Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

are you suggesting there's a reason not to wear a suit and tie when you're working from home

west coast rules, east coast drools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Working at work is great if you like being around people.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

working at home probably stymies your career advancement, at least in my (non-computer-toucher) field, but its ok for me right now as im in my mid 20s and going back to school in a yr anyway~

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

working at home probably stymies your career advancement,
Please Don't Promote Stymie

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

working at home probably stymies your career advancement, at least in my (non-computer-toucher) field, but its ok for me right now as im in my mid 20s and going back to school in a yr anyway~
jobs that can be done from home can also be done from bangalore

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
do labour

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

MrAptronym posted:

This is the first time since VR started to be a thing that I have wanted to use VR.

Read a graffiti book then just buy 8 different colors of rattle cans, a sixer and go make a plastic wrap canvas between two trees in the park and wildstyle all day. Way more fun.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

duTrieux. posted:

west coast rules, east coast drools

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/917924555120939009

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
adam only reads books that float in the bathtub because he's a baby

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a tiny baby flea

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Should I see wheeler Walker jr tonight or stay in for the first time this week, watch the game and make some music?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
always go to live music

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

always go to live music

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

whatever, this poo poo's boring who cares

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

there will be plenty of time to stay in and noodle around in your beats laboratory when you're older

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Phone posted:

whatever, this poo poo's boring who cares
fffffffffffava beans

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm drinking malt liquor and watching horror movies, gonna make dinner soon. super chill

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

fffffffffffava beans

a cupcake and a candy bar

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a cupcake and a candy bar
man that was an extremely great episode

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgVfkWpEc84

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
https://i.imgur.com/IKFVCMR.gifv

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

adorable

(don't tell me how terrible i'm sure it is to keep whatever it is as pets)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the police sirens in the bg towards the end are a plus

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

adorable

(don't tell me how terrible i'm sure it is to keep whatever it is as pets)
iirc those aren't the ones that need to be holding onto branches or else suffer horrible eventually deadly anxiety so

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sombrerotron posted:

ha ha if you've got a job in which wearing a suit and tie is unusual

nobody wears a suit and tie in EEB

i remember a dude wore a suit to a faculty job interview at my grad school and people were quietly like "hey what's with the suit lol"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the secret to dressing like a field biologist at a job interview is:

1. wear clothes that are well below the standard anyone else would consider "nice" or "professional", e.g. "i am wearing pants that are not jeans and a sweater with no holes in it larger than a dime"
2. still look clearly uncomfortable because you feel overdressed

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

iirc those aren't the ones that need to be holding onto branches or else suffer horrible eventually deadly anxiety so

sugar gliders

they are not good for the home and however they got there it's probably a sad tale

but drat they're adorable :allears:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

syscall girl posted:

sugar gliders

they are not good for the home and however they got there it's probably a sad tale

but drat they're adorable :allears:

you can smell the house through the screen

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Liver Disaster posted:

you can smell the house through the screen

I had pet mice and had to get rid of them because they stank no matter how well I cleaned the cage

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Trig Discipline posted:

the secret to dressing like a field biologist at a job interview is:

1. wear clothes that are well below the standard anyone else would consider "nice" or "professional", e.g. "i am wearing pants that are not jeans and a sweater with no holes in it larger than a dime"
2. still look clearly uncomfortable because you feel overdressed

i thought you were supposed to turn up in a tattered labcoat and nothing else

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

i thought you were supposed to turn up in a tattered labcoat and nothing else

that's molecular bio/biochemistry

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I had pet mice and had to get rid of them because they stank no matter how well I cleaned the cage
I always thought it would be neat to have a pet rat because apparently they are past the the shops to recognize being given a name but I didn't and now I'm happily married with a kid so

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

always go to live music

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

I always thought it would be neat to have a pet rat because apparently they are past the the shops to recognize being given a name but I didn't and now I'm happily married with a kid so

at one point in college we had a colony of 8 pet rats including 2 hairless ones

the older ones will teach the new ones things like how to eat m&ms and cherry tomatoes and that if you find yourself outside of the cage a good place to go is the top of the coffee table so that you can start pulling over cups to drink what spills out there

they're really quite smart and if you accidentally go to sleep while they're still running around they'll try to hoard food all over your apartment. this happened once w/ an open bag of chips and i was finding them for weeks afterward. all the shoes in the closet had a few in them

we also had a shitload of mice in an aquarium next to the big rat cage and one time a friend brought his new gf over and she pointed to the mice and asked if "these are going to get as big as those" and gestured to the rats

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

at one point in college we had a colony of 8 pet rats including 2 hairless ones

the older ones will teach the new ones things like how to eat m&ms and cherry tomatoes and that if you find yourself outside of the cage a good place to go is the top of the coffee table so that you can start pulling over cups to drink what spills out there

they're really quite smart and if you accidentally go to sleep while they're still running around they'll try to hoard food all over your apartment. this happened once w/ an open bag of chips and i was finding them for weeks afterward. all the shoes in the closet had a few in them

we also had a shitload of mice in an aquarium next to the big rat cage and one time a friend brought his new gf over and she pointed to the mice and asked if "these are going to get as big as those" and gestured to the rats

I can't imagine how much your clothes must have smelled

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
One of my classes in high school had rats and it always smelled horrible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

We Know Catheters posted:

One of my classes in high school had rats and it always smelled horrible.

night in the woods ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I can't imagine how much your clothes must have smelled

I knew a kid growing up that had at least three ferrets as pets, which had their own habitat constructed from the lower half of a bunk bed. So this kid slept on a miserable pile of musk.

• Locked thread