Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

canepazzo posted:

Do you get to go back to Cirith Ungol and Minas Ithil? I finished act 1 with one of the celebrimbor challenges locked behind a skill I didn't have and a couple artefacts and Shelob memories uncollected. Are they lost?

You can go back literally any time. Just go to the world map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Oh my loving god :negative: This can happen? (nemesis system spoiler)

The game has gotten me more times than i care to remember with it's unconventional jumpscares, popping this across my screen as i enter a really spooky deserted cave with ominous music thinking i better have my bodyguard with me! is up there among the best.

(if the picture looks lovely it's cause i had to add more lightning to it, cave was super dark and i play on too low gamma i think)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, anybody else here been attacked by orc captains with BODY DOUBLES?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZwMAhJXAY

I know he's a Dark Trickster but I didn't expect him to, you know, TRICK me.

I appreciate that if you summon a band of followers, they can stealth kill too if you're in stealth, so you can do like synchronized takedowns if you're good. I also appreciate stealth caragor kills, one of the better Mordor 1 ideas they had in the DLC they should have had in the base game. (It was a pleasant surprise that in Minas Ithil your followers are human soldiers, I kinda liked that)

Really the hardest thing to get used to now isn't that Draining is the way to recover health, it's that you have to choose between draining dominating orcs OR draining giving you elf-shot back (and exploding their heads), not both.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 11, 2017

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Shumagorath posted:

What the loving do you even do to uruks who adapt to every weakness they have in combat (like Savages blocking stun and vault)? Turn the difficulty down to Normal? I don't have nearly enough elf shot / focus for this poo poo.

One fight took me like half an hour because it consisted of me fighting one of these guys just taking potshots at them occasionally as I whittled down their reinforcements and looked for environment stuff to help me out. I was finally able to call a drake with one of them and burn him to death. I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't able to be burnt. Still be fighting him I guess.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Shumagorath posted:

What the loving do you even do to uruks who adapt to every weakness they have in combat (like Savages blocking stun and vault)? Turn the difficulty down to Normal? I don't have nearly enough elf shot / focus for this poo poo.

I had to bump the difficulty down during (End Act1) my nemesis fight in the arena because the fucker was unkillable. Extra health, immune to ranged, rapid fire poison crossbow. The grunts never stopped swarming but if I tried to build might or drain them he would just kill me with one salvo. He was supposedly afraid of caragors but he also had beast killer and they never managed to attack him without getting tied up on the grunts anyway. If I shot a barrel he just became enraged. I tried to fight him on nemesis difficulty 6 or 7 times but I turned down the difficulty because I was tired of being forced to sit through his 30 seconds of speech after every death.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Alright Nemesis difficulty - you win. I'm going down to Normal until I have more crowd control and variety.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Did he try to fight you after saying it, or sit beside you and spectate?

Sadly, the Captain fight ended right after the watcher appeared so I didn't have time to see.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Nechronic posted:

I had to bump the difficulty down during (End Act1) my nemesis fight in the arena because the fucker was unkillable. Extra health, immune to ranged, rapid fire poison crossbow. The grunts never stopped swarming but if I tried to build might or drain them he would just kill me with one salvo. He was supposedly afraid of caragors but he also had beast killer and they never managed to attack him without getting tied up on the grunts anyway. If I shot a barrel he just became enraged. I tried to fight him on nemesis difficulty 6 or 7 times but I turned down the difficulty because I was tired of being forced to sit through his 30 seconds of speech after every death.

I had this happen, but he had health regeneration as well as a shield, meaning any time I disengaged he would heal to full. Notable takeaway, however: leaving and redoing a mission will change the properties the guy has, and after a few restarts I finally got a combination that was defeatable.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I found a cloak which puts me in forced stealth after a last chance. It's real useful. Case in point, I was doing an online Vendetta when everything went to poo poo with multiple captains appearing and an absolute fuckton of orks and olags joining in as well as the target. Massive fight ensues, extra captains die, olags die, but my health is so low. Target hits me, last chance, I go invisible and stealth kill the remaining orks, draining the last one, stealth fades and I execute the target (who was immune to stealth). Can't kill the gravewalker, fuckos!

