Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm gonna drive my car like this and if you get hit I guess it's your fault!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Cotton posted:

So how tall is everyone ITT?

6'3"

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
2 Short

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ariong posted:

I love how when someone posts a gif of bad driving in this thread a person or two will sometimes come out of the woodwork and be like, “What? That’s not bad driving. I drive like that all the time!”

I remember we had exactly the same thing happen when I posted this video of a guy assuming that he could merge into the lane which was currently occupied by a semi trailer, I guess assuming that his indicator would make the semi magically disappear

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It turns out that putting your indicator on doesn't magically make traffic in the next lane stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az76PWGBp4s&t=110s

mobby_6kl posted:

You can clearly hear him accelerating to keep the gap closed. He's a moron who just wasted everyone's time and money.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
ABORT ABORT

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I asked for heights, not loving map co-ordinates.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Renegret posted:

ABORT ABORT

a fanfic about any posters mother is somewhat inappropriate friend.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jerry Cotton posted:

oh in that case "as gently caress" would be my height measurement

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

oh in that case "as gently caress" would be my height measurement

*in a Smithy voice* Only short people smoke weed :thunk:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Renegret posted:

ABORT ABORT

My other son was also named abort :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jerry Cotton posted:

*in a Smithy voice* Only short people smoke weed :thunk:

excuse me weed is illegal. I just quaff Robitussin DM mixed with vernors

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm 69 centimeters.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I got picked on a lot at school :smith:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Peanut President posted:

I'm 69 centimeters.

nice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Peanut President posted:

I'm 69 centimeters.

:wink:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Illegal left turn, immediately busted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlgqIhdAQmQ

That same user has a bunch of videos from that same intersection, of cars blocking the box and getting tickets.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

Barack Hussein Obama II

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

canyoneer posted:

Illegal left turn, immediately busted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlgqIhdAQmQ

That same user has a bunch of videos from that same intersection, of cars blocking the box and getting tickets.

oh neat I know that intersection

You'll never catch me driving anywhere near there it's a loving nightmare.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Jerry Cotton posted:

36kbps down 6kbps up

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jerry Cotton posted:

5 torques.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Ahahahahah. gently caress your HOA:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/hoa-fight-over-world-war-ii-tank-in-river-oaks/479844850

Guy buys a tank and has it temporarily (he's shipping it out soon) parked out front of his house on a big sheet of plywood so it's not even damaging the pavement. HOA is throwing a shitfit, even though the neighbors apparently think it's neat, and it apparently violates no local law.

quote:

"The problem is there is no action they can take," said Buzbee. "They can ticket it or they can try to tow it, but the truth is unless I decide to move it, it's not going anywhere."

Although actually I'd laugh just as hard if the HOA brought in a tank recovery vehicle to tow it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Phanatic posted:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/hoa-fight-over-world-war-ii-tank-in-river-oaks/479844850

Guy buys a tank and has it temporarily (he's shipping it out soon) parked out front of his house on a big sheet of plywood so it's not even damaging the pavement. HOA is throwing a shitfit, even though the neighbors apparently think it's neat, and it apparently violates no local law.

Although actually I'd laugh just as hard if the HOA brought in a tank recovery vehicle to tow it.

It's a Sherman! :neckbeard:

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't know a citizen could own a fully functioning tank.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Phanatic posted:

Its a HOA, they only exist to give people poo poo for stuff that doesn't matter for poo poo

Like that's how they work all the time, that's all they do.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Phanatic posted:

That's a lovely tank, and if it has the history claimed in the article that's even better.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

There is no one at ITT. It is closed from bankruptcy last year.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

belt posted:

I didn't know a citizen could own a fully functioning tank.

I think they concrete plug the barrel, but this is a thing (in the UK as well IIRC).

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Its a HOA, they only exist to give people poo poo for stuff that doesn't matter for poo poo

Like that's how they work all the time, that's all they do.

An HOA derail? Sure.

A lot of HOAs are dicks, but good ones help to maintain property values by making sure folks take care of their house, mow their lawn, and don't park implements of war on the street. (Not to even mention the attractive nuisance angle of the thing)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
my parents' house has like three rusted out cars that slowly leak oil, they've been permanently installed on the front yard, fully visible to the rest of the neighborhood, for over a decade now

when I think of how lovely HOA's are, I remember that they are a response to how lovely people in general are

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Nah gently caress HOAs and your neighbors.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
HOAs are some white lady poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rough Lobster posted:

I think they concrete plug the barrel, but this is a thing (in the UK as well IIRC).

Well you can certainly own a tank in the USA, provided that its guns are disabled (as it would be illegal for a civilian to own a 75mm cannon of any kind). I doubt any state would let you register it as a road vehicle or operate it on a highway, though.

In the UK you can register your tank and drive it to work as long as it has rubber tracks.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

America: built on so much freedom owning a tank is fine, but also if you live there you get to have people police the height of your lawn

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

MononcQc posted:

America: built on so much freedom owning a tank is fine, but also if you live there you get to have people police the height of your lawn white people make sure the blacks don't move next door.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
[quote="“Renegret”" post="“477308192”"]
oh boy a cop de-rail my second favorite argument only to circumcision debate.
[/quote]

Is this when you have 5 cops on one fork of the tracks and one on the other and your not allowed to reverse the train to squish all 6?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

(as it would be illegal for a civilian to own a 75mm cannon of any kind)

This part isn't technically true, though admittedly it may as well be. Some states also frown on vehicle mounted weaponry as well, but that's usually due to hunting regulations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sagebrush posted:

Well you can certainly own a tank in the USA, provided that its guns are disabled (as it would be illegal for a civilian to own a 75mm cannon of any kind).

Nah, a 75mm cannon would just be considered a 'destructive device' under the NFA, which means it needs to be registered with the ATF and a $200 tax stamp is required any time it changes ownership. As would any projectiles if they have more than 4 ounces of explosive fill.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rough Lobster posted:

It's legal to have the cannon, but only if registered as a Destructive Device and in a state that doesn't prohibit these.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Basically US law views the Atomic Annie as being legally the same as a "street sweeper" shotgun or M79 grenade launcher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p2CS46mfZ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

In the UK you can register your tank and drive it to work as long as it has rubber tracks.

I found out that it's pretty affordable to buy old tanks as well.

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/products/tanks-2/bmp-1--bvp-1--with-a-turret-380#currency=USD