalezeo, this is amazing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

To start off our week of "post your favourite panels" I saw this one when rereading my Fishman Island volumes last night.

"Decks of the New World Vol. 15 Rogue Town

It's the sword seller Zoro bought his swords from all the way back before the Grand Line and I love it so much :allears:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

To start off our week of "post your favourite panels" I saw this one when rereading my Fishman Island volumes last night.

"Decks of the New World Vol. 15 Rogue Town

It's the sword seller Zoro bought his swords from all the way back before the Grand Line and I love it so much :allears:

why is Zoro's picture in his bathroom?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

whys it above his bathtub?

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You know why.

Kild posted:

whys it above his bathtub?

You know why.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Genuinely might be the best cover page we've got

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
That's no picture; that's Zoro staring intently in the window wondering how he got there after getting lost going to the bathroom on the Sunny.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

EmmyOk posted:

I do like it. I think the last time we saw him, he was getting chewed out by his wife for giving away merchandise over some "pride of a craftsman" bullshit.

Now the guy he recognized has become an amazing, infamous swordsman, and he's totally rubbing her nose in it. It's an honest depiction of married life.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I didn't pay it enough attention at the time, but the look on his face and the look and his wife's face... yeah, that's a pretty incredible cover page.

I still like Enel's adventures on the moon best- the whole structure of Enel sees a thing/Enel blows said thing up is fantastic- but in terms of individual pages that one's hard to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Zoro bathroom is very good, but the actual best cover page is always gonna be