Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Moniker posted:

I don't know, I don't really see it as a big deal, so that's why I didn't post about it, personally. The staff is like "OMG YOU ARE GAY" which is silly.

At the very least it had that Ronnie twist, so it was heavily focused on things like penis length and specific sex positions. No one thinks Ronnie is actually gay, but the way he described it was... well... totally gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

At the very least it had that Ronnie twist, so it was heavily focused on things like penis length and specific sex positions. No one thinks Ronnie is actually gay, but the way he described it was... well... totally gay.

When you put it that way I guess it is actually pretty funny.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Howard on the other hand, has never asked about big thick huge black penises in a very curious fashion.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Yeah, the entire male staff is infatuated with gay talk and revels in it...in the 90s, it was meant more for humor, albeit in a non-PC "bro" way at times but was refreshing since you knew underneath he had no issues with gay people & at least had great interviews with gay people, like Jm J. Bullock, Richard Simmons, Mark Harris, etc.

Nearly every interview in the past 15 years or so has some sort of gay twist to it...Howard's cock talk, Ronnie's recent discussion plus liking a dildo in his rear end sometimes, Richard Christy (nuff said) and Sal. Benjy also kissed Takei.

Fred's the only "straight man" but, alas, he's from Mars. :v:

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Artie called out sick for the AA Show today. That didn't take long.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"*cough* Hey Anth it's Artie. I can't stop throwing up... or shittin'"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cliche Guevara posted:

Yeah, the entire male staff is infatuated with gay talk and revels in it...in the 90s, it was meant more for humor, albeit in a non-PC "bro" way at times but was refreshing since you knew underneath he had no issues with gay people & at least had great interviews with gay people, like Jm J. Bullock, Richard Simmons, Mark Harris, etc.

Nearly every interview in the past 15 years or so has some sort of gay twist to it...Howard's cock talk, Ronnie's recent discussion plus liking a dildo in his rear end sometimes, Richard Christy (nuff said) and Sal. Benjy also kissed Takei.

Fred's the only "straight man" but, alas, he's from Mars. :v:

Fred made out with Gay Rich though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D9ssm8u8bg

And Richard Simmons isn't gay, he just hasn't found the right woman yet. Isn't that right, Robin?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I'm listening to the 6/7/06 episode where Howard reveals he settled the lawsuit and is planning ways to use his archive. Listening back and comparing that to now is probably the most depressing thing on Earth.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Moniker posted:

I'm listening to the 6/7/06 episode where Howard reveals he settled the lawsuit and is planning ways to use his archive. Listening back and comparing that to now is probably the most depressing thing on Earth.

"Robin I have a million ideas but the technology just isn't there yet"

I knew Howard was completely out of touch when he started a cable tv On Demand channel in the mid 2000s

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 7, 2017

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Have you guys ever heard of sim cards? Technology of the future.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
MiFI Bawf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S82WTtrV8Eo

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This is awful quality but I'd never seen it and man, Beet has a moment of total lucidity that I've never ever seen before. He's angry (we find out later his grandmother passed) and everyone is trying to calm him down. Finally his manager Sean calls in and, unable to do anything, passes the phone to his son who is probably like 8 or 9. Once Beet recognizes the voice he instantly calms down and adopts a very big brother-like aura. He speaks clearly and understandably to assure the little boy that he's OK.

Maybe there's other instances of this but it was like seeing him drop character and I've never seen that before since, well, Beet isn't a character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0QPHP05qUo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Beets a sweetheart

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Almost done with 2006 re-listen, and I think December 5th, 2006 is the highlight of the year. Starts off with relentless making GBS threads on Scott (which I could listen to all day), then Artie's revelation(s) about Ralph taking money at Nobu, then a hypnotist comes in and makes Ronnie ride the sybian... it's just a home run.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

kylej posted:

Almost done with 2006 re-listen, and I think December 5th, 2006 is the highlight of the year. Starts off with relentless making GBS threads on Scott (which I could listen to all day), then Artie's revelation(s) about Ralph taking money at Nobu, then a hypnotist comes in and makes Ronnie ride the sybian... it's just a home run.

I'll check that out. What else is must listen from 2006? I was doing that and got as far as Februrary. Then I got side tracked.

I had to made this George Takei playlist from what I heard in Jan 2006.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkG6VhMRgLjVTrzSuMeowlm-EZMb-TF7k

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

some guy on the bus posted:

I'll check that out. What else is must listen from 2006? I was doing that and got as far as Februrary. Then I got side tracked.

