Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I could do without Misora's crush deal, but also it makes sense cause who else is she gonna meet in her shut in life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
We have new toys!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Those are some uh, interesting Best Matches

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I like the trash compactor belt with the foil pouches, it's a lot of fun.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Kamen Rider Grease is my favourite name. Super Rabbit Tank looks slick as gently caress.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
don't you see what this means? it is the birth of kamen rider gummy!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
RIP Faust's really nice chair.

I also like how Banjo is fully a secondary Rider at this point, and his midseason upgrade is just going to be him actually getting his belt.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm guessing Grease is a rider from another country and the new monster types are their research into the nebula gas and their color appropriate panels of the pandora's box.

This is gonna end in a war

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Well after multiple weeks and a new thread starting it's time to return to watching Nexus, at last.
and Nagi continues being Very willing to shoot first. :munch:
Edit: isn't this basically the plot of tremors?. Monster dragging people underground and killing them?
Edit: IS THAT A SECOND ULTRA?!
Edit: and suddenly Himeya was a persona protagonist because he's getting attacked hy something calling it'self his shadow :munch:
Edit: annd apparently Nexus can change sizes. Good to know
Edit: Oh Good we're in the Shadow relm now. Sadly this is not a card game anime being dubbed by 4kids
Edit: oh boy Ep 8's title is Memory Police. Time to brace for heartbreak
Edit: annd yup :smith:
Edit: truely horrifying reality, -oh jesus :stare:
Edit: huh he's only known Riko six months. It looks like -okay that's a good reason to not have met her family yet
Edit: and then Komon's nice date was interrupted by work. but first more cute scenes with Komon and Riko. i have Such a bad feeling
Edit: WHAT DID ULTRAMAN DO TO YOU PEOPLE
Edit: don't really have much to say about ep 10 other than that i'm digging it so far, and oh boy something went Down with Riko
Edit: Oh Komon you poor naive dumbass :smith:
Edit: WHAT THE gently caress (beginning of episode 11)
Edit: Oh poo poo i think i hit the Backwards scene :allears:
Edit: Oh god, oh god. :suspense:
Edit: WHAT THE gently caress :suspense:
Edit: WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress :stonk:
Edit: Oh No :gonk:
Edit: Poor Poor Komon :smith:
Edit: -okay i'm a dumbass the gently caress did Shinya Do. (Episode 12)
Edit: NEXUS NO NOT MORE SAD TIMES, BUT NOW WITH CHILDREN :stonk: I JUST GOT THROUGH THE KOMON PAIN HOUR

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 9, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nexus is the best Ultraman. RIP the kickin theme from the first season.

Anyone know where I can score episodes of Garo? I checked Anidex and the OP is bit outdated for links.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nexus might have more bad things happening in it than any other Toku series that wasn't explicitly aimed at adults

And even THEN.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the only thing that coulda made Nexus darker is if they ran a PSTD subplot. Even then the series gets into interesting murky waters but still keeps to the Ultraman mythos.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so uh, no one is gonna address how banjou was willing to kill a man to prove that he didn't kill anyone? he said sorry and that was the end of it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He's not the brightest crayon in the box.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so uh, no one is gonna address how banjou was willing to kill a man to prove that he didn't kill anyone? he said sorry and that was the end of it.

I don't think he thought that far ahead. He needed a Smash to get to Faust and Tatsuya worked just fine, afterwards...who knows? Sento would take care of it, maybe, probably, sure.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Sento also mentions the dragon is making banjo angrier due to a chemical reaction or something, which might make him more gung ho about proving his innocence at all costs.

I was about to say "they're already doing that trope" but come to think, they don't really do the power up that makes you more aggressive that you must master so you're using it and not the other way around that often.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
I hate the cum armor kamen rider so much, I don't want to see him debut

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kamen rider cummy

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

hey guys, question. Does anyone remember if Nico has access to her Ride Player Gashat after the finale of Ex-Aid, or did that go away when Kamen Rider Chronicle was cleared? I can't recall.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TFRazorsaw posted:

hey guys, question. Does anyone remember if Nico has access to her Ride Player Gashat after the finale of Ex-Aid, or did that go away when Kamen Rider Chronicle was cleared? I can't recall.

