Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
What are the odds on Jared Fogle and Jerry Sandusky becoming GOP politicians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/918166957584678914

https://twitter.com/FRCdc/status/918178024272560128

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/918176389643190278

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/918174921599021056

https://twitter.com/toddstarnes/status/918164057726816256

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Does Todd not realize that this would be a net positive? Nobody wants bad caramel corn. They want Thin Mints!

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 11, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Angry_Ed posted:

Does Todd realize that this would be a net positive? Nobody wants bad caramel corn. They want Thin Mints!

Caramel Delight supremacy. Fight me.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

How dare they try to teach boys to respect women as people, fuckin libs

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

This is about transpeople, right? Not "girls?"

bird food bathtub posted:

Caramel Delight supremacy. Fight me.

Nothing wrong with the taste of the popcorn, but it's sold in such huge quantities that I can't afford it. Girl Scouts have the right idea by selling them in boxes that cost less than five dollars.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

The Boy Scouts are straight up allowing Girls to join and become Eagle Scouts. No Homosexuals or Aetheists (or Gay Aetheists) still.
source

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Angry_Ed posted:

The Boy Scouts are straight up allowing Girls to join and become Eagle Scouts. No Homosexuals or Aetheists (or Gay Aetheists) still.
source

They allowed gay people in last year, IIRC.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

They allowed gay people in last year, IIRC.

Huh, so they did. That's what I get for not paying attention. I guess that makes this a little less strange to me than initially thought.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 11, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Jurgan posted:

The decision to allow all male-identified individuals in was back in January of this year. Today they're announcing that girls are in too straight up.

The current plan is to allow girls into the entire Cub Scout program (i.e. ages 6-12) and they'll figure something out for the 12-18 age range that is the regular Boy Scouts. Before this, girls could join the Venturing program within the BSA, but that program's ages are 14-21.

Angry_Ed posted:

No Homosexuals or Aetheists (or Gay Aetheists) still.

They explicitly allowed gay children as of 2013 and gay adults for staff and leadership and all in 2015, that's what caused that lovely "Trail Life USA" group to form in the first place. Can't say as to people who worship the god of aesthetics though.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

the one that mentions tampons

Tampons are really good at absorbing liquid and a class of students at a robot contest was able to save their swimming robot by using tampons to fix a minor leak.

Also LOL at Male Fragility. Then again this is the group that can't make their own torch.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

That kid is wearing a Canadian cub scout uniform. I grew up in the scouting program in Canada as a kid and had just moved up from cubs to scouts when the program decided to allow girls join what had been an all-boys program prior to that. This would have been around 1993 or 94 if I recall correctly. We immediately had three girls join our troop (bringing our numbers to about 10, I think), who all joined because they found the girl guides program to be boring. None of us cared or felt that girls were ruining the program; they were all in classes with us at school anyways. The sky didn't fall then, and it hasn't since so I find it very funny that some ignorant far-right wretch is using a stock photo from a program that is a quarter century ahead of the one in his own country as some sort of insult.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
All I know is this guy I never heard of until 3 days ago is a HUGE player in Democratic politics and we should all care. Weinstein is loving being mentioned on every AM talk show just constantly. It's really loving weird to me.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I mean they say "having boys learn how to use tampons" like it's a bad thing. Maybe they could teach boys how to do make-up and bake cookies, too. Why the hell not?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

All I know is this guy I never heard of until 3 days ago is a HUGE player in Democratic politics and we should all care. Weinstein is loving being mentioned on every AM talk show just constantly. It's really loving weird to me.

It feels a lot like how Trump wouldn't shut up about Sidney Blumenthal and I kept thinking "who the gently caress is that, and why should I care"

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
On the way to work this morning I was listening to Chris Plante, who is obnoxiously smug and terrible even by the usual standard of conservative radio hosts. He did a long bit on how you should never ask a man what his favorite brand of peanut butter is, because all the major brands apparently sound effeminate or gay or something. He kept saying "Jif" as if we could all see the hilarity. He sucks, fragile masculinity sucks, just let the kids go camping and maybe they'll grow up and not have to police the peanut butter brands they eat.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
He should've considered if peanut butter is in itself an effeminate food item.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
to the absolute surprise of no one

https://twitter.com/Salon/status/918242400149147650

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao, "Megyn Kelley is a black hole of ratings"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

toanoradian posted:

I mean they say "having boys learn how to use tampons" like it's a bad thing. Maybe they could teach boys how to do make-up and bake cookies, too. Why the hell not?

