Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Is the ROH belt not getting defended at the Dome this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i would presume it is but they dont say these things ahead of time usually

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ricochet's promo in the last five minutes of this video https://www.facebook.com/newjapaneng/videos/1583373318390187/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Ricochet's promo in the last five minutes of this video https://www.facebook.com/newjapaneng/videos/1583373318390187/

uuuuuugh don't do it, dude.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Is the ROH belt not getting defended at the Dome this year?

It is a couple of months away so I can't say with authority but two big factors working against the scenario is that the last ROH title match barely made this year's show. Additionally, Cody is a tag guy in New Japan.

I'd assume it won't. It is not something currently planned.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

uuuuuugh don't do it, dude.

He's this year's Chris Hero in terms of not having any bookings in the new year being the clear tell.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hopefully he at least gets a cool NXT run before heading to the 205 Live career purgatory

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Hopefully he at least gets a cool NXT run before heading to the 205 Live career purgatory

His terrible mic skills will really limit him simply just how they format/write TV.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I know that Switchblade will probably be Sami Callihan, but until I see his dumb rear end saunter out at Power Struggle, I'm going to continue believing that it will be Jay White.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if kushida gets a blow-away match out of cody on this roh tour then they should give him the ROH title shot at the dome. he's too good to not have a featured singles match. same with ishii tbh. ok the one time roster bloat exists is when you're trying to fit everybody on your biggest show of the year

sami doesn't really saunter but having just tried to book the dome show card he needs to be a junior or he's gonna be directionless real quick. i wanna see him and hiromu bounce off each other

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Who wants to take bets on how long it takes WWE main roster booking to make people on this board say Ricochet was always bad

I give it four months, less if they don't let him do 75% of his moveset instead of the 50% I'm expecting.

At the same time, can't necessarily blame him, he doesn't really have any clear path forward in New Japan, he can either remain as he is as a free-floating multi-man tag junior who gets his brightest shine in Best or Super Juniors or end up as a free-floating multi-man tag heavyweight who'll maybe get a couple nice G1 runs but never sniff the top of the card even though he's massively over with every crowd he works in front of.

Might as well make potentially big merch money and be able to live at home three days of the week every week.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

if kushida gets a blow-away match out of cody on this roh tour then they should give him the ROH title shot at the dome. he's too good to not have a featured singles match. same with ishii tbh. ok the one time roster bloat exists is when you're trying to fit everybody on your biggest show of the year

I think Ishii's going to be the CHAOS member to finally take the belt off of MiSu and succeed where YOSHI-HASHI, Goto, and Yano all failed. It's been a while since he had that belt and it's a perfect fit for him.

Now KUSHIDA on the other hand is prob gonna in a clusterfuck for the NEVER Trios or maybe the Jr Tag belts. I liked XOANA from twitter's idea of a Taguchi/KUSHIDA team but I think they'd be more likely to go for the Trios belts alongside maybe Juice.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 10, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Ricochet really wants a run as a heavyweight and New Japan really doesn't have a free spot for a foreign heavyweight who was a junior right now.

Edit: plus I think he really wants to do a WWE run and if you want in the WWE you really need to go now cause roster spots will probably dry up if TV money stays the same or goes down

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 10, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Cameo posted:

I give it four months, less if they don't let him do 75% of his moveset instead of the 50% I'm expecting.
I expect that'll really be what turns people off the WWE version of him.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ricochet wants two things: a steady gig with his friends, and for the rock to acknowledge him on twitter

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
ricochet's debut as the newest member of titus worldwide, the stable for incredibly talented guys who will be completely wasted, will be very exciting.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

ricochet wants two things: a steady gig with his friends, and for the rock to acknowledge him on twitter

"Ricochet wishes he was Kevin Steen" would've been a hell of a hot take a few years ago.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

shiksa posted:

ricochet's debut as the newest member of titus worldwide, the stable for incredibly talented guys who will be completely wasted, will be very exciting.

team best o friends reunite

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

shiksa posted:

Titus World Wide is Dragon Gate WWE so there's a non 0% chance this happens

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

team best o friends reunite

how are you gonna feel when Tozawa uses his connections to get Titus on a DG tour in a couple years after he's fired for being too old?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

anyway my dome prediction card:

IWGP Heavyweight:Okada(c) vs. Naito
IWGP US and/or IC (unsure):Omega vs. Ibushi
NEVER:Suzuki(c) vs. Ishii
IWGP Jr:Ospreay(c) vs. Hiromu
IWGP Tag: KES(c) vs. Tanahashi and Elgin
IWGP Jr Heavyweight tag:Roppongi 3k(c) vs. Young Bucks
NEVER Trios Gauntlet:L.I.J(c) vs. Taguchi Japan (Taguchi/KUSHIDA/Juice) vs. SZKG (ZSJ/Taichi/Despy) vs. CHAOS (YTR/X/X to continue the traditon) vs. Bullet Club (Fale/Scurll/Yujiro)
Multiman match featuring some combo of Old Guys (third gen/liger/tmiv) + maybe David Finlay vs. Bullet Club
Rambo

changes made if the theory tossed around on the last VoW flagship ends up being correct (not counting on it but gently caress, that would own):

