Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

MizPiz posted:

Article was acting like it was for the US, but they never actually clarified. Fox Sports isn't exclusive to America (don't know how ubiquitous it is, though), so I assume it's at least for the English language broadcast.

World Cup coverage in the UK is split between freeview broadcasters BBC and ITV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

bitterandtwisted posted:

World Cup coverage in the UK is split between freeview broadcasters BBC and ITV

The schad is every two years the english still don't realise that being able to score 45 goals against Montenegro and Gibraltar means nothing when you can't score even one against Italy.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just because you're a fascist, you aren't entitled to not let others onto the same lane as you.

:cheers:

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Sarcopenia posted:

Wouldn't this also be a criminal offense?

Couple pages late to this, but often officers are compelled to provide information under threat of termination to internal affairs or whatever the equivalent oversight body is. "Hey come down and answer questions or you're fired." If that happens, nothing that results from that can be used in a criminal proceeding as it'd violate their 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

The Ben Affleck "Harvey Weinstien is gross" turning into "Sorry I groped your boob live on TV, Burton" is pretty good schad right now.

https://twitter.com/BenAffleck/stat...-burton-1047677

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
So's the "Ronan Farrow took the story to the NYT because the corporate masters at NBC spiked the story" story.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nbc-harvey-weinstein_us_59de5688e4b0eb18af059685

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

i can still taste him posted:

I was thinking MK Genesis blood code, but that was ABACABB

:respek:

NOW ENTERING KOMBAT

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/10/cleveland_mom_sentenced_for_pu.html

"A Cleveland mother will spend six months in prison for pulling a gun on an Ohio City barber because he took too long to cut her 7-year-old son's hair."

" Defense attorney Catherine Meehan said that Smith has since lost her house, job and custody of her four children. "

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Proteus Jones posted:

The guy cut off a cop.

Just because you turn your blinker on, you aren't entitled to force a spot for you to squeeze into.

That's not what "cut off" means. The cop wasn't denied access to any part of the road. If anything, the cop was trying to cut off the guy trying to merge into the left lane.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Besesoth posted:

That's not what "cut off" means. The cop wasn't denied access to any part of the road. If anything, the cop was trying to cut off the guy trying to merge into the left lane.

What?

When you cut in close in front of someone and make them slow down, you are cutting them off. Not sure if it's a ticketable offense, but it's a dick move.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Besesoth posted:

quote:

Cutting off other motorists
Refers to a vehicle that enters a lane without proper caution, leaving a small amount of distance between other surrounding vehicles. This can be caused by unawareness of surroundings, impatience, and/or aggressiveness.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Besesoth posted:

The right of way goes to the vehicle traveling straight. The vehicle merging or changing lanes always yields. It is courteous to make room for someone when they're attempting to change lanes, but it's not required by law.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What?

When you cut in close in front of someone and make them slow down, you are cutting them off. Not sure if it's a ticketable offense, but it's a dick move.

It's dangerous driving, which is generally a ticketable offence.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

that implies moving at road speed and you know it

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
oh boy a cop de-rail my second favorite argument only to circumcision debate.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Renegret posted:

Speaking of, should cops get circumcisions?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I love how when someone posts a gif of bad driving in this thread a person or two will sometimes come out of the woodwork and be like, “What? That’s not bad driving. I drive like that all the time!”

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

What?

It is a ticketable offense. Unsafe or Improper Lane Change.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

depends on if they drive stick or not

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Which is... what's happening in the gif? The unmarked cop car has to slow down to avoid a collision with the merging SUV. You are not supposed to "force" your way into a lane like that.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

WoodrowSkillson posted:

guy cut the cop off and you know it.
:jerkbag:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

No, you should not cut them off.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Guess my driving school taught me wrong. :shrug:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

No, you should not cut them off.

:eyepop:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I know the CrossFit stuff was a few pages back, but my favorite schad of CF is that apparently barfing is a fairly regular occurance.

To the point that they have a mascot: pukie the clown.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Well they are giant pricks...

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
How much should I tip my mohel after he performs a circumcision on my stick shift while I eat a hot dog sandwich?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neito posted:

I know the CrossFit stuff was a few pages back, but my favorite schad of CF is that apparently barfing is a fairly regular occurance.

To the point that they have a mascot: pukie the clown.

Why do crossfitters consider rhabdo a good thing? My dad had it after a drug interaction/possible overdose on prescription blood pressure cholesterol drugs. Not only did he almost die, he lost 35 pounds of muscle in a week (and was apparently peeing what looked like coffee but that's beside the point). How is that a badge of honor for someone trying to get fit?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Why do crossfitters consider rhabdo a good thing? My dad had it after a drug interaction/possible overdose on prescription blood pressure cholesterol drugs. Not only did he almost die, he lost 35 pounds of muscle in a week (and was apparently peeing what looked like coffee but that's beside the point). How is that a badge of honor for someone trying to get fit?

A really, really poor understanding of medical science.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

How much should I tip my mohel after he performs a circumcision on my stick shift while I eat a hot dog sandwich?

It's customary to let the Mohel decide how big the tip is.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Besesoth posted:

Guess my driving school taught me wrong. :shrug:

Cop or not, that white SUV was merging dangerously by coming in at an angle where the other SUV likely couldn't see them signalling the merge. It's not like the two lanes are converging and the cop didn't let the zipper merge happen, it's regular traffic where a car bullied its way in front of somebody that was pretty much directly next to them instead of behind them.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Why do crossfitters consider rhabdo a good thing?

The entirety of CrossFit is the old axiom of "No Pain, No Gain" taken to its most idiotic extreme. The more you hurt yourself, the tougher you'll be in the end!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I really doubt they actually consider it a good thing. The idea of it is like a badge of honor, I'm so tough and go so hard I piss blood etc.

Like a soldier who gets respect and a medal for being wounded, but really it would be better for everyone if they weren't, it's just impolite to say that.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
“Yet six months later Mr. Anderson, a former Army Ranger, was back in the gym, performing the very exercises that nearly killed him. “I see pushing my body to the point where the muscles destroy themselves as a huge benefit of CrossFit,” he said.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/fashion/thursdaystyles/getting-fit-even-if-it-kills-you.html

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

One well-done steak and a cast-iron skillet

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Renegret posted:

So how tall is everyone ITT?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Skippy McPants posted:

Which is... what's happening in the gif? The unmarked cop car has to slow down to avoid a collision with the merging SUV. You are not supposed to "force" your way into a lane like that.

lol no, are you blind? they are all nearly idling as its a merge lane somewhere. Van hosed up, or was just stuck in flow of traffic trying to exit. all the cop had to do was brake for about 5 seconds and roll his eyes at how much traffic sucks.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol no, are you blind? they are all nearly idling as its a merge lane somewhere. Van hosed up, or was just stuck in flow of traffic trying to exit. all the cop had to do was brake for about 5 seconds and roll his eyes at how much traffic sucks.

Ariong posted:

I love how when someone posts a gif of bad driving in this thread a person or two will sometimes come out of the woodwork and be like, “What? That’s not bad driving. I drive like that all the time!”

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
we get it, you hate cops

but the real question is, is the cop circumcised, and is he driving stick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jerry Cotton posted:

So how tall is everyone ITT?

4'2"