Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I finally started playing this game a couple weeks ago for real at the behest of some friends that are really into it. It's pretty fun. I had downloaded it several months ago and just couldn't get into it for whatever reason, but now I'm kinda digging it.

Yesterday I pulled on the Ultra Soul Break banner and got two 6* Rune Axes for Garland. So I guess one of those axes will be eating the other one eventually. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

I finally started playing this game a couple weeks ago for real at the behest of some friends that are really into it. It's pretty fun. I had downloaded it several months ago and just couldn't get into it for whatever reason, but now I'm kinda digging it.

Yesterday I pulled on the Ultra Soul Break banner and got two 6* Rune Axes for Garland. So I guess one of those axes will be eating the other one eventually. :v:
6* weapons should generally be kept separate unless they're equipment nobody uses. The ability to use axes is common enough that I wouldn't rush combining them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2/11

Cloud's BSB1 :(

And Ingus's BSB which seems cool and the shield it's on resisit petrification which is great to finally have!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ingus' BSB is really rad because it's a Tauntaliate-in-a-Box. It's a little slow to get up since neither part of that is on the entry but it's still great for fights where there's lots of targeted physical attacks.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Pulled on Lucky, got dupe Vincent burst, dupe Barret SSB, and Onion Sword SSB. Kinda disappointing, but having two all realm +fire bracers isn’t the worse thing in the world.

Still thinking on which relics to pick before tomorrow. For 30th Anniversary, I was sure I was gonna pick Rikku’s BSB but I’m not sure if I’d use it over her USB, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Contenders:

Edea BSB: Godly ice relic, however I have Rinoa’s BSB2 covering magic ice and Edea’s will be showing up again on banners I’ll pull on.

Rikku BSB: water imperial plus I use her all the time, but my water team is pretty weak (Tidus BSB, Yuffie BSB, Butz OSB if you’re desperate) so I’m not sure how helpful it’ll actually be. Also reappears on banners I’m likely to pull on.

Ayame BSB: Would really love some physical ice deeps, the only downside is that I’m gonna be pulling for Squall’s BSB2 (which is better or equal) and I already have his OSB so I’d rather build up Squall as my ice dude.

Rapha BSB: I have her USB with enthunder so it sounds like a sick pair. Problem is getting enough meter to run both, abilities power creeping BSBs in the future (so it might be better to spam chain thunder), and my lightning team is doing way better than some other elements so it feels like I could pick something better.

Other ideas were Firion (my holy team is doing ok but instant magic blink), Maria, CoD (have Vincent and Alph for radiant shield already), Edge for his water BSB (I have his red jacket SSB that might be better to use), and Zell (nonelem deeps is both a blessing and a curse).

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Adel posted:

Pulled on Lucky, got dupe Vincent burst, dupe Barret SSB, and Onion Sword SSB. Kinda disappointing, but having two all realm +fire bracers isn’t the worse thing in the world.

Still thinking on which relics to pick before tomorrow. For 30th Anniversary, I was sure I was gonna pick Rikku’s BSB but I’m not sure if I’d use it over her USB, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Contenders:

Edea BSB: Godly ice relic, however I have Rinoa’s BSB2 covering magic ice and Edea’s will be showing up again on banners I’ll pull on.

Rikku BSB: water imperial plus I use her all the time, but my water team is pretty weak (Tidus BSB, Yuffie BSB, Butz OSB if you’re desperate) so I’m not sure how helpful it’ll actually be. Also reappears on banners I’m likely to pull on.

Ayame BSB: Would really love some physical ice deeps, the only downside is that I’m gonna be pulling for Squall’s BSB2 (which is better or equal) and I already have his OSB so I’d rather build up Squall as my ice dude.

Rapha BSB: I have her USB with enthunder so it sounds like a sick pair. Problem is getting enough meter to run both, abilities power creeping BSBs in the future (so it might be better to spam chain thunder), and my lightning team is doing way better than some other elements so it feels like I could pick something better.