IWGP IC:Tana(c) vs. Shibata
IWGP US:Omega(c) vs. Ibushi
IWGP TagKES(c) vs. Makabe and Juice

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I forgot that I was boycotting NJPW for booking another YTR/Suzuki match.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

I forgot that I was boycotting NJPW for booking another YTR/Suzuki match.

What I would love is YTR comes down doing his normal shtick, acting all goofy and poo poo. Suzuki chops the poo poo out of him then Yano just loving flips and is serious for the rest of the match. That being said I really hate YTR and don't get what people see in him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If NJPW lose Ricochet and get Neville then NJPW have come out on top there imho.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ricochet is a true talent but i am imagining neville vs kushida

realgm accepts trade

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Neville in the next BOSJ would be baller as hell

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Neville in the next G1 would be baller as hell

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

apparently i am ricochet now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

apparently i am ricochet now

do a flip

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
can't wait for neville to mule kick will osprey so hard he shits himself and then germans him onto his neck

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chances are he'd go back to DG but man Neville in Suzuki Gun would be so good

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

If NJPW lose Ricochet and get Neville then NJPW have come out on top there imho.
Wonder how Zayn will react to his heel turn inevitably getting botched :pray:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

St Evan Echoes posted:

Wonder how Zayn will react to his heel turn inevitably getting botched :pray:

Evil! Bushi! Sanada! Hiromu! Naito! y... Generico!

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Kind of surprised to not see Young Bucks in the junior tag tournament. Maybe R3K will win, and the Bucks will challenge them afterwards. I definitely don't want to see one of the Suzuki-gun teams get the shot at the Dome.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Food Court Druid posted:

Kind of surprised to not see Young Bucks in the junior tag tournament. Maybe R3K will win, and the Bucks will challenge them afterwards. I definitely don't want to see one of the Suzuki-gun teams get the shot at the Dome.

One last run for TAKA

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Johnny Landmine posted:

Evil! Bushi! Sanada! Hiromu! Naito! y... Generico!

Be still my heart

Also if Neville leaves and comes to NJPW he’ll be unreasonably good. Just let him and Kushida go for the next year or so.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/918335079927111681

Also, a reminder that the YLC begins 5 hours from now:

LION'S GATE PROJECT 8
October 12th at 6:00 AM EDT/11:00 BST
Shinjuku FACE

KOTETSU YAMAMOTO MEMORIAL 11TH YOUNG LION CUP TOURNAMENT:Hirai Kawato vs. Ren Narita
KOTETSU YAMAMOTO MEMORIAL 11TH YOUNG LION CUP TOURNAMENT:Katsuya Kitamura vs. Tetsuhiro Yagi
KOTETSU YAMAMOTO MEMORIAL 11TH YOUNG LION CUP TOURNAMENT:Tomoyuki Oka vs. Syota Umino
Manabu Nakanishi vs. Kotaro Yoshino [K-Dojo]
Ten-Cozy vs. Yuma Aoyagi [AJPW] and Go Asakawa [K-Dojo]
Yuji Nagata vs. Daisuke Kanehira[HEAT UP]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
so are these guys gonna start getting their own outfits/characters/etc. after the young lion cup? or does management just cross that bridge when it comes with whatever guy at whatever time?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

shiksa posted:

so are these guys gonna start getting their own outfits/characters/etc. after the young lion cup? or does management just cross that bridge when it comes with whatever guy at whatever time?

Generally guys get characters/outfits/etc. after doing an excursion overseas. The Young Lion Cup is more a showcase.

It usually goes:

Wrestle other young lions and job to veterans for a year or more.
Overseas tour for a year or more.
Return to fanfare with a character.

For example, Hiromu wrestled for three years as a young lion, then went to CMLL and ROH for three years, then returned last year with the Time Bomb thing and shortly after won the Jr. Heavyweight Title.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Oct 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hiromu is kind of a fascinating example of how much a guy can reinvent himself on excursion. He started off doing the Young Lions thing with an all-generic character as per tradition, went to Mexico and worked under a mask as Kamaitachi, lost the mask during an instant-classic feud with Dragon Lee, kept wrestling as Kamaitachi for a bit, and then came back to Japan working his real name but with the new Time Bomb gimmick, which he later tweaked into a caretaker of lazy stuffed cats.

(deep breath)

Dude's only 27, by the way.

• Locked thread