One thing about combat is bothering me though, and it's that ground executions don't actually kill the orks until the animation is fully complete. Ok, I jump on a dude, ram my sword into his head-ohshit another ork is swinging at me-parry! and dude shrugs off his stabbed head and jumps back up. I do have the skill to make ground executions faster, but I still get interrupted a fair bit.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That's a thing in the first game, too. Annoying, but I see why they'd put it in -- if an orc stabs you in the back it's hard to stab his buddy.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dongattack posted:

Oh my loving god :negative: This can happen? (nemesis system spoiler)

The game has gotten me more times than i care to remember with it's unconventional jumpscares, popping this across my screen as i enter a really spooky deserted cave with ominous music thinking i better have my bodyguard with me! is up there among the best.

(if the picture looks lovely it's cause i had to add more lightning to it, cave was super dark and i play on too low gamma i think)

it can also happen when you summon a caragor :ssh:

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I'm looking to buy this but can't decide between pc and Xbox one. I'm on a system with a 1050TI (4gb) and an i5, so I'll probably end up running at medium/high and having a stableish frame rate. Would that be better or worse than what the Xbox one s offers?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

I found a cloak which puts me in forced stealth after a last chance. It's real useful. Case in point, I was doing an online Vendetta when everything went to poo poo with multiple captains appearing and an absolute fuckton of orks and olags joining in as well as the target. Massive fight ensues, extra captains die, olags die, but my health is so low. Target hits me, last chance, I go invisible and stealth kill the remaining orks, draining the last one, stealth fades and I execute the target (who was immune to stealth). Can't kill the gravewalker, fuckos!

One thing about combat is bothering me though, and it's that ground executions don't actually kill the orks until the animation is fully complete. Ok, I jump on a dude, ram my sword into his head-ohshit another ork is swinging at me-parry! and dude shrugs off his stabbed head and jumps back up. I do have the skill to make ground executions faster, but I still get interrupted a fair bit.

Wraith Shield is maybe the best new skill.

E: I'm doing a mission to poison grog barrels, so the upgrade I have makes people explode in poison clouds when they die from poison. Additonally, I have the legendary armor that makes defeated orcs have a chance to explode in a massive fireball. Poison counts as defeating them. :getin:

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 12, 2017

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Sextro posted:

I'm looking to buy this but can't decide between pc and Xbox one. I'm on a system with a 1050TI (4gb) and an i5, so I'll probably end up running at medium/high and having a stableish frame rate. Would that be better or worse than what the Xbox one s offers?

You get both versions if you buy on Xbox One sooooooooooooo

It's not on Steam, it's on Windows Store, but still. I haven't had any problems with the Windows Store version after some initial trouble installing, so seems like a good port.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

VanillaGorilla posted:

You get both versions if you buy on Xbox One sooooooooooooo

It's not on Steam, it's on Windows Store, but still. I haven't had any problems with the Windows Store version after some initial trouble installing, so seems like a good port.

Also I've an GameStop store credit to burn, so. Does that count for physical copies too?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Sextro posted:

Also I've an GameStop store credit to burn, so. Does that count for physical copies too?

The Play Anywhere site seems to indicate that it's for digital purchases only, unfortunately: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Can you buy a gift card for the Xbox Live Store using your Gamestop credit?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

VanillaGorilla posted:

The Play Anywhere site seems to indicate that it's for digital purchases only, unfortunately: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Can you buy a gift card for the Xbox Live Store using your Gamestop credit?

Yes! Probably. Brilliant! Maybe.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I was fighting my nemesis in the arena and after a long grueling fight where I nearly had him, he dropped dead of “Doomed”

Anyone know what that means? I don’t think I can curse and that’s all I can think of.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How far into the game do you unlock the shaming insanity chance? It's locked behind a bruz quest and I just captured the first fortress and there are no more bruz quests for me after the fighting pit.

It takes a while, I was level 40 by the time I got to that point.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I drew something at work to tide me over

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How far into the game do you unlock the shaming insanity chance? It's locked behind a bruz quest and I just captured the first fortress and there are no more bruz quests for me after the fighting pit.