Other ideas were Firion (my holy team is doing ok but instant magic blink), Maria, CoD (have Vincent and Alph for radiant shield already), Edge for his water BSB (I have his red jacket SSB that might be better to use), and Zell (nonelem deeps is both a blessing and a curse).

Maria's been great for Hydra killing for me. How's Rinoa doing for you? Do you have other water relics? If you already have good lightning stuff, plus boost/faithgas then I personally think Ayame, Edge or Maria are your best choices. I believe with the future buff to ninja abilities, Edge with just water en-element will still be almost, if not stronger than he is today with his USB.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm really low on electric damage in general. Delita is probably my best option overall but I would like a second physical source.

I do have Reno's BSB though. How is that if he's leveled? Does the number of hits on command 1 maintain across multiple uses of his Burst? The other option is Cid-4 for his imperil but he does less damage.

I really need Rikku and Ramza for buffing duties so I can only bring two to Bismark, though I could bring three elsewhere. Rikku can use Tempest Snipe at least.

Edit: I also have Shantotto and her chain, but not her burst and I have waaaay more group ATK buffs than MAG.

Prism fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 11, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Ingus' BSB is really rad because it's a Tauntaliate-in-a-Box. It's a little slow to get up since neither part of that is on the entry but it's still great for fights where there's lots of targeted physical attacks.

Yeah with how my pulls have been lately I'm real happy I got this it helps Ingus seems cool with access to 4* white magic and support right out the box.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Ingus is a fantastic workhorse character. He's not top tier meta defining but he's a ridiculous brick wall with a huge amount of utility in his skillset.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Do the FFX newcomer dungeons count as FFX dungeons for the purpose of unlocking Tidus RMs? I might just be getting bad RNG but I can't get this thing to pop.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Do the FFX newcomer dungeons count as FFX dungeons for the purpose of unlocking Tidus RMs? I might just be getting bad RNG but I can't get this thing to pop.

They do.

RMs should have never been made RNG

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

The ones that demand you to use the character in a certain realm have a minuscule drop rate for some dumb reason.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I got it. Thanks. I just grinded the first FFX realm dungeon until both popped.

Now I'm getting salty about having to constantly reload because of the FF6 torment trash that counter self destructs for 6k through wall and proshellga.

What the blue gently caress.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Self-Destruct usually does damage equal to their remaining HP.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

iamsosmrt posted:

Underwhelming? Didn't you get a bunch of top level USBs?

I'm happy with Zidane, Tidus, and Lightning absolutely. Even Noctis is seeing more play, although I still mostly use his SSB. My only real disappointment comes from the fact I got 2/3 mage relics I either can't use effectively yet due to zero faithgas (eg. Ace USB, Papalymo BSB) or can't use effectively at all due to hones (Alphinaud USB, hell, I don't even have a copy of Sapphire Shot created yet). I had around 10+ dupes, and I spent 650 mythril that was a combination of saving and finishing the Realm dungeons.

So sure I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I guess I was just hoping for a bit more of a change than being able to field a few different DPS. In time I'll grow into more of what I got for sure, but I'm skeptical about how it helps me now when I have still yet to clear a Torment 200.

I'm sure it could have been worse though, so good point.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

DizzyBum posted:

You did ok. Also make sure you pull on the realm dungeon lucky draw, which is a one time half price pull. But avoid the Newcomers banners, as those have pretty horribly outdated gear on them.

Also for real time advice and what not , we have a discord at: https://discord.gg/7v6bbv

Attestant fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 11, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

Self-Destruct usually does damage equal to their remaining HP.

This. If you want grenades to not murder you, they gotta be deader. (Also, the Self Destruct is explicitly a counter to physical attacks, so mage teams will be better off. Shame your mage options for FF6 are so poo poo, for the sake of the CM.)

