Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Goodbody posted:

We will get a RG Ground Type and Gouf. I have faith.

You and me both. Though it seems an HG Revive or Evolution Project version of the Ground Type is more likely given all the Blue Destiny units coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

Re/100 α Azieru.

While a RE/100 would be pure insanity, a HG is actually kind of plausible. It would be much smaller than the Neo Zeong, after all.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Now I actually do want a giant tan block of monster plastic. They could do something akin to the HG release of the Neue Ziel and drop the scale down but keep the "MG without the guts" detail since there's a bit more going on externally on the α Azieru compared to the Neue Ziel and it'd benefit from the MGness. Re/500!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

asterioth posted:

So what are the odds we get RG Nu/RG Sazabi next year since it's the 30th anniversery for Char's Counterattack?

We will get a PG Nu and you will like it!

PG Sazabi would likely break the fabric of reality.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do hope we get to see more of that gold trim tech they used on the RG Sinanju, even if the rest of the kit was reportedly a disappointment. It seemed like a useful addition to the Bandai toolkit.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

That's kind of disappointing to hear, I was eyeing that as christmas present to myself, or somewhere down the line.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infected posted:

That's kind of disappointing to hear, I was eyeing that as christmas present to myself, or somewhere down the line.

It's not that bad. The knee armor is prone to falling off, and the ankle and wrist joints aren't great, but it's not like, the worst thing ever

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gundamns are good

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Moola posted:

gundamns are good

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I ordered the PG Strike and preordered the PG Exia, goodbye rest of my life

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not that bad. The knee armor is prone to falling off, and the ankle and wrist joints aren't great, but it's not like, the worst thing ever

It's not MG zeta plus bad.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

Does this mean I should grab one of the Bandai TIE kits that I've had my eye on at hobby town? I think if disney wants to shut something down they will shut it down.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

tenderjerk posted:

Does this mean I should grab one of the Bandai TIE kits that I've had my eye on at hobby town? I think if disney wants to shut something down they will shut it down.

No, they're licensed for distribution here now.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

tenderjerk posted:

I actually just got a Bandai TIE Interceptor kit in a trade, if you're interested. I already have one, and it kicks rear end. I posted in SA-Mart and came here to spam the link, so here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837397

I'm basically asking Amazon Prime free-shipping price with free shipping of my own, or I'm open to trades.

Got the Red Squadron X-Wing too.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Woof that's a lot of stickers

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

Woof that's a lot of stickers

Bandai generally assumes you have no access to glue or paint and gives you the means to make it look decent in the box.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Tbf I have no access to glue or paint. Thank God a market they're catering towards lives in Tokyo apartments.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Yawgmoft posted:

Tbf I have no access to glue or paint. Thank God a market they're catering towards lives in Tokyo apartments.

:same: except I'm too lazy to figure out glue or paint.

Also I just got my first gunpla kit in the mail 2(!) weeks early and it's...not the recommended beginner's GM kit, it's the Real Grade Gundam Astray kit....

I am really intimidated by all of these bits and bobs and relatively huge instructional booklet, but I'm also excited! I might wait until the GM arrives so I can do him first, but oh man, wish me luck when I begin to work on these guys! :D

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am really intimidated by all of these bits and bobs and relatively huge instructional booklet, but I'm also excited! I might wait until the GM arrives so I can do him first, but oh man, wish me luck when I begin to work on these guys! :D

It's a lot easier than you think! I bumbled into this poo poo half-assed and did two or three kits before I even popped into this thread for help and advice.

Maybe ask first rather than make some of my dumbass moves though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If it helps, the RG is simultaneously easier and harder to put together than an MG; the frame itself is usually pre-assembled for you, and most of the construction involves building the gimmicks and armor to put onto said frame. On the flipside everything is pretty tiny and easy to lose.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah be very careful with the tiny parts as not to lose them. I've nearly lost more parts than I can count and now have a flashlight by the desk specifically to look for them

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Having a white desk helps too. Mine is mahogany so good luck if I lose a piece.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I don't have a dedicated desk for this yet, but I'm using the wooden table in the dining room over a wooden floor, so if I drop any pieces they should be easy to find!

Thanks for the advice, I'll do my best not to mess up any of these kits.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Two other pieces of advice.

Gently bend all the joints on the frame till they move smoothly before assembly. I'm not sure if it's actually necessary, but the joints on my Astray practically felt fused solid and I worried that something would break if I forced it while posing.

Secondly, don't toss the hg-style non-posable hands. You get a set with movable fingers so I dumped the alternative hands (were there even alternative hands? I can't quite remember) figuring that the movable ones were all I needed. Not the case. If you want to it to have a good grip on its sword for example, the solid hands are a better bet.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

StrixNebulosa posted:

I don't have a dedicated desk for this yet, but I'm using the wooden table in the dining room over a wooden floor, so if I drop any pieces they should be easy to find!

