Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I know if you're going to do them loving look yourself in the eyes and lick your lips while you get that sweet loving pump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I get all my arm work from deadlifts, weighted chinups, pullups, dips and farmers walks. Im worried if i isolate my biceps ill tear them with heavy deadz.

E: btw does anyone follow brad castleberry on instagram hahahahahahahah

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 11, 2017

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Curls will actually make you less likely to tear them from deadlifting.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sludge Tank posted:

I get all my arm work from deadlifts, weighted chinups, pullups, dips and farmers walks. Im worried if i isolate my biceps ill tear them with heavy deadz.

E: btw does anyone follow brad castleberry on instagram hahahahahahahah

No, what's funny about brad

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
ive been doing a combo set of bjj and kickboxing classes with my son the last few weeks and have been thoroughly been getting wore the gently caress out

feels good man

Khorne
May 1, 2002
If you aren't hitting arms everytime you're at the gym you're a failure to your gender. Whatever that gender may be.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

If you aren't hitting arms everytime you're at the gym you're a failure to your gender. Whatever that gender may be.

Lol if you haven't realized that vanity is the only thing that matters. Once you accept this then RP's spreadsheet where you do arms/shoulders every day 6 days a week and totally neglect your lower body feels good and is good

Dong Quixote fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 11, 2017

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Dong Quixote posted:

Lol if you haven't realized that vanity is the only thing that matters. Once you accept this then RP's spreadsheet where you do arms/shoulders every day 6 days a week and totally neglect your lower body feels good and is good

Sounds great to me, for some reason at the moment if I try to go higher than 100kg on my squat I start to feel like I'm going to pass out. Pretty sure it's not a breathing thing, maybe it's a 'this feels sort of heavy now thing'.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Go a cancellation letter (good on you for following policy dude) that asks that we "please do the needful."

If five minutes of bench press guy shows up again I'll do the needful and post what he brought to eat today, I got money on BK, it's close.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 11, 2017

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dong Quixote posted:

Just toss a curl superset in somewhere if it isn't a day you're isolating triceps. I wasn't advocating not doing all the good lifts.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

No, what's funny about brad

The guy's narcissism and behaviour is loving hilarious/pathetic. The dude is swole as all gently caress but he just has the planet's hugest gym bro douchebag personality of all time.

Also on his instagram story he films himself driving around with his kids (whilst driving), which is :smith: and loving dumb as gently caress. can't take the camera off himself for more than 5 mins.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Dum Cumpster posted:

Curls will actually make you less likely to tear them from deadlifting.

Really? I was of the impression that curls had the potential to shorten the muscle thus increasing the risk of tear.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Sludge Tank posted:

Really? I was of the impression that curls had the potential to shorten the muscle thus increasing the risk of tear.

As long as you're doing them with full range of motion you're more likely to be strengthening the tendons you're at risk of tearing.

If they're getting so big that you can't keep your arms straight thanks to chemical assistance then you're running into other risks anyway.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I saw generation iron 2 today and watching Kai Greene doing an improv class was something else, I tell ya.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Since I'm not a very athletic person and am fairly weak (think benching 45 kg total dumbbells, 6x3), should I focus on building up more strength first with the classic Stronglifts/Starting Strength then move on to isolation workouts for muscle growth, or just do isolations anyway and forget about building up strength? I don't have time to do both every other day.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Forget everything and start doing 5/3/1 inmediately.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
That actually seems like a really simple workout plan to follow, perfect for me I guess.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
5/3/1 requires you to know your 1RM and moves way slower than a noob can progress. why not do SS for a few months?

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
E: nvm

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 11, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pretty sure I only gave my wrist a quality sprain. Still don't have full rom but was able to ohp yesterday and got a pretty full back workout in today. I think my arms and deadlift will take the biggest hits.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

You actually have the ability to moderate your workout so you don't suffer so much the first few days coming back

Like yes it's possible to go workout at 50-60% intensity and not be sore for a week

weird but it works

How am I going to get back my gainz if I don't go full throttle? No, seriously I went about 60-75% what I normally do. It's almost like I didn't have the opportunity to work out while jumping from country to country.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

ham_sanitizer posted:

5/3/1 requires you to know your 1RM and moves way slower than a noob can progress. why not do SS for a few months?

I think I'll actually try the basic Push-Pull-Legs routine because it usually doesn't involve power cleans like SS does.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Turned 34 and pulled 525 after not training heavy for a few months. Don't have to kill myself yet. Then again my knee is kinda hosed for no reason so my time might be up soon. :rip:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Turning 34 in two months. Ate 7 eggs today.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
do arms everyday, it owns.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That's what I was doing instead of lifting heavy. It did indeed own.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

ham_sanitizer posted:

you can just make your training max a weight you know you can do 5 reps for and that's good enough.

also for my deload on bench day I wound up doing 135x5,155x3,165x3,175x2, then a couple sets of bicep curls, face pulls, and lateral raises. plus a few pull ups. Felt like I was getting a break, yet maintaining everything.

also I have an appointment with my urologist friday and now that my liver enzymes are down to good levels I'm going to see if he will finally give me injectable T now. The Clomid seems like it helps...a tiny bit. A little less fatigue, less injuries. But my sex drive is still trash and what's the point of getting swole without a sex drive

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Robert Red Rocket posted:

I think I'll actually try the basic Push-Pull-Legs routine because it usually doesn't involve power cleans like SS does.

Push/Pull/Legs or other bro splits are bad and inefficient

Just do Greyskull or Starting Strength but substitute barbell rows for power cleans. Rippetoe is a real weirdo about power cleans, ignore him if you aren't literally a hockey player or whatever.

Also do curls every day

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Defiant Sally posted:

do arms everyday, it owns.

Because :jackbud: doesn't count, apparently.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not unless you've got some kind of next level double arm technique

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Data Graham posted:

someone here find one, report back

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

MikeCrotch posted:

Push/Pull/Legs or other bro splits are bad and inefficient

Just do Greyskull or Starting Strength but substitute barbell rows for power cleans. Rippetoe is a real weirdo about power cleans, ignore him if you aren't literally a hockey player or whatever.

Also do curls every day

I thought PPL was the only good split besides upper lower

+1 to everything else you said

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Data Graham posted:

There is one, it just takes two other guys to do.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Compound lifts every loving day.

Only isolation exercise is isolating yourself from the world and crying yourself to sleep into your pillow every night

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Sludge Tank posted:

Only isolation exercise is isolating yourself from the world and crying yourself to sleep into your pillow every night

This guy gets it.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Arms and abs

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Sludge Tank posted:

nah

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Time posted:

Arms and abs

Arbys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

ham_sanitizer posted:

I thought PPL was the only good split besides upper lower

+1 to everything else you said

I think PPL's still have you running the circuit twice in one week, so you end up hitting all groups twice a week.

I run lower-upper-ppl over 5 days and get my double frequency in that all the fitness nerds say should be done.