His next quest opens up after you conquer two more regions.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Orv posted:

E: I'm doing a mission to poison grog barrels, so the upgrade I have makes people explode in poison clouds when they die from poison. Additonally, I have the legendary armor that makes defeated orcs have a chance to explode in a massive fireball. Poison counts as defeating them. :getin:

Sounds hilarious :D

I seem to have become a kink:

:kimchi:

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Is there anything I’m missing out on if I’m playing without PlayStation plus? I got a few online vendettas so I’m not sure if I should subscribe or not.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zore posted:

His next quest opens up after you conquer two more regions.

Actually no, it opens after you do some other story missions.
I finished his quest line after only having captured one region.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

All this talk of sweet gear. My current fav is a legendary sword that adds an explosive attack to every glaive swing.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I kept my poison sword for as long as I possibly could. It was too good. Finally had to upgrade to complete a set. Man I miss that poison sword.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So it's my experience that the microtransactions are basically a non issue in regards to intrusion. But I still see some people like a new Jimquisition episode talking about them like they still are. Am I just not seeing the big deal or is this a case of people being mad about the idea of microtransaction without actually seeing how it's implemented?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Spikeguy posted:

So it's my experience that the microtransactions are basically a non issue in regards to intrusion. But I still see some people like a new Jimquisition episode talking about them like they still are. Am I just not seeing the big deal or is this a case of people being mad about the idea of microtransaction without actually seeing how it's implemented?

They're just being mad. The game shits crates and resources to get crates on you fairly frequently. Vendetta missions are a solid way of getting them, and a buddy knocked out my fortress and got 500 gold for it.

To say nothing of all the epic and legendary orcs running around.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

Jim Sterling blowing something out of proportion? Wow, what an unprecedented thing. :effort:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
So, a Captain was raiding the Caragor pens of a Captain afraid of Caragors when a Gondorian Sergeant decides to ambush the raid Captain. So, the Caragor-fearing Captain gets away, which is the one I wanted dead because he's a Warchief bodyguard, but a third Captain comes out of nowhere and gets killed in the process.

But then the Caragor-fearing Captain got into a duel with a tough spider Captain who dismantled him in seconds. More time was spent on the death screen than the fight.

Also if you kill a guy with a stun, it counts as "Purified" apparently, so I'm looking forward to if another Captain comes back from that.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 12, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If you get a Vendetta mission for Beardbarian, that mission will crash your game. Guy is weak as hell, but he crashed five people so far. Don't bother with it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Well trying to posts pictures on your phone sucks but now that im home i can do it right

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Ok, so the 20 hitstreak battle at the gate with the drake is bullshit on Nemesis thanks to no indicators that you're about to get range attacked by 1+ of the dozens of guys nearby. Also, the Nazgul fight when dude dies giving Sauron the palantir is kinda frustrating.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
How many regions are there in this? I'm almost through act 2, and really hoping more come. Gorgoroth and Cirith Ungol are really boring and drab compared to the others, and they're almost 2/3 of the game so far. Feel free to spoiler that poo poo for people who don't want to know, I guess.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Hihohe posted:

Well trying to posts pictures on your phone sucks but now that im home i can do it right

This deserves to be in the OP.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Capn Beeb posted:

They're just being mad. The game shits crates and resources to get crates on you fairly frequently. Vendetta missions are a solid way of getting them, and a buddy knocked out my fortress and got 500 gold for it.

To say nothing of all the epic and legendary orcs running around.

I just want to see if what that reviewer said is true (not Jim) about the end game being a grind where you die to random orks, hope it rolls a good modifier, and then constantly groom it so it doesn't just randomly get a modifer like instantly dies [replace with action / event that happens all the time]

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 12, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dimo ArKacho posted:

How many regions are there in this? I'm almost through act 2, and really hoping more come. Gorgoroth and Cirith Ungol are really boring and drab compared to the others, and they're almost 2/3 of the game so far. Feel free to spoiler that poo poo for people who don't want to know, I guess.

5 regions.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My first none story recruit into my glorious new army was some dude who rustled Caragors and spent all his time raiding pens, then he betrayed me for no particular reason and I cut him in half.

Not long after that he came back, rebuilt into a cyborg and swore eternal vengeance with his new legendary title and massive entourage. But that's okay because his flammable rear end is perfectly weak to my best friend and body guard Rash Night-Bringer(the night protects him) and his ye old rocket propelled grenade launcher.

This is some good poo poo.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good

Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Im super terrible at this, if I keep dying the game is gonna just get harder? Should I just play easy?

• Locked thread