Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

D3 cain't play nobody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

DIII football owns

First place in the meat grinder that is the IIAC, Go Norse, Bitch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

tactlessbastard posted:

Do you mind elaborating?

https://www.si.com/longform/tebow/index.html

Check section 3 "Why was Tim Tebow at a bar with Aaron Hernandez?"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

Should have ran the dang bawl, imho

This, ad infinitum.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

tactlessbastard posted:

Should have ran the dang bawl, imho

My old team runs the triple option now and I am insanely jealous they didn't while I was there. Also they ripped off Boise's blue turf lol

E: well actually not ripped off I guess since they have a trademark on it and we had to get their permission but still

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 11, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

swickles posted:

I lived in Gainesville during the Urban years, and there was always rumors about shady rear end poo poo going down on his teams.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

How can you have a trademark on what color your grass is?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Randaconda posted:

I lived in Gainesville during the Urban years, and there was always rumors about shady rear end poo poo going down on his teams.

the fact that he bragged about only having "the top 10% of the top 10%" or something to that effect playing on his teams (and he meant top 10% in terms of people, not football players), made the obvious shady poo poo that surrounded the Florida football team (eye-gouging, anyone) even more infuriating.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Like a battered wife I'd take Urbz back in a heartbeat.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
After reading what Hernandez did while visiting UF before even being on the team, it's mindblowing he was still given a scholarship. The things people will overlook because people are good at a sport is incredible.

edit: that article also reminded me that Jason White won a heisman. what a joke of an award.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 11, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/20989848/auburn-hires-law-firm-investigate-allegations-tutor-took-final-exam-football-player

Hitz keep on coming for Jay Jacobs

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Neil Armbong posted:

edit: that article also reminded me that Jason White won a heisman. what a joke of an award.

Seems like a weird one to get upset about, Jason White was pretty drat good. Should Larry Fitzgerald have won? Yeah probably, but get real, it's the Heisman.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

There are way too many years when the Heisman just becomes an award for the highest Q score on the #1 team. I guess it's a side effect of having a season-long conversation steered by ESPN and eventually decided by a panel of sportswriters. If that sounds sad, consider that decision process is one of the less corrupt elements of college football nowadays.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

(eye-gouging, anyone)

Aww, poor Washaun Ealey. Back when being a benign degenerate was mandatory for UGA RBs.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Neil Armbong posted:

After reading what Hernandez did while visiting UF before even being on the team, it's mindblowing he was still given a scholarship. The things people will overlook because people are good at a sport is incredible.

When I was a little kid I witnessed the one-two punch of Andre Ware and Ty Detmer. It taught me from my earliest football memories not to trust that statue.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Charlie Ward earned his. :colbert:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jason White was really loving good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shame about those knees though

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crotch Bat posted:

There was a safety in D3 this week with 5 INTs. :staredog:

What team?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Jason White won his because he was very good at college football - the real travesty is Vince Young and Colt McCoy being denied their rightful place in the Heisman house.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
A D3 school cut a player for kneeling during the anthem :\

They decided to do a pre-anthem protest and nobody was allowed to deviate and this guy decided to do otherwise.

iospace posted:

What team?

Framingham State.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Sab0921 posted:

Jason White won his because he was very good at college football - the real travesty is Vince Young and Colt McCoy being denied their rightful place in the Heisman house.

Colt enh...Vince sure.

Suh remains the slight of the highest order for me.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
This whole new Clemson plays on a Friday night tradition needs to loving stop.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Mark Ingram won an Heisman entirely on the strength of 'Alabama hasn't had a Heisman winner'

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"Actually that loss doesn't count"

In Mark Dantonio's 3rd year at MSU he went 6-7.

I mean, I get it, lots of Michigan fans are annoying and acted like Harbaugh would win the national title every year from year 1. They were dumb though. This team won 5 games the year before Harbaugh got here. I'm sure at the time you were happy to talk about how Michigan sucked, had limited talent, and MSU was clearly the better team. And you weren't wrong.

So, I mean, no, I'm not really ready to say "actually our coach sucks and we're going to be bad forever" because we lost a game by 4 points after turning it over 5 times in a monsoon. Sorry. At least we lost with dignity or whatever

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I feel like this slapfight between lead poisoned fan bases distracts from the primary focus of this week. How much everyone hates OU because they're bad people.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

Ah yes, I forgot the details. Thanks.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Sab0921 posted:

I feel like this slapfight between lead poisoned fan bases distracts from the primary focus of this week. How much everyone hates OU because they're bad people.

woah woah woah lets not go so far as to call them 'people'

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I mean, I get it, lots of Michigan fans are annoying and acted like Harbaugh would win the national title every year from year 1. They were dumb though. This team won 5 games the year before Harbaugh got here. I'm sure at the time you were happy to talk about how Michigan sucked, had limited talent, and MSU was clearly the better team. And you weren't wrong.

So, I mean, no, I'm not really ready to say "actually our coach sucks and we're going to be bad forever" because we lost a game by 4 points after turning it over 5 times in a monsoon. Sorry. At least we lost with dignity or whatever

lmao Michigan is perpetually worthless

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn says that thing about the tutor taking someone's test for them is not now and was not then an active player, it was a former player finishing a degree.

(Now are Auburn tutors illegally taking actual players' tests for them? Of course! But if ESPN had actual sources on that they would have written about that and not whatever this poo poo was.)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Auburn says that thing about the tutor taking someone's test for them is not now and was not then an active player, it was a former player finishing a degree.

(Now are Auburn tutors illegally taking actual players' tests for them? Of course! But if ESPN had actual sources on that they would have written about that and not whatever this poo poo was.)

Yeah but an outside firm was hired to dig up dirt, so if they are doing it for a player who doesn't have to worry about academic eligibility, what will they do for ones that they need to keep eligible?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Did this nigga just say he lost with "dignity"? Lmao

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

vyst posted:

OKornsidelineflop.gif

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

vyst posted:

yeah dude pretty sure you lost with jim harbaugh

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Oh man I forgot about that article :stare:

The favoritism on the team was pretty poisonous, although I think it eventually cooled off.

[quote="“Adlai Stevenson”" post="“477285423”"]
When I was a little kid I witnessed the one-two punch of Andre Ware and Ty Detmer. It taught me from my earliest football memories not to trust that statue.
[/quote]

Although the Heisman lost legitimacy much much earlier (Hornung maybe?), the real moment it clicked how bullshit it is was when Grossman came in 2nd to Crouch.

Total. loving. Bullshit.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm not gonna create a thread for it, but Troy is looking lovely against S. Bama

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Scarf posted:

I'm not gonna create a thread for it, but Troy is looking lovely against S. Bama

Letdown game?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

Letdown game?

South Alabama definitely is better than their record would suggest though. I mean they beat MSU last year

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Grittybeard posted:

Letdown game?

I mean not for me... bad football is fun to watch when you have no dog in the hunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Catching up on some pages I missed. Lol at those Florida unis

• Locked thread