Also, with regards to the HidonitesErebuses in the Jump Start, when they blow up, it's 10% of their remaining HP. They have ~154k HP each, so if you want to be sure you'll survive they have to get pulled down to less than 1/3rd health, probably closer to a quarter. (Otherwise, if two explode on the same person, it's more or less unavoidable death)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

I'm happy with Zidane, Tidus, and Lightning absolutely. Even Noctis is seeing more play, although I still mostly use his SSB. My only real disappointment comes from the fact I got 2/3 mage relics I either can't use effectively yet due to zero faithgas (eg. Ace USB, Papalymo BSB) or can't use effectively at all due to hones (Alphinaud USB, hell, I don't even have a copy of Sapphire Shot created yet). I had around 10+ dupes, and I spent 650 mythril that was a combination of saving and finishing the Realm dungeons.

So sure I'm not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but I guess I was just hoping for a bit more of a change than being able to field a few different DPS. In time I'll grow into more of what I got for sure, but I'm skeptical about how it helps me now when I have still yet to clear a Torment 200.

I'm sure it could have been worse though, so good point.

I remembered you went in with more mythril than even I had (I went from 600ish to 368 as of now). What's your count? There's definitely good faithgas coming up, but in the meantime, I think you should really look into clearing the Torment V that's up now. It's not that hard and you probably have enough good relics to do it. The Jumpstart's arguably really easy, so if you can clear that you could at least farm up some Major Power orbs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I might try again with a mage team. Terra can obliterate the boss on her own without touching the adds but getting mages through 6 floors of trash is just as painful as reloading 3 times per floor after getting blown up.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I might try again with a mage team. Terra can obliterate the boss on her own without touching the adds but getting mages through 6 floors of trash is just as painful as reloading 3 times per floor after getting blown up.

200 or 250? I CM'ed 200 last night, but haven't touched 250 yet maybe after work later. Nothing ever blew up on me though, so maybe I got lucky.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

200 or 250? I CM'ed 200 last night, but haven't touched 250 yet maybe after work later. Nothing ever blew up on me though, so maybe I got lucky.

250. The 200 was free. Steiner crushed the boss and explosions didn't insta kill anyone.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

iamsosmrt posted:

I remembered you went in with more mythril than even I had (I went from 600ish to 368 as of now). What's your count? There's definitely good faithgas coming up, but in the meantime, I think you should really look into clearing the Torment V that's up now. It's not that hard and you probably have enough good relics to do it. The Jumpstart's arguably really easy, so if you can clear that you could at least farm up some Major Power orbs.

Right now I'm at 75 so I'm doing okay. Definitely interested in the FFIV Kain/Tellah banner because then my Mage team would actually be viable. Every mage team I've had to field so far was with Sazh's SSB and Tyro's new USB so I can't wait to get something a bit more substantial.

I'll give the V torment a go tonight! I was really disheartened on Torments when I tried the FFXII Mateus torment with my fully synergized (equip+characters) FFXII team pre-fest and got wrecked on trash. I was probably doing something wrong though.

e: im also being an assmad crybaby at the fest because I really wanted either Squall BSB2, Ayame BSB, or some kind of faithga and missed all of em :sigh:

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 11, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

iamsosmrt posted:

Maria's been great for Hydra killing for me. How's Rinoa doing for you? Do you have other water relics? If you already have good lightning stuff, plus boost/faithgas then I personally think Ayame, Edge or Maria are your best choices. I believe with the future buff to ninja abilities, Edge with just water en-element will still be almost, if not stronger than he is today with his USB.

I’m a lazy dumbass that’s put off finishing nightmare dungeons so I haven’t fielded Rinoa yet, but she is one of my best mages (lots of stat boosts from relics and I have a shitton of magic throw weapons for her to use). I’m working under the assumption that while Edea might be better, it’s such a small upgrade that it’s not worst getting.

Water relics are Tidus and Yuffie BSBs, which I’m hoping to improve with a pull or two on the next X banner. I’ve really lucked out on support relics so I have shout, VoF, Rikku’s USB and a bunch of faithgas, I think what I need is raw power at this point.

