Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Palmer in the Toro Rosso for one race would be loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Toro Rosso discover a mysterious problem with his car and are somehow unable to fix it in time...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I will laugh if it's SiPag or Newgarden in the driver's seat.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

OK, I'm impressed. The game looks really good, especially the in-car shots, though the physics is kind of a giveaway. Also, some of those nerds drove really well. I was expecting more rubbin' for sure. Actually even the commentary was way better than I'd expect.

Are these all just spoiled rich kids with sim rigs at home and lots of time on their hands? I know racing is an expensive hobby, but it would be nice to see some "underdog" type kids at these events, playing on an older PC without a top of the line pedal setup, etc.

Norns posted:

Stop driving your own gimics into the ground you idiots. poo poo posting is an art and y'all just crapping on it.

Stop crapping on the shitposts, you idiots! You're ruining my threadjaculation!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Lou Takki posted:

Palmer in the Toro Rosso for one race would be loving hilarious.

Reminds me of when they stole Schumacher for Benetton after one race and Moreno briefly drove his Jordan.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Gasly is racing superformula after all so you nerds can stop complaining.

CratSock posted:

OK, I'm impressed. The game looks really good, especially the in-car shots, though the physics is kind of a giveaway. Also, some of those nerds drove really well. I was expecting more rubbin' for sure. Actually even the commentary was way better than I'd expect.

Are these all just spoiled rich kids with sim rigs at home and lots of time on their hands? I know racing is an expensive hobby, but it would be nice to see some "underdog" type kids at these events, playing on an older PC without a top of the line pedal setup, etc.

Stop crapping on the shitposts, you idiots! You're ruining my threadjaculation!

Wheels aren't that expensive dude, about the same as a console. Just save up and anybody can get a passable wheel.

But nobody in esports finals is gonna have a cheap rig, there's money on the line and some of them might even have sponsors. Lots of kids with poo poo rigs play online though :shrug:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

“Just save up and buy X” is the most clueless statement

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Just save up and buy that private jet you want

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

clueless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-gXK2wgsLA

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

No, "Just finance it" is.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Well I'm definitely not buying GT Sport
Lewis Hamilton to provide expert advice in GT Sport

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

"Set the game to easy mode and hope your opponents car blows up"- Expert Lewis Hamilton.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

From a guy who says video games are for kids and doesn't play them.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Yeah, I guess a wheel and pedals are relatively affordable if you've got a cutting edge gaming PC, which is what I assume you'd need to run this game. Kust saying it would be cool to see some poor kid in there mixing poo poo up. P-166 overclocked, running in 640 x 480 at "extreme low detail", all options "off".

"First, get rid of your personal trainer..."

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
They shouldve got the GOAT F1 driver Sebastian Vettel instead.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope the next Forza game gets Big Jo Palmer to provide helpful tips.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lol, this sounds terrible.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

I saw some of that live on Youtube the other day. It was actually quite fun to watch

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The game is just a disguise for Lewis dropping his album, which will be played in short snippets in each corner

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
IMO bring back Squire.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
i hope they release the lewis monster in the us, gotta get that swill

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Does gt have f1 cars now? Can I race them against '97 Toyota camrys??

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop the anti ferrari posts and opinions, last warning

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

Lol no

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Not that I'm aware of. Certainly not in the demo.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Obviously this means Lewis will retire from F1 and go race sports cars after this season.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

ilmucche posted:

Not f1 cars specifically because of licensing but they used to have formula cars that had pretty much the same specs as the f1 cars of the time.

GT Sport has no f1 or formula cars however.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Agreed it's disgusting behavior.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hartley-toro-rosso-gasly-austin-964827/

So Toro Rosso's #1 target is Brendan Hartley for Austin with an eye of signing him up for Toro Rosso next season. If Hartley's deal falls through because of contract issues (he's on the verge of signing up for Chip Ganassi in IndyCar) then they'll throw Buemi in the car for Austin instead.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also.... what the gently caress is this?

https://www.motorsport.com/general/news/eu-directive-close-down-motorsport-964469/

quote:

Motorsport could cease in the European Union amid an insurance crisis unless the sport's businesses and employees reply to an EU consultation by October 20, according to the UK’s Motorsport Industry Association.

