Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm conflicted on who is having the shittiest day here. It seems to be a visual metaphor for the U.S. government, with the Chinese coming around the bend.

Go read the China thread in GBS, you might change your mind about the train.

*edit* poo poo new page! have some content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The man is the US, the tiger is Russia, the snake is China and the train is the inevitability of war.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Collateral Damage posted:

The man is the US, the tiger is Russia, the snake is China and the train is the inevitability of war.

Who does the muscle dude that's about to suplex the train represent?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Super NES Classic Mini from Nintendo, in stores now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Who does the muscle dude that's about to suplex the train represent?

#MAGA

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Makes as much sense as a typical Garrison, checks out.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
But what's debt?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

MizPiz posted:

But what's debt?

It's incisive commentary!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_olo7e2xGgV1tib7ms_480.mp4#_=_

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Touch the Skyrim reboot lookin good

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this game :allears:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98dlue3JmRM
Even better with sound.
I think its what happens if you mess with the frame rate.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98dlue3JmRM
Even better with sound.
I think its what happens if you mess with the frame rate.

That and they're using gamebryo, STILL, and it's like 5 games in and hacked together as gently caress at this point to work. Reminder that fallout 3 treated bullets as very tiny and fast arrows, and in explosions in vats they could get knocked out of the air.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Since no one asked: text is Italian, judging by the words and grammar it's late 19th century to early 20th.

Translation:

"In the deep of an Indian forest, a man is waiting for the train next to the tracks. Suddenly a boa assaults the hapless man, wrapping him in its powerful coils. But then a tiger pounces in turn upon the enormous reptile which then also wraps the beast into its deadly embrace. Meanwhile, the train approaches the monstrous tangle. The struggle is bloodily broken by the wheels of the convoy."

So yeah, it's almost literally that one C&H strip :allears:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Drone_Fragger posted:

That and they're using gamebryo, STILL, and it's like 5 games in and hacked together as gently caress at this point to work. ...

No they're not. Even in Morrowind, Gamebryo was heavily modified. By Oblivion they were basically just using the renderer; everything else was built in-house. By the time Skyrim was finished their engine of Theseus was entirely their own work.

Point is that bugs shared between Oblivion and Skyrim are entirely Bethesda's fault. :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

What an adorable bag of Doritos!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Bloop posted:

What an adorable bag of Doritos!

seriously though, what the gently caress is that?

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Marine isopod, Bathynomus. Large, deep sea rolly polly/pill bug/sow bug.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Drone_Fragger posted:

That and they're using gamebryo, STILL, and it's like 5 games in and hacked together as gently caress at this point to work. Reminder that fallout 3 treated bullets as very tiny and fast arrows, and in explosions in vats they could get knocked out of the air.

Weird things like that are called "being a video game"

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Memento posted:

seriously though, what the gently caress is that?
It's a "woman", as we like to call the female members of this particular species.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

soylon posted:

Marine isopod, Bathynomus. Large, deep sea rolly polly/pill bug/sow bug.

I know, The Bloop and I were doing a bit, clearly it was more obscure than I thought.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Roly-pollies own :colbert:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Well I actually didn't know what it was and thought the post was educational. :colbert:

Pretty creepy little creatures, though.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYijueHrZto

:3:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Deep ocean creatures trend towards gigantism, it's a creepy awesome world down there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"isopod plz go"

"no"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jules Verne was right about everything.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So...is there a reason they're carefully taking care of them in a lab, or is this just like, a zoo/aquarium type thing? I know horseshoe crabs get their weird copper-based blue blood "milked" because it has super anti-bacteria abilities making it mega valuable (like, $15,000 per liter) but I've never heard of anything for these roly-polys.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Choco1980 posted:

So...is there a reason they're carefully taking care of them in a lab, or is this just like, a zoo/aquarium type thing? I know horseshoe crabs get their weird copper-based blue blood "milked" because it has super anti-bacteria abilities making it mega valuable (like, $15,000 per liter) but I've never heard of anything for these roly-polys.

When you want to study something and can keep it alive in a lab you will probably find people doing that.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=273

um no, that thing is dead. They don't survive the pressure differences.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Given that they're adapted to life under thousands of feet of water, I'd say all surface photos are of dead isopods :sigh:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

Given that they're adapted to life under thousands of feet of water, I'd say all surface photos are of dead isopods :sigh:

They're featured in aquariums in various places, so there must be some that survive the trip to the surface.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Deteriorata posted:

They're featured in aquariums in various places, so there must be some that survive the trip to the surface.

Or it could be necromancy. Undead isopods. :ohdear:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Really not that different from regular isopods tho, as they all crave human flesh :unsmigghh:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Really not that different from regular isopods tho, as they all crave human flesh :unsmigghh:

Human flesh and Doritos.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Johnny Aztec posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=273

um no, that thing is dead. They don't survive the pressure differences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4RLOo6bchU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

TontoCorazon posted:

Human flesh and Doritos.

Yes, but only nacho cheese flavor

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Yes, but only nacho cheese flavor

Nacho cheese flavor humans?

Well, I guess they have their preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

I can't remember who's actually doing the probing and who's filming in that video, but that was shot by me and my wife. In that case we were actually dissecting fish for science reasons, and we found a couple of horse-eye jacks with tongue isopods. I was the one that found this first one, and iirc my assessment was something along the lines of "HOLY loving poo poo". The fish is already dead in that video but the isopod is very much alive. The fish's head with isopod still installed is currently on display in the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, where I'm told it's very popular with young children.