I’ll definitely give Edge another look if that’s correct. Maria I’m a little hesitant on just because the game has been throwing earth relics at me (Dorgann BSB, Bartz BSB3, Yang BSB, Dingus BSB) and looking at what I got, decent ice and water relics have eluded me.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

Right now I'm at 75 so I'm doing okay. Definitely interested in the FFIV Kain/Tellah banner because then my Mage team would actually be viable. Every mage team I've had to field so far was with Sazh's SSB and Tyro's new USB so I can't wait to get something a bit more substantial.

I'll give the V torment a go tonight! I was really disheartened on Torments when I tried the FFXII Mateus torment with my fully synergized (equip+characters) FFXII team pre-fest and got wrecked on trash. I was probably doing something wrong though.

e: im also being an assmad crybaby at the fest because I really wanted either Squall BSB2, Ayame BSB, or some kind of faithga and missed all of em :sigh:

I'm a bit salty because my biggest wants were Vaan and Tidus USB, but yeah it's all good, I'm happy for fellow goons. Just get those hones up and ride your BSBs to Torment victory.

Adel posted:

I’m a lazy dumbass that’s put off finishing nightmare dungeons so I haven’t fielded Rinoa yet, but she is one of my best mages (lots of stat boosts from relics and I have a shitton of magic throw weapons for her to use). I’m working under the assumption that while Edea might be better, it’s such a small upgrade that it’s not worst getting.

Water relics are Tidus and Yuffie BSBs, which I’m hoping to improve with a pull or two on the next X banner. I’ve really lucked out on support relics so I have shout, VoF, Rikku’s USB and a bunch of faithgas, I think what I need is raw power at this point.

I’ll definitely give Edge another look if that’s correct. Maria I’m a little hesitant on just because the game has been throwing earth relics at me (Dorgann BSB, Bartz BSB3, Yang BSB, Dingus BSB) and looking at what I got, decent ice and water relics have eluded me.
Get on those Magicite! they're pretty much the only reason to pull for elemental needs at this point, and its much easier to figure what you need from playing them.

Anyway, on paper, looks like you don't really need any of these relics. You have decent coverage for all of those elements. Do you already have Vaan and Raines BSBs?

Edea jumps up the rankings with your added input, though Rapha's probably the best bet of the rest if it stacks with your other faithgas.

And yeah, I think otherwise, Shadow or Edge might be the best options if you're looking for future raw power. Water and Dark En-element turns those ninja abilities into insane murder for like 7 or 8 hits a piece. The buff probably won't hit for 5 months though...

This is one thread with more info on the balance change for Edge:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/711mw8/edge_against_marilith_after_the_balance_change_on/

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Those FF6 torments were rough :sweatdrop:

Like others said, bring a mage team. Don't be stubborn like me and insist on a physical team with Steiner BSB for the boss murdering.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Even though they're less cost effective than the daily XP dungeons, I like the beginner dungeons because they let me master relics immediately after I pull.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
The key is any physical dps just needs to hit for a good portion of their life, you don't necessarily have to go all magic.

To be fair, my FFVI synergy is nuts so for the non JS I just used my usual FFVI bunch (terra usb/bsb, celes bsb2, relm usb/bsb, setzer ssb, locke bsb). I got lucky that setzer never caused a suicide and celes/locke could do enough damage that a self destruct was never the end of the world.

It was a beautiful thing seeing Terra do 9999x4 with her bsb command 1 on the boss.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Hawkeye posted:

The key is any physical dps just needs to hit for a good portion of their life, you don't necessarily have to go all magic.

To be fair, my FFVI synergy is nuts so for the non JS I just used my usual FFVI bunch (terra usb/bsb, celes bsb2, relm usb/bsb, setzer ssb, locke bsb). I got lucky that setzer never caused a suicide and celes/locke could do enough damage that a self destruct was never the end of the world.

It was a beautiful thing seeing Terra do 9999x4 with her bsb command 1 on the boss.

Even better was seeing Papalymo dualcasting 6x8500+.

It's a little weird with this downtime that I'm actually running out of things to do now. Still have to deplete my Keystone supply, but that's it really.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Physical damage seems fine if you have a lot of AOE fire going for you. I don't think I've gotten this much mileage out of Balthier (every SSB, BSB) or Locke (BSB) in a long time. I guess Locke carried weight on the Chadarnook JS the first time it came around.

I had the luxury of rolling with a mixed team bc I was able to exploit Hidon's weakness so well that OK BSB was sufficient, tho, so I minimized explosions with Terra AOE on trash

Baku fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 12, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Those FF6 torments were rough :sweatdrop:

Like others said, bring a mage team. Don't be stubborn like me and insist on a physical team with Steiner BSB for the boss murdering.

Not sure what was happening for you. I went ahead and completed both d250 and d300. The 250 my DPS was Steiner and Auron. The trash rounds weren't too bad. Never put up wall, just used proshellga and Relm BSB for mitigation. The counter explosions weren't a bot issue. Lifesiphons and Auron BSB was responsible for most of the trash clearing.

The boss itself didn't last long to both guys using Cloud USB.

The 300 CM was a bit trickier. Had to squeak every little bit of damage I could from Terra and Locke to just kill him. Managed to do it after a few SLs.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Holy poo poo, the latest JP FFV banner 1 looks intensely good.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New V event relics are known. Everyone who predicted they couldn't possibly leave Bartz at a mere 4 BSBs after 3rd anniversary can toast merrily.
Kelger is indeed our Earth Ninja, too.

BANNER 1
=========
Dorgann's Falchion [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, En-Earth, DEF +100% & Sandy Winds to user
Sandy Winds - After using R1~5 Knight abilities, chases with 2~6 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks
Xezat's Sword [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Ice/Lightning physical attacks, En-Ice, Quick Cast 1 & Spellblade Ability Boost to user
Kelger's Sword [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, Ninja Ability Boost, Physical Blink 1 & Lupine Chase to user
Lupine Chase - After using Earth abilities, chases with 4/6/8 single-target Earth/Wind/NE physical attacks, amount of hits is dependent on number of Physical Blinks on user
Galuf's Platinum Hammer [USSB, +10 ATK]- ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party, En-Earth to user

Dorgann's Redoubt [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & DEF +30% to party, Imperil Earth to targets, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, Knight Damage +15% for 2 turns
Defend -> 3 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, ATK & RES +30%

Xezat's Helm [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Ice/Lightning physical attacks, Imperil ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Ice/Lightning ranged physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 3 turns
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/Lightning ranged physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Kelger's Avenger [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, 0.825s CT, Physical Blink 1

Galuf's Murasame [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Earth/Fire physical attacks, Imperil Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Wind physical attacks, Critical Chance +50%

Dorgann's Bastard Sword [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Xezat's Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities
Kelger's Cloak [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance to grant user Physical Blink 1
Galuf's Kenpogi [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Monk abilities

Xezat's Defender [SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Ice/Lightning physical attacks, Smart Ether 1 to party
Kelger's Model [SSB, +10 ATK] - 40% max HP heal & Physical Blink 1 to party, Instant Cast

(lot of Earth and Ice boosts-
Dorgann USB - Earth+ Sword
Xezat USB - Ice+ Sword
Kelger USB - Earth+ Sword
Galuf USB - Earth+ Hammer
Xezat BSB - Ice+ Helm
Dorgann BSB - Earth+ Heavy Armor
Xezat LMR - Ice+ Bracer
Kelger LMR - Earth+ Light Armor
Kelger SSB - Earth+ Heavy Armor)

BANNER 2
=========
Krile's Sleipnir's Tail [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, MAG & RES +30% and Flame Dance to user
Flame Dance: After using R1~5 Fire abilities, chases with 2~6 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks
Exdeath's Whale Whisker [USSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Dark/NE magic attacks, Grand Cross to user, MAG & MND +30% to party

