Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Alternate shoulders and a hooded head:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The best/worst modern example of this is still skitarii. Squad of 10 can take 3 special weapons. Therefore, in a box of 10 models...one of each special weapon.

chutche2 posted:

Scions too, 2 for 5 and 4 for 10, you get 1 per 5 in the box.

Genestealer Cult neophytes and acolytes too. 1 of each special weapon in the box.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

GW have always been lovely for not putting all the special weapon options in boxes. Cadians get Flamers and Grenade Launchers with no Plasma or Melta. Hell, until the recent(ish) recuts, Tac Squads only had Flamers and not the others. At least with Scions and Skittari you get all the options, just not enough of them.

I guess the idea is that you'll get several squads and then swap the bits around but GW still doesn't realise there's usually a 'best' option like giving all of them plasmas.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
If I want to take a Sonic Dreadnought in a CSM list, does that count as an Elite or do I have to take an Auxilliary Detachment and field it that way?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The lack of special weapons is annoying but vaguely understandable as they are optional squad additions. But each plague marine can either have a bolt gun or 2x knives base, to be shooty or choppy.

This is more like if a box of 11 boyz only came with 4 choppas and 8 shootas.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

glitchkrieg posted:

If I want to take a Sonic Dreadnought in a CSM list, does that count as an Elite or do I have to take an Auxilliary Detachment and field it that way?

Where is it from?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Thats the core of my bigbois painted up then, feels good.

Now for support characters, the redemptor, reivers, terminators and a bunch of tanks.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

glitchkrieg posted:

Sonic Dreadnoughts are just Helbrutes now with different weapons. They covered this in the Forgeworld Chaos Index FAQ:

Games Workshop posted:

Q: There is no datasheet for an Emperor’s Children Sonic
Dreadnought – is there a datasheet I should use for this model?

A: Use the Helbrute datasheet on page 33 of Index:
Chaos. It must replace its <Mark of Chaos> keyword
with Slaanesh, it must replace its <Legion> keyword
with Emperor’s Children, and it has two additional
wargear options; it may take a doom siren, and it may
replace its multi-melta with two blastmasters.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Starting to get back into 8th and dug out my cacharadons army, for chapter rules how much push back do you think I would get if i tried to use the black templars re-roll charges rules with them?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Zasze posted:

Starting to get back into 8th and dug out my cacharadons army, for chapter rules how much push back do you think I would get if i tried to use the black templars re-roll charges rules with them?

None until they get their own rules and as long as you follow the other Black Templar rules.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
None at all besides the groggiest of neckbeards, they don't have anything right now and it's unlikely FW's gonna release an update for them anytime soon. Go nuts, Space Sharks own.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Zasze posted:

Just keep in mind you can't use Librarians if you choose to use Black Templars rules.

Carcharadons are also most likely a Raven Guard successor and the Raven Guard rules are solid.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

TheChirurgeon posted:

Sonic Dreadnoughts are just Helbrutes now with different weapons. They covered this in the Forgeworld Chaos Index FAQ:

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. This makes my CSM list a lot easier to manage, and therefore makes my painting order more straight forward!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Putting cadian grenade launchers underslung on bolt rifles: Keep the drum or cut it off?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

chutche2 posted:

Putting cadian grenade launchers underslung on bolt rifles: Keep the drum or cut it off?

Keep

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Alternate shoulders and a hooded head:

Also looking good!

If you used different head/shoulders for the different sister unit types they'd have more differentiation than the original models too!

It looks like so much effort when if I just wait around a while I'm sure we'll get plastic ... haha j/k I'm probably going to copy the poo poo out of this.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Artum posted:

Thats the core of my bigbois painted up then, feels good.

Now for support characters, the redemptor, reivers, terminators and a bunch of tanks.

You going to Adepticon? We should have a big Ultramarines throwdown.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Uroboros posted:

You going to Adepticon? We should have a big Ultramarines throwdown.

That sounds like a cracking idea and I'll have to look into it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lord Windy posted:

How do you guys find modellers who do models similar to 40k? I'm going to do Genestealers + Tyranids and I want to see what options I have.

