Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

They feel pretty bare bones. Like, there's no personality behind them.
I have trust issues.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

It's true, Ouboro's blinking has a hypnotic relaxing effect if you stare at it long enough.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also gonna put you guys in timeout, see ya in a bit.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Julias posted:

Those aren't thread-closing-worthy posts, just report him, please julias.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

only i have the brains to mod the season thread

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

C.M. Kruger posted:

You'll probably want to check out Yurucamp for the winter season then. It's basically Yama no Susume but more restrained, more about just experiencing the outdoors.

Isn't that when the next season of Encouragement of Climb is coming out too? There's gonna be two girls' mountain climbing anime running at the same time.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Aurora posted:

only i have the brains to mod the season thread

this season has a critical lack of magical girls, you hold no power here

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it has plenty of idols though

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Julias posted:

lmao loving owned

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
lol but also do you guys think there's anything out this season that I'd like? Nothing in the op is really catching my eye.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

lol but also do you guys think there's anything out this season that I'd like? Nothing in the op is really catching my eye.

no

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Erg posted:

Precure is eternal, you seem grossly mis-informed about this Erg!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
nevermind I'm gonna watch the show about the 30 year old neet that plays mmos and aspires to be an office lady

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
haters

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

no

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

nevermind I'm gonna watch the show about the 30 year old neet that plays mmos and aspires to be an office lady

You got that the wrong way around. I did like the first episode of that though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Actually, she was an office lady and quit to play games full time.

I really like the setting and art of Children of the Whale but the story was not what I was hoping for.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

littleorv posted:

lmao loving owned

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Isn't that when the next season of Encouragement of Climb is coming out too? There's gonna be two girls' mountain climbing anime running at the same time.

Nah a date hasn't been announced for the third season yet, there's going to be a couple OVAs this month though.

And Yurucamp is more about just camping instead of mountain climbing, so similar outdoorsy theme but different kinds of stories.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

garo didn't have an amazing premiere, but the setting and style defintely evoke the sort of dystopian hypermasculine/violent anime from OVAs in the 80's/90's.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

You got that the wrong way around. I did like the first episode of that though.

yeah Snufkin makes a cameo like 5 minutes in so it's already win in my book.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Sindai posted:

Actually, she was an office lady and quit to play games full time.

I really like the setting and art of Children of the Whale but the story was not what I was hoping for.

Can you say any more? I haven't seen much on this show.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

That there Garo Vanishing Line seems pretty good, simply because i really like the protagonist in it.

Uhhh Umaru is as naff as expected, would be nice to see them try to give her some form of character development but it's highly unlikely ey?

First episode of The Ancient Magus' Bride was disappointing. I haven't read the Manga but it feels like the first episode was badly rushed. The character's relationships felt so forced and unnatural and it really sucks.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Erg posted:

But LotL(HnK) is nothing but magical girls

Magical Boys?
Magical...Gemstones?

dogsicle posted:

garo didn't have an amazing premiere, but the setting and style defintely evoke the sort of dystopian hypermasculine/violent anime from OVAs in the 80's/90's.

Like someone said earlier, Garo had to compete with BBB for best urban setting and lost. That said, the MC in Garo is kind of refreshing after a lot of milquetoast protags whose only personality setting is "nice enough"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Maera Sior posted:

Can you say any more? I haven't seen much on this show.

it so far seems to be a typical shonen "mysterious girl appears and events start happening that change mc's life" story. the interesting setting stuff is they live on an island floating in a sea of sand, and society is split between short-lived people with psychokinesis and long-lived people without powers that run the government. despite having someone designated to record the history of the island, the current recorder (and main character) feels like there are conspicuous gaps in their history.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Urahara Ep 2 was fun, I love to fight popcorn

I'm glad of Mari's sarcastic affectations and fixation on watching Gone with the Wind while eating citron and pepper popcorn :3: Rito just chomping down on the alien desserts and just being a genuinely chill person is great too

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i made a thread for children of the whales because i think the first episode showed a lot of promise

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

I watched both episodes of Juuni Taisen but what caught my attention is how great the sound design is with regards to how sound effects sound like they're coming from a certain direction in the first episode. Can't wait for more fight scenes in the future episodes.

edit: tagged an implied spoiler

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the first ep of ancient magus bride kicked rear end and i am going to watch this show

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Blend S has the best ed this season.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Solefald posted:

First episode of The Ancient Magus' Bride was disappointing. I haven't read the Manga but it feels like the first episode was badly rushed. The character's relationships felt so forced and unnatural and it really sucks.

I also haven't read the manga, but I watched the 3-episode prequel OVA for the first time right before watching the first episode of the show today. I'm not sure if you've seen the OVA episodes, but I feel like the backstory in them really helped me understand why Chise acts and feels the way that she does. If I hadn't seen them I would probably share your feelings, but as it is I loved the first episode and can't wait for more.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i loved the first episode and watching the ovas is making me love it more

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
just watched land of lustrous and it far exceeded my expectations, i really like the characters and what an adorable gently caress up phos is

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The first episode of Just Because was decent, I'm sticking with it

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I thought the first episode of Magus Bride was pretty good. Something about the way the faeries were animated reminded me of the bug pixies from Berserk tho so I got a little more worried than I probably should've been during that scene lmao

I think I'm going to start the manga at work today.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Mentat Radnor posted:

I also haven't read the manga, but I watched the 3-episode prequel OVA for the first time right before watching the first episode of the show today. I'm not sure if you've seen the OVA episodes, but I feel like the backstory in them really helped me understand why Chise acts and feels the way that she does. If I hadn't seen them I would probably share your feelings, but as it is I loved the first episode and can't wait for more.

aye I'm gonna watch them today. It wasn't bad really, just something felt really off. As well, I still enjoyed it. I can see myself drawing a lot of fan art of it :3:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread :toot:

quote:

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (Children of the Whales )
J.C.Staff | Ishiguro, Kyohei | Yokote, Michiko | Sci-Fi, Mystery, Drama, Fantasy, Shoujo | Manga | Oct 8, 2017
Chakuro is the 14-year-old archivist of the Mud Whale, a nigh-utopian island that floats across the surface of an endless sea of sand. Nine in ten of the inhabitants of the Mud Whale have been blessed and cursed with the ability to use saimia, special powers that doom them to an early death. Chakuro and his friends have stumbled across other islands, but they have never met, seen, or even heard of a human who wasn't from their own. One day, Chakuro visits an island as large as the Mud Whale and meets a girl who will change his destiny.
PV
Thread

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I thought the first episode of Magus Bride was pretty good. Something about the way the faeries were animated reminded me of the bug pixies from Berserk tho so I got a little more worried than I probably should've been during that scene lmao

I think I'm going to start the manga at work today.

They can seem pretty creepy, yeah. I don't blame you for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I made the Juuni Taisen thread before bed last night and it's a weak OP im sorry

• Locked thread