I had to made this George Takei playlist from what I heard in Jan 2006.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkG6VhMRgLjVTrzSuMeowlm-EZMb-TF7k

The Sal apology was in 06. It was near the end of May or beginning of June. I forget but I'm certain it's in that range. Before the Artie roast, whatever the date was on that.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Richard getting waxed

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I like how Howard did this whole big buildup for Cocktober and a week three days into it and he goes on vacation.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Former Human posted:

I like how Howard did this whole big buildup for Cocktober and a week three days into it and he goes on vacation.

I like how people their 60s and 70s were forced to say "cocktober"

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

kylej posted:

Ralph is such a scumbag. Was 06 the year they all went to the Tom Petty concert in the Hamptons and Artie felt bad for leaving Ralph at some after-party so he gave him like 300 bux to get home? Of course then Ralph doesn't give Artie the difference back the next day and then he leaves Howard a voice mail about how they are all assholes for "leaving" him at the party when they offered him to go back with him and Artie giving him the money.

Also wasn't there accusations that Ralph swiped money from the pot at a poker game?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Yep. He also stole money meant for tipping a waitress at Nobu. Complete scumbag.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That segment where Howard gets upset at Beth for taking a selfie with her hot coworker has been scrubbed from the internet it seems. Was looking for it again because it's so funny hearing passive aggressive Howie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BobbyK posted:

That segment where Howard gets upset at Beth for taking a selfie with her hot coworker has been scrubbed from the internet it seems. Was looking for it again because it's so funny hearing passive aggressive Howie.

Don't all clips just go through a process of being taken down and brought back again? I'm thinking that 95% of what I've listened to from Youtube is no longer there, but I can probably find re-uploads of most of it.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Two Kings posted:

Yep. He also stole money meant for tipping a waitress at Nobu. Complete scumbag.

Is that online somewhere?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it's definitely in one of the Ralph megapacks, I think in the one titled Ralph vs Everyone. It's insufferable because Ralph is a legit scum bag but also this was in the middle of Artie's drug/breakdown phase so all the stories are the same "I know something but I won't say it on the air." where he drops just enough of a hint that something happened then won't confirm or back it up. But the Ralph stealing money from the table from Nobu is confirmed by one of their mutual friends in this case.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It was all Ralph's doing, too. He called in to goof on Artie and Artie wasn't having it. Poker story is first, waitress one is after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5-iw-9gSYA

This is when Artie gave him $300 to get him home safe and he conveniently forgets about it until it's brought up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ZkuFChb2c

and if you let the next video for that auto-play it's the great bit where Artie slept through Goodstein's wedding and wrote this hilarious self-deprecating apology note.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

and if you let the next video for that auto-play it's the great bit where Artie slept through Goodstein's wedding and wrote this hilarious self-deprecating apology note.

Artie may be a terrible human being sometimes, but he's still got the comedy skills. :)

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

BobbyK posted:

Do you know the date of the show? I probably have it saved if you can tell me the date.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Thanks for the links. Ralph is a piece of poo poo but he's awesome radio.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I'm not posting this for any reason but Artie's pic because I bursted out laughing seeing them dig out the worst shot they could for the context. The article is total trash but that loving pic is hysterical.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/emma-bunton-subjected-degrading-sexist-11332153

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

I'm not posting this for any reason but Artie's pic because I bursted out laughing seeing them dig out the worst shot they could for the context. The article is total trash but that loving pic is hysterical.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/emma-bunton-subjected-degrading-sexist-11332153

Lmao are they seriously gonna go back and dig up every interview where Howard asked personal questions? Cuz that's basically all of them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmfao amazing journalism uncovering this secret interview of a d-list from a decade ago that was literally broadcast publicly to millions like its watergate. Outrage culture at its finest or a sign of the times that people just don't know who Howard Stern is or what he did anymore?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

Lmfao amazing journalism uncovering this secret interview of a d-list from a decade ago that was literally broadcast publicly to millions like its watergate. Outrage culture at its finest or a sign of the times that people just don't know who Howard Stern is or what he did anymore?

It is a British newspaper, so they probably don't have much awareness of what Howard's done.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Wow I can't believe Howard Stern asked a lady sex questions 12 years ago this is a stunning development.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's the loving Mirror, they're a hilarious garbo rag like the Enquirer but less reputable.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Artie just turned 50, and is already taking 40 minute bathroom breaks while his new show with Anthony is live on air. Here is the current state of his nose.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Evil Agita posted:

Artie just turned 50, and is already taking 40 minute bathroom breaks while his new show with Anthony is live on air. Here is the current state of his nose.

My god that is dire

Also Artie looks terrible

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Evil Agita posted:

Holy gently caress, is that real? :barf:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
50? You must have meant 75.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

How is Artie even employable at this point