The problem is that, while the tyranids are hardly an original concept, they have a pretty defined aesthetic and I don't think I've really seen any good not!-genestealers on any third-party sites.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Loads of people have painted up tyranids to look like Xenomorphs but has anyone done the reverse and painted a xenomorph mini like a classic 'stealer?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

Keep.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Here's the latest GI Joe release:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

ijyt posted:

:drat: That's sick.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

:eyepoop:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

I'd buy that for a dollar!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
It looks like the Scorpion from Halo

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

That looks pretty great.

I cut the drum off one of them to see how it works and it's pretty decent, but that looks amazing and I'll keep it on the rest.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ijyt posted:

Clearly a photoshop of the plastic sicaran

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

ijyt posted:

"So what if we took a Sicaran, but made it bigger and gave it skids".

"Genius Archmagos, I'll warm up the building-gimps".

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I have to say, when I think of the gigantic, gaping holes in the Primaris range a super heavy is not a place my brain would have ever gone.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ijyt posted:

I've never been a fan of the marine vehicles, everything's ranged from dogshit to plain poo poo. This is great though, I hope it reflects an entire new range that will supplent the current crap eventually.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

ijyt posted:

Also, I will LOL so hard when DAs can't take the hover tank.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
There's no way that is a kit. That looks like a bigass kitbash of a Sicaran, a Repulsor, and a Fire Raptor.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm wondering two things.

What the gently caress is that giant wedge in the middle, transport hold?

What's that word cut off at the top of the page? Board? Are getting yet another new board?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

SteelMentor posted:

I'm wondering two things.

What the gently caress is that giant wedge in the middle, transport hold?

What's that word cut off at the top of the page? Board? Are getting yet another new board?

Book.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

JoshTheStampede posted:

There's no way that is a kit. That looks like a bigass kitbash of a Sicaran, a Repulsor, and a Fire Raptor.

Don't forget the Mastadon body.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ah, makes sense. Eyes scanned the second 'o' as an 'a'. Guess this is the next Imperial Armour? Would explain the extended delay if they're jamming in some new Primaris stuff alongside Ad Mech/T'au.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
Apologies in advance if I missed a big headache-inducing discussion about it earlier in the thread, but the weird legacy rule for Index vs. Codex has me sort of confused. The Warhammer Community FAQ says this:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/05/codexes-your-questions-answered-july-5gw-homepage-post-2/ posted:

There are a few options that are missing in the codex that appear in the index: why is that? Does that mean I can’t use these models in my army anymore?
While the indexes are designed to cover a long history of miniatures, the codexes are designed to give you rules for the current Warhammer 40,000 range. There are a few options in the indexes for some Characters and vehicles that are no longer represented in the Citadel range – certain Dreadnought weapons that don’t come in the box, or some characters on bikes, for example.
Don’t worry though, you can still use all of these in your games if you have these older models. In these instances, use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons (currently, also in the index).
This has been posted elsewhere to say that I can still take the classic Rifleman loadout for my Grey Knight dreads, but does this also mean you have to go strictly off of the Index's listing (ie if you want to take an Index Grey Knights Dreadnought with two twin autocannons, you're stuck with just Smite) and the old version of Sanctic listed there in the Index? Additionally, by these rules can Grey Knights also still take Index versions of the Librarian (with a Stormshield) or Techmarine (with Conversion Beamer)? More of a macro point, but I also swore we wouldn't need the Index after the Codex came out?

Karl Rove fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 11, 2017

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

ijyt posted:

I knew I saved up all those Flag Points for a reason...

That isn't in the October WD - is that from November's issue?

Karl Rove posted:

More of a macro point, but I also swore we wouldn't need the Index after the Codex came out?
You won't need the Index if you're using a "currently produced model." If you're using a legacy model that is no longer sold by GW, you have to use the Index.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

berzerkmonkey posted:

I knew I saved up all those Flag Points for a reason...

That isn't in the October WD - is that from November's issue?

Looks like it.

Another leak: