Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I was planning to do that on my next run, but I'm yet to find the poo poo holes to stick my hose in (story of my life).

The van drives ok if you stick some firewood in the back, but somehow it clipped out of the van the second or third time I sent it into a ditch. By the time I got to the store all I had left was the two jerrycans and a lone log.

So I chucked the log at the rear end in a top hat parked in front of the store. Then I peed on his car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
gently caress I need to stop playing diablo and start play my summer car again

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

I was planning to do that on my next run, but I'm yet to find the poo poo holes to stick my hose in (story of my life).

The van drives ok if you stick some firewood in the back, but somehow it clipped out of the van the second or third time I sent it into a ditch. By the time I got to the store all I had left was the two jerrycans and a lone log.

So I chucked the log at the rear end in a top hat parked in front of the store. Then I peed on his car.

Don't take the van higher than 3rd and stick to the highways. Lay off the gas since you'll wobble around 100 kph.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Yeah I figured that out. You can get out of the wobble by tapping the breaks and downshifting... most of the time.

As to the highway, I'm super bad at navigating in this game. I wish there was an in game map.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The car takes what, 2 days to get running, maybe another to do alignment and timing of the valves

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah I figured that out. You can get out of the wobble by tapping the breaks and downshifting... most of the time.

As to the highway, I'm super bad at navigating in this game. I wish there was an in game map.

There's a map above the phone in your house. It's 1995, there's no GPS. Gotta memorize that poo poo.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

For some reason I find it harder to orient myself in a game than in real life.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Strife is surprisingly deep for a game that came out in 1996.
Getting sent to new locations & new people to talk to on the same missions I did before, just from responding differently to mission-givers & NPCs.
This game is somehow more of a interactive RPG of than Baldurs Gate, and it is a Doom Engine game. Amazing.

The flamethrower is badass, the grenade launcher is unique but cool, and the micro-rocketlauncher is drat effective versus low-level robotic minions.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

What the gently caress is going on in Metal Gear V? I've spent the last hour as half blind Snake, missing a hand, and following some dudes rear end crack around while futuristic hit men kill all the doctors, nurses, and patients. Meanwhile levitating fire girl summons flame demons and moves concrete slabs with her mind.

I played metal gear back on the PSX and again on the PS2. It was convoluted but nowhere near this batshit crazy. Does this get any better because I am about to set this one down and admit I am not on the same drugs as the dude who wrote this poo poo.

Edit-Yeah now a fire whale came out of the sky and ate a helicopter and levitating fire girl hopped on a flying fire unicorn and rode off into the sky.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 15, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

What the gently caress is going on in Metal Gear V? I've spent the last hour as half blind Snake, missing a hand, and following some dudes rear end crack around while futuristic hit men kill all the doctors, nurses, and patients. Meanwhile levitating fire girl summons flame demons and moves concrete slabs with her mind.

I played metal gear back on the PSX and again on the PS2. It was convoluted but nowhere near this batshit crazy. Does this get any better because I am about to set this one down and admit I am not on the same drugs as the dude who wrote this poo poo.

Edit-Yeah now a fire whale came out of the sky and ate a helicopter and levitating fire girl hopped on a flying fire unicorn and rode off into the sky.

Dude that's just the intro, it settles down to more familiar fare in a bit. You get to kill a lot of Soviets soon.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
It gets slightly less insane after the prologue but is still a kojima game. All of the metal gear games have been pretty crazy at moments.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah the anime moments in mgsv are dumb but after the intro its fairly normal

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Have some dumb videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzpLDm_bnqU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn-m48iM2cU

godholio bad @ driving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq9tkcXFqIU

how to lose in dumb ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtco3raLQbM

how to almost lose in dumb ways

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXvO6AX77_o

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I thought you had a gratuitous amount of blood on you, and then a bikini-clad chick with a tactical harness hopped onto the chopper completely doused in blood.

:stonk:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah its the best

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i started up rimworld again after not playing it for nearly a year :ohdear:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The evil within 2 is pretty good (I never played the first). I like it more than the resident evil that came out earlier this year.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FastestGunAlive posted:

The evil within 2 is pretty good (I never played the first). I like it more than the resident evil that came out earlier this year.

