Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Your Computer posted:

th.. thanks wikipedia :smith:

they are bugs they dont care about things

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, apparently chickens' brains aren't shaped quite how we instinctively assume them to be based on our own, so it's actually pretty easy to chop their heads off at not quite straight angles and leave enough that they still move around and stuff on motor reflex, though usually shortly bleed to death after. It's why the whole idiom of a chicken with its head cut off exists. Don't mind me, I've just been recently researching what happens when something is beheaded for a writing idea.

for your research

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emi1Dunjzv8

Ignite Memories has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Oct 12, 2017

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Zzulu posted:

Gotta cut out their eyes so their bodies get the proper chems so they wanna reproduce so we can make more shrimp to devour :getin:

We really are the worst species

I dunno, if some superior race came to Earth and enslaved the humans, cut out our eyes so we wouldn't be so vain and could just have fun loving each other for the hell of it, would it really be so bad?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Don't we already have "a superior race" that's been cuckolded already?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Also it says they grow back in some shrimp and I'm assuming that we just haven't checked the others.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Glad all I had for breakfast today was noodles.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Picnic Princess posted:

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

davebo posted:

I dunno, if some superior race came to Earth and enslaved the humans, cut out our eyes so we wouldn't be so vain and could just have fun loving each other for the hell of it, would it really be so bad?

that's not really why they do it, a lot of hormones are produced in the eyestalks in crustaceans - including those that stimulate/inhibit moulting and reproductive development. It'd be more like if aliens removed the part of our brain that allows us to make rational decisions or have inhibitions.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

soylon posted:

that's not really why they do it, a lot of hormones are produced in the eyestalks in crustaceans - including those that stimulate/inhibit moulting and reproductive development. It'd be more like if aliens removed the part of our brain that allows us to make rational decisions or have inhibitions.

So like being drunk all the time, got it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
ATTENTION ALIENS READING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR EFFECTOR BEAMS RIGHT NOW. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE OUR BRAINS. THANK YOU.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

soylon posted:

canyoneer posted:

So like being drunk all the time, got it.

So how would we know if they're just doing it chemically rather than surgically?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Picnic Princess posted:

Hoo boy do I have an article for you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_noodle_industry

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, apparently chickens' brains aren't shaped quite how we instinctively assume them to be based on our own, so it's actually pretty easy to chop their heads off at not quite straight angles and leave enough that they still move around and stuff on motor reflex, though usually shortly bleed to death after. It's why the whole idiom of a chicken with its head cut off exists. Don't mind me, I've just been recently researching what happens when something is beheaded for a writing idea.

I "harvest" my own chickens, and gotta say anyone using an ax to kill a chicken is a fool. (I hang them by the legs and slice off the head with a sharp knife, they bleed out and then the butchery begins). I can't imagine holding a chicken down and swinging an ax is anything but recipe for trouble.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

porktree posted:

I "harvest" my own chickens, and gotta say anyone using an ax to kill a chicken is a fool. (I hang them by the legs and slice off the head with a sharp knife, they bleed out and then the butchery begins). I can't imagine holding a chicken down and swinging an ax is anything but recipe for trouble.

You're doing it the hard way too.

Slide them into an inverted cone, pull their head down through the end, slit their artery in their neck. Let their heart pump the blood out into your catchpan/bucket as they're basically unconscious in a couple seconds

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just beat them to death with your fists. Give them a chance to fight back

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I rip a bong and then stick the chickens head into it.
Then we watch some Netflix and I order a pizza.

Edit:

RabbitWizard has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Oct 12, 2017

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

PCOS Bill posted:

You're doing it the hard way too.

Slide them into an inverted cone, pull their head down through the end, slit their artery in their neck. Let their heart pump the blood out into your catchpan/bucket as they're basically unconscious in a couple seconds

Ha, tried the cone before, it's easier to lasso the legs and hang'em from a peg, bleed out's the same.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

porktree posted:

Ha, tried the cone before, it's easier to lasso the legs and hang'em from a peg, bleed out's the same.

Yeah but how do you kill chickens?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I like to choke my chicken :mmmhmm:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I like to choke my chicken :mmmhmm:

Actually, I have heard that the "grab the chicken by the neck and swing them around your head a few times" works, too.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

porktree posted:

I can't imagine holding a chicken down and swinging an ax is anything but recipe for trouble.

I think the ax technique is to hold them by the head, and in an effort to "get away" from you they end up stretching their necks out further giving you a good area to chop.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Best part about this image is that Jason Momoa would never suggest a quiet night drinking beer. Dude loves to go out and get shitfaced.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Aleph Null posted:

Actually, I have heard that the "grab the chicken by the neck and swing them around your head a few times" works, too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Best part about this image is that Jason Momoa would never suggest a quiet night drinking beer. Dude loves to go out and get shitfaced.

And rape apparently.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I was really getting concerned that this chicken conversation wasn't going to be funny. Thank you for this.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

gbut posted:

Don't we already have "a superior race" that's been cuckolded already?

This is a drat good post

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Don't drink and post, I guess.

https://twitter.com/chrisunkim/status/918536035524644864

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkgAu3z4CFA

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

bunnyofdoom posted:

And rape apparently.

He made a joke comment in a panel discussion about his character in Game of Thrones (who is a proud rapist to be sure, but Momoa is not Drogo). It's in bad taste I guess but c'mon.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

That has nothing to do with what I said, though? I wasn't saying he was a good dude.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

doverhog posted:

ATTENTION ALIENS READING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR EFFECTOR BEAMS RIGHT NOW. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE OUR BRAINS. THANK YOU.

Don't worry, B, Minds are cool about that sort of thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"...I think I can pull this look off."

Alternatively;

And yet he still somehow sheds like crazy.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"...I think I can pull this look off."

Alternatively;

And yet he still somehow sheds like crazy.

I've heard of huskies blowing their coats, but this is just overboard.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have posted this picture multiple times in funny picture threads, and nobody ever comments on it. I think it's because people don't look at it closely enough to realize what it is. So I want you all to stop, take a good long look at this picture, figure out for yourself what the object in this picture is, and then appreciate that it is very funny.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i have appreciated the picture each time. it stands on its own.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have posted this picture multiple times in funny picture threads, and nobody ever comments on it. I think it's because people don't look at it closely enough to realize what it is. So I want you all to stop, take a good long look at this picture, figure out for yourself what the object in this picture is, and then appreciate that it is very funny.

How is it supposed to be funny? Some spanish translation of one of Camus' books, so what? If it had Einstein on the cover, I would appreciate it.

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 02:03 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Jesus, stop posting it already. Thank you.