Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

I cut my nemesis carried over from the first game in half and he came back with the epithet "the machine," talking about being put back together better than before and how the synthesis of flesh and metal will beat me. then he beat my rear end with an exploding cursed quickfire crossbow
First of all, what the gently caress? Second of all, are you OK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I came across a mute orc that had his own little hype man that talked for him. I really like stuff like that, and I wish there was more of that aspect and less of listening to my ghost partner drone on and on about this ring I've already heard about nine thousand times.

I wish they'd ditched the LOTR universe entirely and went full blown comical evil high fantasy, and basically made Overlord III

they're also restrained to locations that are in LOTR. there were a lot of cool mechanics in the first game, like the speedboost parkour where you'd get momentum off hopping through obstacles and stuff, reading enemies minds for sentry positions, using combo points in fights to do big flashy finishing moves, etc. wish you could take the main character from this and their powers and put them in a better game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

come to think of it minus the parkour MGS5 does a lot of the things this game does but way better. also you can box slide in mgs5 or ride a big mech scooter around so there's that

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

What happened to frank

He's in the club

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I came across a mute orc that had his own little hype man that talked for him. I really like stuff like that, and I wish there was more of that aspect and less of listening to my ghost partner drone on and on about this ring I've already heard about nine thousand times.

I wish they'd ditched the LOTR universe entirely and went full blown comical evil high fantasy, and basically made Overlord III

Would you recommend it to someone that really loved the first one?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah it's basically the first one but bigger and better. the biggest issue so far if you played the first one is you have to go through a few hours of story before you get the ability to brand orcs again

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Would you recommend it to someone that really loved the first one?

I haven't really got to the important stuff (orc armies/sieges etc) yet, but so far it's definitely Shadow of Mordor 2

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[quote="“Lumpy the Cook”" post="“477276345”"]
I haven’t really got to the important stuff (orc armies/sieges etc) yet, but so far it’s definitely Shadow of Mordor 2
[/quote]
Is it worth the full price, or is it a "wait for used" game?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Well the good news is that it only takes 3 points to unlock that auto loot thing so I was able to get it immediately.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I ran into an orc earlier that could heal himself while you were busy attacking other enemies during a story mission with infinite enemies. Also, directly attacking him without doing a stun combo first did damage to you, and his normal attacks took off half your health.

He was definitely the toughest guy I've fought in either Mordor game, and I think it took almost half an hour to kill him, but it was really satisfying

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

This is the second-best game this year about leading an army of horrifying cockney monsters into battle (the first, of course, being Football Manager 2018)

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is the second-best game this year about leading an army of horrifying cockney monsters into battle (the first, of course, being Football Manager 2018)
lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

This is why I support Gamer Gate

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

This mass-murder game has taken a dark turn...

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

He's right though it'd be more fun if you played as an orc enslavijbg white people

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I definitely read all the cool gaming websites that are a single computer-related word in the Futura typeface, whose writers all hate video games and wanted to be novelists.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Beard-and-glasses "gaming culture" writer on Twitter: Soo... I wrote a thing...
Me: We're in a loving golden age.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

good stuff sir john feelgood

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mods rename that guy to sir win postsgood asap

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Silence Postgood

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Posting Like A Sir

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ting! Ping! Slyurrsh, gaaaah!! The sounds of my elven steel can be heard echoing across the battlefield, when a small waif of an orc captain named Paddock Klepekian the Wise, asks me one simple question: "Is this really the aesthetic you wish to lavish in?" A wokeness befell my soul, my cool sword w/elven letters that glow on it when I land a 15 hit combo dropped into the mud, never to see the light of day again.

That's when it all changed for me. I abruptly turned the game off and sat on the biggest dildo I could find.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ting! Ping! Slyurrsh, gaaaah!! The sounds of my elven steel can be heard echoing across the battlefield, when a small waif of an orc captain named Paddock Klepekian the Wise, asks me one simple question: "Is this really the aesthetic you wish to lavish in?" A wokeness befell my soul, my cool sword w/elven letters that glow on it when I land a 15 hit combo dropped into the mud, never to see the light of day again.

That's when it all changed for me. I abruptly turned the game off and sat on the biggest dildo I could find.
lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hahahaha

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here's the same basic article written at the same time by a different person also named Matt G.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Here's the same basic article written at the same time by a different person also named Matt G.

Why is the Kinja curse infecting every website

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

pseudo intellectualism is the new irony

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orc: You're just like Sauron

NPC: You're just like Sauron

Talion: I'm just like Sauron

Game hint popping up on a loading screen: You're just like Sauron

8,000 game journalists in unison: I was beginning to suspect I might be like Sauron

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

A web designer with a whitespace fetish made a pact with satan

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Orc: You're just like Sauron

NPC: You're just like Sauron

Talion: I'm just like Sauron

Game hint popping up on a loading screen: You're just like Sauron

8,000 game journalists in unison: I was beginning to suspect I might be like Sauron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

• Locked thread