Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Apparently Kim Davis traveled to Romania to convince their Government to ban Gay Rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
Quick, add Romania to the travel ban!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Apparently Kim Davis traveled to Romania to convince their Government to ban Gay Rights.

I realize TYOOL 2017 has been incredibly stupid but, that is crazy.

I worked with Romanians in Afghanistan and they were pretty chill and professional. They put out a great spread of food and history for their national day.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Nick Soapdish posted:

I worked with Romanians in Afghanistan and they were pretty chill and professional. They put out a great spread of food and history for their national day.

Did they impale a bunch of rats and leave them around the perimeter?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nick Soapdish posted:

Yeah. But how gay were they????

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Did they impale a bunch of rats and leave them around the perimeter?

Say what you will about Vlad he stopped them loving Turks dead in their tracks

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Yeah. But how gay were they????

They played hardcore naked grabass in the showers. Not gay though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

They played hardcore naked grabass in the showers. Not gay though.

I asked about the Romanian army not the US Military, which was and still is the most homoerotic organization I've ever been a part of.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

quote:

Instead, Trump has sat down for friendly conversations with Sean Hannity and Mike Huckabee, whose daughter is Trump’s press secretary

genuinely did not know that Huckabee-Sanders was the daughter of Mike Huckabee, that's hilarious and perfect in equal measure

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Here's something y'all should like.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
I'm listening to your president speaking live on the net. I think it might be making me retarded.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Alabama Senate candidate and renowned shitlord Roy Moore apparently used his charity to personally enrich himself to the tune of millions of dollars. The charity conveniently forgot to disclose most of this and was audited by the IRS.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...m=.b826ce14ef2e

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Alabama Senate candidate and renowned shitlord Roy Moore apparently used his charity to personally enrich himself to the tune of millions of dollars. The charity conveniently forgot to disclose most of this and was audited by the IRS.

Probably not enough to prevent him from getting elected. Would be funny if things got close and Two Scoops goes and doubles down on him though. This is Donny's favorite scam after all.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

psydude posted:

Today I learned that "millenniums" is a word.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

Today I learned that "millenniums" is a word.

In a kind of hipster way.
https://books.google.com/ngrams/gra...leniums%3B%2Cc0

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Casimir Radon posted:

Probably not enough to prevent him from getting elected. Would be funny if things got close and Two Scoops goes and doubles down on him though. This is Donny's favorite scam after all.

A man literally (in the classic sense) bodyslammed a reporter and still got elected to the house of representatives. The above will just be seen as "good business sense".

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Right but reporters are know it all college libs and they are fags so it was actually good :)

One day I will learn to not read comments on stories

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Comment sections are my drug. But not the good drug like weed, rather the addictive and life ruining drug like meth.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

USS Shiloh's actual command climate surveys found their way into the hands of CNN via a FOIA request

quote:

According to the obtained surveys only 31% of the sailors who responded to the survey said yes to the prompt: "I trust that my organization's leadership will treat me fairly," compared to 63% under the previous commanding officer.

Additionally, only 37% agreed with the statement "I feel motivated to give my best efforts to the mission of the organization," compared to 69% agreeing to the statement under the previous leadership.

same ship that had a dude hide out for a week when they thought he went overboard

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oh yeah also CO and XO of USS McCain relieved today

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Apparently, they are now looking at that home made sub nutter for at least one other murder. Some Japanese woman was murdered and found dismembered in bags in Copenhagen harbour in 1986. They are also combining the unsolved murder DNA databases in Norway and Sweden because they think he has been at it a while.

Evidently he was chatty until they asked him about a couple of other unsolved murders with similar dismemberment and he has refused to talk to investigators since.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Comment sections are my drug. But not the good drug like weed, rather the addictive and life ruining drug like meth.
Or as TCC calls it. "Not a big deal"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Spacman posted:

Apparently, they are now looking at that home made sub nutter for at least one other murder. Some Japanese woman was murdered and found dismembered in bags in Copenhagen harbour in 1986. They are also combining the unsolved murder DNA databases in Norway and Sweden because they think he has been at it a while.

Evidently he was chatty until they asked him about a couple of other unsolved murders with similar dismemberment and he has refused to talk to investigators since.

I think it's great that serial killers are pushing themselves to accomplish things like handcrafting a working submarine

So many of these guys just come across as one note

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

If comment sections are like meth, then what's a craigslist reading habit?

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Spacman posted:

Born in '71 so he would have been 15 at the time...wouldn't be the first teen serial killer but still pretty f'd up if turns out to have been him.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

[quote="“LITERALLY SHAKING”" post="“477295614”"]
If comment sections are like meth, then what’s a craigslist reading habit?
[/quote]

bath salts

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The principles of sovereign debt are very complicated and rest on many factors and really depen-

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/918296242660302848

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/918283026118922246

:thunk:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

facialimpediment posted:

The principles of sovereign debt are very complicated and rest on many factors and really depen-

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/918296242660302848

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/918283026118922246

:thunk:

Did...did he just nationalize the New York Stock Exchange?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Boy I'm happy I'm not working at the White House

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Why? The food is probably pretty good, and it's literally impossible for anyone to tell if you're a good job or not at this point.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Sonoma/Napa fires are still going. One is currently within spitting distance of Fairfield, a pretty large town at the edge of the bay. There are reports that high winds knocked down trees and power lines, PG&E has confirmed this but denied responsibility and they are still investigating the cause.

Happy to report ~3% containment. It's a start.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

If comment sections are like meth, then what's a craigslist reading habit?

Poppers

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Casimir Radon posted:

Or as TCC calls it. "Not a big deal"

Anytime I see someone mention TCC I just remember "Da jooose" saga. Man, that was some funny poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Do explain for those of us who no longer leave GiP....

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

TCC discovered Phenazepam. Bad things happened.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/918319637296803840

Trump apparently believes the magic missile defense shield gives him free reign in Korea since 'you fire two and you're gonna get it'.

If I were a Lockheed/Raytheon exec right now I'd better hope my systems live up to the advertising.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

DoktorLoken posted:

Da joose is loose!
Click for stories of folks ruining their lives and trying to buy pianos in a blackout fugue.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The goon buying the piano and not remembering that he did it was my favorite one.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Dead Reckoning posted:

Da joose is loose!
Click for stories of folks ruining their lives and trying to buy pianos in a blackout fugue.

:stonklol: Does the CIA even need MK ULTRA anymore? Much better results watching people attempt to function outside of a lab environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dead Reckoning posted:

Da joose is loose!

That's quite genuinely one of the best threads I've ever read. In other current events, we made it to fiji. Take That, USN!

• Locked thread