The consultation is into the VNUK ruling – which applies to all 27 EU member states – and was made by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) in September 2014. It requires compulsory unlimited third-party liability insurance to be carried by anyone using any form of motorised transport, in any location.

That includes everything from ride-on lawnmowers and tractors to single-seater and saloon competition vehicles – even at private venues like race circuits – throughout the EU.

This means crashes in motorsport events would be treated as road traffic accidents, and would involve the police as would any road traffic collision.

Chris Aylett, chief executive officer of the MIA, is calling on any employer or business in European motorsport to respond to the EU Consultation and has provided guidelines to help them do so.

“This threat is real, make no mistake, it could close down all motorsport [in countries in the EU],” said Aylett.

“My appeal will safeguard jobs and the industry. If you want to protect your job in motorsport then make sure your employer responds before the deadline of October 20.

“The EU offers an option, known as Option 3, where their insurance requirement applies ‘in traffic only’. If we succeed in getting this option supported then motorsport will be safe.”

For the more information on the MIA’s call to action visit: the-mia.com/Vnuk-Update. The consultation can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/consultations/finance-2017-motor-insurance_en.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hartley-toro-rosso-gasly-austin-964827/

So Toro Rosso's #1 target is Brendan Hartley for Austin with an eye of signing him up for Toro Rosso next season. If Hartley's deal falls through because of contract issues (he's on the verge of signing up for Chip Ganassi in IndyCar) then they'll throw Buemi in the car for Austin instead.

He's going to totally gently caress New Zealand's F1 stats up

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Its a news article blowing the consequences and implications of an EU regulation way out of proportion, so it's almost certainly bullshit.

This is how Brexit happened.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tsaedje posted:

He's going to totally gently caress New Zealand's F1 stats up

I'm sad we never got to see Scott Dixon in F1. That would have been... ok boring to watch but he would probably do better than Bourdais did.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

An article written by somebody who has zero understanding of insurance.

All FIA events already have third party liability insurance

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

wicka posted:

You can get a wheel for less than $300. If racing is important to you, that's not outrageous by any means.

Actually getting into motorsports is going to cost like a factor of 10-100 more than that.

Context matters dude. Did you even read the rest of my post or did you just giggle to yourself when you found something you could take out of context?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CratSock posted:

Yeah, I guess a wheel and pedals are relatively affordable if you've got a cutting edge gaming PC, which is what I assume you'd need to run this game. Kust saying it would be cool to see some poor kid in there mixing poo poo up. P-166 overclocked, running in 640 x 480 at "extreme low detail", all options "off".

From my experience most sim racers actually have poo poo PCs and are running on min settings already so that its every bit as responsive as possible. (Like pro counterstrike players) I avoided iRacing for awhile because I thought it had terrible sim graphics, but it ends up it has graphics almost as good as pcars or forza you just have to turn them on. But since literally every video from someone on youtube playing iracing is at min settings, I didn't even realize it could look good.

The people who are broadcasting it are using a very powerful PC on max settings, because why not? That doesn't mean everybody playing is on the same settings.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Deep breaths. Comedy forum.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Deep breaths. Comedy forum.

Wanna hear a joke?

*dramatic pause*

Scuderia Ferrari S.p.A

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

From my experience most sim racers actually have poo poo PCs and are running on min settings already so that its every bit as responsive as possible. (Like pro counterstrike players) I avoided iRacing for awhile because I thought it had terrible sim graphics, but it ends up it has graphics almost as good as pcars or forza you just have to turn them on. But since literally every video from someone on youtube playing iracing is at min settings, I didn't even realize it could look good.

The people who are broadcasting it are using a very powerful PC on max settings, because why not? That doesn't mean everybody playing is on the same settings.

My spicy take: don't overthink poo poo like video game racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

My spicy take: don't overthink poo poo like video game racing.

The spiciest take: play video games to have fun

If it's not fun don't do it.

• Locked thread