Me knowing how to bake my grandmother's oatmeal raisin cookie recipe certainly did a lot to attract and keep my current girlfriend. :v: Some people are far too insecure in their masculinity and crave, ironically, safe spaces.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
And as Eddie Izzard pointed out, the military is a pretty big fan of "putting on makeup."

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ninja Bob posted:

On the way to work this morning I was listening to Chris Plante, who is obnoxiously smug and terrible even by the usual standard of conservative radio hosts. He did a long bit on how you should never ask a man what his favorite brand of peanut butter is, because all the major brands apparently sound effeminate or gay or something. He kept saying "Jif" as if we could all see the hilarity. He sucks, fragile masculinity sucks, just let the kids go camping and maybe they'll grow up and not have to police the peanut butter brands they eat.

Meat-paste: the only manly sandwich spread.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

It's too bad her numbers aren't even worse. She's got almost no charisma, no journalistic standards, and a history of bigotry. I'm surprised she didn't lose a full half of the audience for the morning show within a week.

I'd be willing to bet a good chunk of her numbers are just from habit/public televisions, and even that unfocused audience still hates her but doesn't bother to change the channel. If she keeps bleeding viewers like this, I expect she will get the boot before Christmas.

And even then it will probably be too late and NBC's morning lineup will have lovely ratings for years because people won't return to the channel that promoted such an untalented bigot for their headline morning show.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I was honestly shocked they would bump Al Roker from anything at NBC.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

BigRed0427 posted:

I was honestly shocked they would bump Al Roker from anything at NBC.

Who's going to tell people what's happening in their neck of the woods? :ohdear:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
or let us know when centenarians escape the cold grasp of the reaper for yet another year

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The melt down of right wing idiots over girls being allowed into the Boy Scouts is literally the same as a tantrum being thrown by a toddler about a girl in their No Girls Allowed pillow fort

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

or let us know when centenarians escape the cold grasp of the reaper for yet another year

Wait, does Al Roker fight off Grim Reapers?

Is he himself a Highlander?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
What if they're allowing girls to be in Boy Scouts so the Good Little Conservative Daughters don't go and join the progressive Girl Scouts instead? We all know once girls join the Girl Scouts they'll be inundated with liberal gay trans homo-femmo-muslim agenda with a helping of (lesbian?) cookies.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

toanoradian posted:

What if they're allowing girls to be in Boy Scouts so the Good Little Conservative Daughters don't go and join the progressive Girl Scouts instead? We all know once girls join the Girl Scouts they'll be inundated with liberal gay trans homo-femmo-muslim agenda with a helping of (lesbian?) cookies.

I guess it might be worth knowing who were pushing for this exactly if that's the case. But that seems little far fetched. I would think "Eww, Girls and Boys learning together" Would trump anything else.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They've been letting girls join the Boy Scouts since 1998 in Canada. Let that sink in.

NBC should just have Kathy Lee and Hoda in a picture-in-picture drunk dunking on Megyn MST3K-style while she fumbles through her show. It would help the ratings.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

They've been letting girls join the Boy Scouts since 1998 in Canada. Let that sink in.

NBC should just have Kathy Lee and Hoda in a picture-in-picture drunk dunking on Megyn MST3K-style while she fumbles through her show. It would help the ratings.

I'd watch that in a heartbeat. Need a drink counter in there somewhere as well.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Was Kelly always on NBC and not MSNBC?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

toanoradian posted:

it's because membership has been on the decline for years

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

PhazonLink posted:

Yes, however the network hired like 4 ex-Fox News people to go on MSNBC and that experiment is going just as poorly

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PhazonLink posted:

Both the Sunday show and Today are NBC. I don't think she's ever shown up on MSNBC. I doubt she will. Her stuff has been puff pieces where she openly expresses how little she knows about journalism. The MSNBC crew, for good or bad, are a bunch of politics and journalism nerds. She'd get eaten alive.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

nine-gear crow posted:

It was earlier than that. There were girls in the scout troop I was in as a kid in the early 90s, and according to this it was 1992: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2008/03/10/boy_scouts_have_changed.html

Not that it makes things any better. Welcome to the 20th century, BSA.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

Greta Van Susteren was on MSNBC for like literally six months but got fired after it became clear that people were literally flipping the channel to something else or turning off their TVs while her show was on and then immediately turning back to MSNBC once Hardball started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Greta Van Susteran may have seriously broke my MSNBC addiction I had since the campaigns. I just couldn't make it through her show and gradually I was able to just turn cable news off entirely for whole days at a time.

And then my phone buzzes and I realize I've missed chaos.