Chronicle still has powers after the final battle given Masamune's last seen moments, and the home movies might touch on that. However, the copies of Chronicle itself were likely seized by the government since the whole thing was a public health issue, and I don't think BurgerDad has any intention of printing more.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Craptacular! posted:

Chronicle still has powers after the final battle given Masamune's last seen moments, and the home movies might touch on that. However, the copies of Chronicle itself were likely seized by the government since the whole thing was a public health issue, and I don't think BurgerDad has any intention of printing more.
This post is a wild ride for someone who doesn't know anything about Ex-Aide

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so Nico probably could have kept her if she were the kind of person who'd hide it and didn't want to lose her special powers.

good thing she's absolutely that kind of person.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I like Bloodstalk because he's so cheery about conducting illegal, deadly experiments on random people.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

RealFoxy posted:

This post is a wild ride for someone who doesn't know anything about Ex-Aide

Are you complaining that I'm not using spoiler tags? Because it's an old season. I'd do differently for Build.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

Are you complaining that I'm not using spoiler tags? Because it's an old season. I'd do differently for Build.

I think it's less spoilers and more things like "games seized by the government" and "President BurgerDad" are absurd to read without context so it's funny.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Craptacular! posted:

CP9 is right just reading that sentence with just passing knowledge it's about video games is :psyduck:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Remember how we were worried that Super Hero Time being in the same time slot as Dragon Ball and One Piece would hurt it?

https://twitter.com/ErrenVanDuine/status/918284068080508929

I think we're gonna be fine.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

merchandise sales are more important for both franchises anyway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember how we were worried that Super Hero Time being in the same time slot as Dragon Ball and One Piece would hurt it?

I thought the change over wasn't going to happen until later

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Burkion posted:

I thought the change over wasn't going to happen until later

The time slot change occured on October 1st.

Sentai Clock is dead, long live Sentai Clock.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Waffleman_ posted:

Oooooof. RIP Goku.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
That's probably for a multitude of factors; the TOP has not exactly been the best arc of Dragonball Super, while Kamen Rider and Sentai have been on fire and doing their best to be interesting lately.

While the Special was good it's more surprising it was then it wasn't, while Kamen and Sentai both have had pretty good episodes lately.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Let's not oversell or cast doom and gloom too much here. This kind of thing was probably very much foreseen by the people in charge, and DBS is still one of the highest rated programs in its demographic. All in all they probably thought this was a good weekend for DB and toku both.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watching GARO, 16 episodes in, and everyone on this show needs fuckin therapy. Great stuff.

E: ok I finished the series. Its been a while since I've been this fuckin jazzed about a show. The writing was phenomenal. I went from Space Sheriff Gavan to this and it was like night and day how the story was told. Everything made sense and they did neat little tweaks to the show formula, big stuff to me. The handling of women was kinda rough handed but no worse than any VHS slasher fic.

coconono fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 14, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

coconono posted:

but no worse than any VHS slasher fic.
Setting the bar real low there.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is there any divide between Kuroto's actor and Kuroto himself anymore?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

coconono posted:

Watching GARO, 16 episodes in, and everyone on this show needs fuckin therapy. Great stuff.

E: ok I finished the series. Its been a while since I've been this fuckin jazzed about a show. The writing was phenomenal. I went from Space Sheriff Gavan to this and it was like night and day how the story was told. Everything made sense and they did neat little tweaks to the show formula, big stuff to me. The handling of women was kinda rough handed but no worse than any VHS slasher fic.

If you want GARO, but with at least one woman being treated very well, I fully recommend the first anime. It's really, really good.

I watched the movie recently because I was searching for Vanishing Line and saw it was subbed and it works very well as an epilogue to the series too. Everything about that anime is good and worth watching.

Also I watched Vanishing Line's first ep. Sword sure is different from your usual Garo, but I can't say I disagree with giant beefcake motorbike-riding wrestler with a love for the fine things in life (boobs). The fighting scenes were top-notch as well and the animation was superb...so much that I really hope that it's just budget and it goes down next episode because the motorbike Garo-Horror fighting scene left me feeling sick with how much movement it had.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PMush Perfect posted:

Setting the bar real low there.

I'm just sayin this stuff seems written for people into boobies, gore and no pesky womanly backtalk.

I might take a break from GARO stuff to check out some Kamen Rider stuff. Amazons look neat. I tried ExAid but it was too shiny and happy for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, it is a children's show.