Krile's Stardust Rod [OSSB, +10 MAG] - Single-target Fire/NE Overflow magic attack, multiplier is dependent on number of Fire attacks used
Bartz's Apocalypse [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth Overflow ranged physical attack

Bartz's Model [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks
Defend -> 3 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 3 turns

Bartz's Grand Helm [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, ATK -40% to target, ATK +50% to user
Defend -> 4 single-target Water/NE physical attacks

Exdeath's Demon's Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Dark/NE magic attacks, Imperil Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Dark/NE magic attacks, higher multiplier if user is Doomed
Defend -> AOE Dark magic attacks, 45s Doom & MAG +30% to user

Lenna's Rune Staff [BSSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & minor Bar-Ice to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal & MND +30%, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Galuf's Sledgehammer [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Fire/Earth physical attacks, Imperil Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/Earth physical attacks, 25% max HP heal to ally
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/Earth physical attacks, 30% max HP heal to ally

Famed Mimic Gogo's Mimic's Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Water/NE magic attacks, En-Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> Mimics the last used action used by the party, -0.15s CT with each consecutive use (maximum 11 reductions)
Defend -> 4 single-target Water/NE magic attacks

Lenna's Laurel Crown [LMR, +10 MND] - When using White Magic abilities, 35% chance to also cast h25 heal to party
Krile's Dress [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Bartz's Maximillian [LMR, +10 ATK] - 10% chance to Triplecast Spellblade abilities
Exdeath's Visage [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at start of battle

(Krile USB - Fire+ Whip
Exdeath USB - RS Dark+ Rod
Krile OSB - RS Fire+ Rod
Bartz BSB5 - Fire+ Light Armor
Gogo BSB - Water+ Rod
Bartz BSB2 - RS Water+ Helm
Exdeath BSB - Dark+ Rod
Krile LMR - Fire+ Light Armor
Exdeath LMR - Dark- Helm)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh good finally Bartz has more BSB's.

It's only like a week since the last one.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Ever since his BSB3 they've been basically copy/pasting them to give him an attach element for everything, so it barely counts.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Apparently we'll be getting some "Renewal Banners" down the line, as well as a partially translated Bra-Bra banner (Important items being Edward USB, Mog USB, Mog LMR).

No idea about how the Renewal Banners will work, though.

Mog LMR though means we'll finally get to record and legend dive him, which is fantastic. DRG Dancing Healer will be a fun little niche to work in.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Renewal Banners appear to be SSB+ pools of relics for that Realm up to the first XV event (with Iris and Gladiolus).

The Renewal events seem, so far, to just be a reissuing of the various events for a realm, open for a month. Any old progress you had is carried over. Also, Mobius isn't here, I'm guessing because it was a collab and a non-standard event where you collected items to turn in.

NEW PLAYERS THIS IS AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO FARM CHARACTERS, MYTHRIL, MEMORY CRYSTALS, MOTES, AND ACCESSORIES that you've missed!

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Ugggh I was just complaining yesterday that I want more FFI synergy for the eventual torment and that there won't be a banner for a long time coming. Now there's a surprise banner after the weeks long mythril sink.

I was going to have enough to be able to do a pull on the XV banner later today, but I guess not now.

God I hope I don't get Sarah's BSB. I gave up Fujin's on the selection banner for that.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ah geez, are these banners actually good? Thought I'd have a nice break to save up mythril since the next few events seem kinda meh relic-wise, but there's a few realms I still have basically no synergy for.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Ehhh, they're full price lucky draw banners but more focused on a single synergy. I'm okay with FFI because the risk of dupes is low for me and the pool is real small. I wouldn't pull on, say, the FFVII one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Pulled on FFI renewal banner for Wol chain, got Wol BSB, Master BSB and Wol chain :toot:

• Locked thread