Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-very-close-to-matching-renault-power-963742/

Someone put me on suicide watch if Honda somehow finally has their poo poo together in 2018 and is beating McLaren-Renault with Toro Rosso.

edit: If Honda comes competitive, does anyone see McLaren crawling back to make up? :thunk:

Remember how this engine was on par with last year's Mercedes engine at the start of the year? Lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pirate Radar posted:

Are Mercedes the Patriots?

Yes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Someone on Twitter already called out Hasegawa for claiming that even though Renault continues to easily power by the McLarens on the straights.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

Ferrari is like the NFL's Cowboys. You don't mind them doing well until you're reminded of how insufferable the fanbase is, in which case you hate them out of spite.

Same, but Lewis and not his fanbase.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
As far as I can tell the current spec Honda is about as powerful as the year-old spec Renault in the Saubers, but less reliable. That still probably puts them a year off being up to reasonably competitive speed, and the other three will continue to improve.

Merc and Ferrari are reaching the point of diminishing returns in terms of power, so Renault have a chance to narrow the gap while Honda still have a long way to go. Merc and Ferrari are able to concentrate on reliability whereas Renault and Honda will still be held back by sacrificing it for performance gains.

As the general regulations don't really change in 2018 I'm expecting Merc and Ferrari to still be the teams to beat, but I think Red Bull will have to contend with McLaren for 3rd place constructors. McLaren will likely start the season not looking competitive compared to Red Bull, but their development pace will have them up there by the end of the season.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

That makes me feel ashamed for rooting for Nico last year

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GramCracker posted:

Someone put me on suicide watch if Honda somehow finally has their poo poo together in 2018 and is beating McLaren-Renault with Toro Rosso.

:same:

OK, I guess we're in this till the end. "Come on Lewis, it's hammer time... Thank you. Thank you boys, great race..." *champagne* "car was really strong...truly, you are the best fans..." *fashion show or something* ...rinse, repeat, WDC.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pirate Radar posted:

That makes me feel ashamed for rooting for Nico last year

It's a weird dynamic, yeah.

wicka posted:

I know, the joke was that Rodgers beat the Cowboys last weekend.

Fair enough then.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Someone on Twitter already called out Hasegawa for claiming that even though Renault continues to easily power by the McLarens on the straights.

Didn't the Honda team have the same loving issue until Brawn came in and said "Actually I've seen the Ferrari engine numbers and this thing is a limp dick"? It's sort of baffling how Honda still runs their F1 operations like it's the 1980s.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Didn't the Honda team have the same loving issue until Brawn came in and said "Actually I've seen the Ferrari engine numbers and this thing is a limp dick"? It's sort of baffling how Honda still runs their F1 operations like it's the 1980s.

I thought Honda’s troubles at that time were related to wind tunnel calibration.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I remember the mid 00s Honda v10s and v8s being high on horsepower and low on reliability. The ~~~earthdreams~~~ cars were the ones with windtunnel issues, and what would've been the '09 Honda won both championships.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

GramCracker posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-very-close-to-matching-renault-power-963742/

edit: If Honda comes competitive, does anyone see McLaren crawling back to make up? :thunk:

They are making gains now with every race. I thought this may happen and it seems it is.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://autosport.us15.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0321b24d9cbbd1e265203b136&id=aa60821c0d&e=6566931791

Voted for Lance Stroll wherever I could. :canada:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kubica completes Williams test

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I'm calling it. Robert "Big Bobby Kube" Kubica gets a drive with Wheeliams for 2018. :toxx: Give me a 2 week probate upon the announce of Lance's co-driver if he is not.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

I'm calling it. Robert "Big Bobby Kube" Kubica gets a drive with Wheeliams for 2018. :toxx: Give me a 2 week probate upon the announce of Lance's co-driver if he is not.

Unfortunately it's only 1 week or 30 days. Pick your poison.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Man up to a month like Wirth and me.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
give the man 30 weeks

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Man up to a month like Wirth and me.

Remind me, what was your guys' toxx?

OhsH posted:

give the man 30 weeks

I can't handle that kind of seclusion. Give me the 30 days, io.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I thought a Toxx was a ban?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Remind me, what was your guys' toxx?

I can't handle that kind of seclusion. Give me the 30 days, io.

He's got Kubica for Williams, I've got Di Resta.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I need a Power Slice

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Review them

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Unfetered One posted:

Not necessarily!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Review them

Thinking outside the box, I like it.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
have ya'll seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skdf-HZkt_U

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

heh, fuckin' nerds

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

As far as I can tell the current spec Honda is about as powerful as the year-old spec Renault in the Saubers

Um.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Last year's Ferrari, whoops. Long day.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

The Unfetered One posted:

It use to be a promise to do something absurd if your prediction was wrong.. and if you didn't do it you got banned... these days Toxxs are weak as feck

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

djssniper posted:

It use to be a promise to do something absurd if your prediction was wrong.. and if you didn't do it you got banned... these days Toxxs are weak as feck

I'd actually prefer this to a month long probation. I have much poo poo to post and shitposting constipation is not something I deal with well.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

djssniper posted:

Examples?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

mrfart posted:

Examples?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=17

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Fair warning: I'm not duct taping my dick and balls for this thread.

I would be open to the idea of shipping Wirth a case of Lewis Juice should I lose my toxx, however.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Fair warning: I'm not duct taping my dick and balls for this thread.

I would be open to the idea of shipping Wirth a case of Lewis Juice should I lose my toxx, however.

Ship that canned ejaculate to1500quid to video review

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

The reviews are dead, I don't think I can top the latest one.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

GramCracker posted:

At least brand it Thejaculate

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The latest is particularly good.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Fuckin' knew it, Vettel won the race but was cheating and got demoted 4 places.

Motorsport manager is a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can you go full 2007 McLaren with it?

• Locked thread