Thanks for the advice, I'll do my best not to mess up any of these kits.

You'd think that.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I drop pieces at least a few times every kit and I never learn. Sadly I live in a tiny apartment that only has room for one desk which I use for gaming and stuff.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Best technique for finding floored pieces is to lay down on the ground and look parallel to the floor, makes it super easy

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I assemble my kits while sitting on the couch watching TV, using an ottoman and a chess table as work space, because I am huge dumbass, apparently. And yes, I do frequently have dig through the cushions looking for dropped pieces (I once had to dissect the underside looking for a waist piece the fell into a hole in the frame), yet I persist.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

worthless. posted:

Best technique for finding floored pieces is to lay down on the ground and look parallel to the floor, makes it super easy

Put the flashlight on the ground shining parallel to the floor to enhance this even more. If you're really concerned or have a really uncooperative sprue you can stick the sprue in a gallon Ziploc and cut the parts off inside the bag. If they fly out they're headed for your chest so they won't get far.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Paper Kaiju posted:

I assemble my kits while sitting on the couch watching TV, using an ottoman and a chess table as work space, because I am huge dumbass, apparently. And yes, I do frequently have dig through the cushions looking for dropped pieces (I once had to dissect the underside looking for a waist piece the fell into a hole in the frame), yet I persist.

I know those feels. It's like knitting except with cruel punishments for butterfingers.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Neurolimal posted:

I know those feels. It's like knitting except with cruel punishments for butterfingers.

I forgot to mention the dumbest part of my behavior. I've nearly stabbed myself in the foot so many times because I keep leaving my hobby knife in my lap, then forgetting about it when I stand up.

I swear I'm not that this stupid normally, I just become a stubborn idiot when I'm feeling lazy.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Paper Kaiju posted:

I forgot to mention the dumbest part of my behavior. I've nearly stabbed myself in the foot so many times because I keep leaving my hobby knife in my lap, then forgetting about it when I stand up.

I swear I'm not that this stupid normally, I just become a stubborn idiot when I'm feeling lazy.

As someone who has gotten a hobby knife stuck in their foot when they were a kid, you’re playing with fire my friend. Stop doing this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paper Kaiju posted:

Don't put stuff in your lap with this hobby, it never ends well.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Bad picture because I had to rush off to shower, but guys! This is fun!

It's way easier than I thought it would be, and oh my goodness I am enjoying working on it way too much. It's so cool to watch it go from skeleton to gundam leg. :D

I'm gonna need tips on how to do the stickers, though - I got the single leg sticker on, but it's a little crooked - I used tweezers - and while I'm afraid advice is going to boil down to "have steady hands", well - any tips for putting stickers on decently? I have tweezers and q-tips and no fingernails, so getting them off the sheet is a pain.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

StrixNebulosa posted:

Bad picture because I had to rush off to shower, but guys! This is fun!

It's way easier than I thought it would be, and oh my goodness I am enjoying working on it way too much. It's so cool to watch it go from skeleton to gundam leg. :D

I'm gonna need tips on how to do the stickers, though - I got the single leg sticker on, but it's a little crooked - I used tweezers - and while I'm afraid advice is going to boil down to "have steady hands", well - any tips for putting stickers on decently? I have tweezers and q-tips and no fingernails, so getting them off the sheet is a pain.

Good Real Grades are a lot of fun to put together, and a large stretch of the build time is playing with a finished arm or leg to watch all the pieces move :allears:.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Well someone in the UK Gunpla Buy/Sell group on facebook sold me a kit as new which was missing a few parts and then left the group. I contacted the group admin (who is the admin/moderator of quite a lot of gunpla based groups) and he didn't respond to his messages either. He promptly got banned from the lot of them.

He's now sending me the missing parts and two RG kits as apology. The Exia and Raiser as far as I know. Amusingly thematic since the kit I got was the Qan[t].

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

StrixNebulosa posted:

I haven't been building gunpla long, but I like to use the tip of my hobby knife. Just the very tip and most of the time when the sticker touches the model the knife slides out easily.

Here's a tutorial I didn't watch all of: https://youtu.be/aozPcjGpMpI

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:getin:

There was other stuff I was gonna do today, haha

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

:getin:

There was other stuff I was gonna do today, haha

excellent! are you planning to do any panel lining? that's when things really kicked in to full gear for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Booyah- posted:

excellent! are you planning to do any panel lining? that's when things really kicked in to full gear for me.

No, I don't think so - I'd need to buy that marker and then, well, shaky hands. The plan right now is to finish this fellow, tackle stickers - as many as I dare to do - and admire my first kit.