I started playing the first one and it seems alright. Then I found out I'm only 4 hours into a 20 hour game and I'm not sure I can handle that

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I'm not bad, I got you good. :lol:

Why doesn't it record your voice? Hearing one-sided conversations of myself is weird.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/ptychomancer/status/870395208294252544
Hello door.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

I'm not bad, I got you good. :lol:

Why doesn't it record your voice? Hearing one-sided conversations of myself is weird.

I use a mouse button for PTT and for some reason shadowplay won't accept that as a PTT button so the other 2 options are 'always on' or 'off'. I don't really want to record every cough or fart I make.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

ded posted:

I use a mouse button for PTT and for some reason shadowplay won't accept that as a PTT button so the other 2 options are 'always on' or 'off'. I don't really want to record every cough or fart I make.

You need to have mouse software that can rebind the mouse button as a keystroke. Set said key as PTT in game or discord. Then assign the same key in shadowplay for PTT. So I can press either the mouse button or a key on the keyboard and it will still record voice comm chatter.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Meh I don't really care so much about recording my own voice.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385
Punch Digital Nazis

https://twitter.com/Draconis/status/919691332322344960
https://twitter.com/ImDedDood/status/919704539598528512
Also punch actual nazis.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

God drat it Bethesda, I can only buy the Wolfenstein 2 so many times! How much of my money do you actually want?!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You know that whole idea of if you feel guilty, then you probably are?

That's how I feel about he people who are like "this is an obvious attack on trump and trump supporters."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nothing personal kid

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN .EXE INTO STEAM. ITS WOLFENSTEIN: THE NEW COLOSSUS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TERROR-BILLY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NAZI BASTARD IN A TOILET FULL OF HIS OWN PISS

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am very happy this lovely game is still getting updates and just got online co-op

http://store.steampowered.com/app/450500/Ace_of_Seafood/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yo, Fallout 4 is on sale back again for 14.99, so I'm probably pulling the trigger.

Is there any goonsensus on essential DLC to grab? I've never heard of any of this poo poo, nor do I know whether I need it for three times the price

Though there appears to be a high resolution texture pack for free, which is pretty dope, I guess

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Hi-Res pack is garbage, use mods.

Automatron is good, as is Far Harbor. Nuka World is also 'ok'

*if* you give a poo poo about settlements (and if you didn't before, take a look at Sim Settlements because gat dang) then the other mods are also good.

Basically all the DLC is varying levels of good, there's nothing awful nor amazing out of it. I paid full price for everything and I regret nothing, 40 dollarydoos is a good deal.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I recently started a play through where I treated Garvey like crap. I plan on making Hangman's Alley my spot.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So did Nintendo ever push out a diff model # switch yet? I had one for about a week. Nifty, but lots of small QC issues and such. Now that there's a proper game library coming up it might be worth getting

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

So did Nintendo ever push out a diff model # switch yet? I had one for about a week. Nifty, but lots of small QC issues and such. Now that there's a proper game library coming up it might be worth getting

"yet"? Hasn't the thing been out for like, 6 months?

That being said, I do have the banana dock that goons insist isn't actually a real thing

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

"yet"? Hasn't the thing been out for like, 6 months?

That being said, I do have the banana dock that goons insist isn't actually a real thing

Sorry I meant one with QC fixes and such. Same thing just minor hardware improvements for poo poo that had issues. Joycons connection issue, for example. There's a word for that but it's escaping me right now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sorry I meant one with QC fixes and such. Same thing just minor hardware improvements for poo poo that had issues. Joycons connection issue, for example. There's a word for that but it's escaping me right now.

Oh I got you. Yeah, they haven't put out an identifiable revision as far as I can tell. I don't think there are a whole lot of issues with the console besides the bendy docks and the joycon connection issues, though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah those are mostly the only two big issues I'd care about

console refresh, think that's the word?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh dang new 3ds got some games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Okay so ElMaligno piqued my curiosity and I bought Caves of Qud. I'm a veteran of NetHack and Dwarf Fortress so it's not unfamiliar, but the content is new for me since I didn't get far into HellMOO. Trying to figure out a way to shrink the size of the tileset since it is huge.