Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is EDGE a good source for game reviews? I started ignoring reviews ages ago because so many websites were garbage.

depends on how much you liked skyward sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's a new Mario game. You don't need to read reviews. It will never drop in price and it's going to be good. Stop making poo poo difficult and just buy it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://twitter.com/TKOWL/status/917977640253960192

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Kaubocks posted:

probably the best way to determine a review's worth is to read it and ask yourself how much you relate to the reviewer and whether or not the things they liked are things you also like and things they didn't like are things you also don't like

True facts, how objectively good a reviewer is 100% about how much they confirm your personal preconceptions

e: it's easy to be sarcastic but I'm bucking hard at the idea that reviews don't have worth if you disagree with them or the reviewer likes things you don't, it's a popular and toxic as hell concept

also now I'm not sure the post I am quoting was 100% serious, maybe we actually were both being disingenuous

Manky fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 11, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Given his recent showings I question Paper Mario's standing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

Given his recent showings I question Paper Mario's standing.

Colour Splash was great

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm cautiously optimistic that Odyssey will turn out decent after all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Improbable Lobster posted:

Colour Splash was great

Compared to sticker star

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Color splash is better than the original paper Mario, but it's no thousand year door. But that's not really a knock against color splash, that game is a masterpiece

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm so glad they ditched the Mario design from Melee with the hyper-realistic overalls.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

mot of EDGE'S 10/10 games are fairly good (both Bayonettas, BOTW, Last of Us) but some are extremely suspect. Littlebigplanet was so mediocre but clearly somebody really loved that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zelder posted:

Color splash is better than the original paper Mario, but it's no thousand year door. But that's not really a knock against color splash, that game is a masterpiece

Then whats 1kyd? A blessed masterpiece? They arent the same tier.

Also it isnt better than the original paper mario afaic

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Color Splash is the only Paper Mario I liked and is fantastic.

I'll get the cross.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

they're saying that thousand year door is a masterpiece, so saying a game isn't as good as ttyd isn't a knock against the game because very few games would hold up to a masterpiece

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Zelder posted:

This is a statement that I wholly do not agree with.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

The Paper Mario tier list is as follows
1. Thousand Year Door
2. Colour Splash
3. Paper Mario
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Sticker Star

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

1. Thousand Year Door
2. Colour Splash
3. Paper Mario
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Sticker Star

That but swap 1 and 3

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

1. Thousand Year Door
2. Paper Mario
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Colour Splash
5. Sticker Star

Honorable Mention: Paper Jam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

1. Thousand Year Door
2. Colour Splash
3. Paper Mario
4. Super Paper Mario
5. Sticker Star

No way is cs better than spm

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

No way is cs better than spm

It is

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Brought my switch to work w/ me today. So much Stardew.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I like Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario a whole lot and I still think Color Splash is the second best Paper Mario

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Nice.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

honestly i think i like the first paper mario the most

both it and thousand year door are great for different reasons, i think i just prefer the first

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
1. Thousand Year Door
2. Colour Splash
3. Paper Mario
4. Paper Jam
5. Sticker Star
9999. Super Paper Mario

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh america never got colour splash we only got bad game color splash. That must be the issue here

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

they're saying that thousand year door is a masterpiece, so saying a game isn't as good as ttyd isn't a knock against the game because very few games would hold up to a masterpiece

Thank you.

And super paper Mario is weird because it's an incredibly fun game to read and experience but it's not actually very much fun to play. Somehow it's still excellent though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Count bleck is my homeboy

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Real hurthling! posted:

Count bleck is my homeboy

lord blumiere did nothing wrong

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Frankston posted:

I've played my switch in public several times and not once has anyone come over to congratulate me or kick off a rad party, what gives?

Have you done it on a rooftop or at a b-ball court? I mean jeez pay attention to the instructional videos

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys im really loving excited about odyssey

thats a tough week for me

Odyssey, Destiny 2 PC, Wolfenstein II

god drat

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think I might take a day off for Mario. I'm excited.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
BRB, gonna go to a nearby rooftop bar and see what happens.

I can see it now, myself and one other person crowd around the tiny screen and play Mario Kart, squinting to make anything out. A crowd gathers around the bar, oblivious to us huddled around the perfect console, handheld, portable. The battery dies in short order since I forgot to charge it beforehand and it can't be charged in tabletop mode. They throw the controller down in rage and disgust, and storm off. Leaving me alone with my dead switch, having no way to engage people I jump off the roof in despair, plummeting to my death. The paramedics jury rig the defribrillator to charge the Switch and enjoy a game of Mario Kart on my corpse.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kaubocks posted:

probably the best way to determine a review's worth is to read it and ask yourself how much you relate to the reviewer and whether or not the things they liked are things you also like and things they didn't like are things you also don't like

Crap :( all this time I've been scrolling straight down to the score, getting angry about it for whatever reason, and then harassing the reviewer on Twitter.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

acksplode posted:

Crap :( all this time I've been scrolling straight down to the score, getting angry about it for whatever reason, and then harassing the reviewer on Twitter.

this is the second best way to determine a review's worth

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think I might take a day off for Mario. I'm excited.

If it really has as many moons as BotW has Korok seeds you'll need to quit your job and play Mario full time. That's my plan, certainly.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

dog nougat posted:

and it can't be charged in tabletop mode.

I just saved your night out and your life.

Man this console is so good. I've been buying new games every week since Steamworld Dig 2 came out (to go with BotW, Splatoon 2, and Rabbids).

Spellman
May 31, 2011

That stand is so loving good, I use it for everything

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's crazy to me that it has been about year since Odyssey's reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That but swap 1 and 3

:yeah:

People rag on Sticker Star and Color Splash for the gameplay but I still think the gameplay in those is above Super. Super made platforming boring which is something that should never happen with Mario.

• Locked thread