Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DC movies are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland Corp. posted:

DC movies are good

Best scene from any DC movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

DC movies are good

You take that back or I'll spoil Citizen Kane at you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I already know the ending of Citizen Kane, citizen Kane and the antagonist of the movie both had a mother named Rosebud, so they put aside their differences and form a news conglomerate. But Kane is killed by TV news.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I still remember those memorable last lines, directly mirroring the opening of the film.

"That man, right there. What his name?"

"Citizen?"

"Yes, Mr. Kane over there. But what I want to know is what his first name is."

"Citizen."

"THATS WHAT IM ASKING YOU"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like the sequel where it turns out Citizen Kane survived and became a corrupt border town cop and only a Mexican Charleston Heston can stop him.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Kal-L posted:

So I was watching the latest Justice League Trailer and realized... we never get a good shot of "Steppenwolf"'s face, do we?
Hinds has gone on record that he never got to really interact with the actors because he was completely cg and did all his poo poo on a separate soundstage. Chances are they hadn't finished any real decent closeups of his face by the time they needed to do trailers.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I like the sequel where it turns out Citizen Kane survived and became a corrupt border town cop and only a Mexican Charleston Heston can stop him.

"Forget it, Chuck. It's Bordertown."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think the red skies "literal Hell on Earth" is at least something different, but that scene does not look good. I think the way it's cut for the trailer just makes it look bad. Blue/Orange tones are natural pleasant which feels out of place for a war zone.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

DC movies are good

Wonder Woman is just 1 movie.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
I watched the trailer and from the looks of it, Justice League and the first Avengers movie basically revolve around the same premise - "An unlikely team of superheroes band together to fight alien invaders." I won't be surprised if the climax of Justice League has them trying to close a portal before the world ends, complete with a blue beam of light in the sky.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Half of the DCCU movies released so far are good

Fixed that for you. I'll give you Wonder Woman and Man of Steel, but that's about as far as I'll go. Suicide Squad is a garbage fire, and Batman v Superman: Martha was good up until they introduced Doomsday.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's a troll trying to make people who like DC movies look bad on purpose, just like the one who started the petition to close rt or whatever

A false flag by a crisis actor, really devious stuff Stan Lee comes up with.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

100% guarantee you whoever posted that screenshot on Twitter as an incredible own is the same person who made that post in that forum originally.

But I'm not going to see Justice League now anyway because I just found out how much of an rear end in a top hat Ben Affleck is.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I watched the trailer and from the looks of it, Justice League and the first Avengers movie basically revolve around the same premise - "An unlikely team of superheroes band together to fight alien invaders." I won't be surprised if the climax of Justice League has them trying to close a portal before the world ends, complete with a blue beam of light in the sky.

Fixed that for you. I'll give you Wonder Woman and Man of Steel, but that's about as far as I'll go. Suicide Squad is a garbage fire, and Batman v Superman: Martha was good up until they introduced Doomsday.

Superman: I understood that reference.

E: also the moment where Darkseid calls Flash. "Mewling Quim".

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Joke's on you, it will be a red beam of light

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r991pr4Fohk

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

DC movies are good

The Tim Burton ones anyway

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Metalshark posted:

Gambit is way less typically masculine than those characters*, though Hawkeye did rock the pink and purple back in the day, and even a miniskirt! Also, don't get me wrong, Gambit is very studly and obviously an idealised masculine archetype**, but he's also much more of a romantic Casanova type compared to Odinson's drunken warrior rutting or Stark's playboy image, which are more aspirational to the typical dudebro. People like that often expose their inner toxicity when discussing Gambit, in the same way that One Direction can be a good litmus test. It's ok to not like them for many reasons, but if you just say they're a bunch of sissies or their success doesn't count because young girls and women love them then you're showing your internalised misogyny.

Thanks for posting Gillen's Sinister page though, and I want to be clear that I don't think this applies to you, but I maintain there is a difference between Gambit and his appeal to people versus the characters you listed.

*Plus he's bisexual. Fight me.
**I have conducted extensive studies.

stupid sexy Gambeeet

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

SonicRulez posted:

Wonder Woman is just 1 movie.

Batman Begins and Watchmen are two more.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I already know the ending of Citizen Kane, citizen Kane and the antagonist of the movie both had a mother named Rosebud, so they put aside their differences and form a news conglomerate. But Kane is killed by TV news.

last line: "Tv killed the radio star".

while Toto's Africa plays

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Now you're opening these cans of worms on purpose.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Dick Tracy is actually better than most - not all, but most - comic book movies since 2008 or so.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He said are, not were. Otherwise The Dark Knight would've been on my list. And Begins is good enough to count.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Batman Begins is the best of the Nolan films

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

DC movies are good

Yeah, like Batman Begins.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Watchmen was a huge pile of crap. It's amazing how a film that sticks so close to the source material's script managed to miss the point of every scene.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

But I'm not going to see Justice League now anyway because I just found out how much of an rear end in a top hat Ben Affleck is.

Oh man. I just read that. I guess that puts some tension in the Bat Family considering that's Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wife.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
People have been calling Batman a molester since Seduction of the Innocent.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'll take the insane yelling at a crewman over the groping.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, like Batman Begins.

Watchmen was a huge pile of crap. It's amazing how a film that sticks so close to the source material's script managed to miss the point of every scene.

I'm still baffled by the decision to make Owlman badass in the movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I'm still baffled by the decision to make Owlman badass in the movie.

I'm more baffled by the decision to make Ozymandias not badass.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mark Ruffalo was interviewed about Thor: Ragnarok, and he said that this film was the 1st of a 3-act arc for Banner/Hulk's character. Apparently Feige wanted his input on where to take the character between this film and the two upcoming Avengers movies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/11/thor-ragnarok-begins-a-three-movie-arc-for-hulk

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Oh man. I just read that. I guess that puts some tension in the Bat Family considering that's Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wife.

Link?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The most :effort: apology ever. Basically he groped her live on TV several years ago and ended up looking like a pretty big hypocrite when he went in on Weinstein the other day.

https://twitter.com/BenAffleck/status/918166049501208576

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/amtendler/status/918209320977911808

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Lurdiak posted:

I'll take the insane yelling at a crewman over the groping.

But what about being arrested for assaulting you mom and sister?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This grimdark reboot of reality loving sucks, everyone's Dr Light and there's a new Crisis every week

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, Thor 3 doesn't look grimdark at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geren_FPWEg

Pretty sure that Taika Waititi doing the voice. I knew that he directed What We Do in the Shadows, but before I watched it this weekend, I didn't realize he also costarred.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

zoux posted:

Well, Thor 3 doesn't look grimdark at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geren_FPWEg

Pretty sure that Taika Waititi doing the voice. I knew that he directed What We Do in the Shadows, but before I watched it this weekend, I didn't realize he also costarred.
Man it sounds like they recorded Taika's lines on a skype call, unless they are still touching up and just had the raw recordings for it.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Watchmen is 1/3 of the best comic book trilogy of all time with MoS and BvS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
so they're really doing planet hulk but with Thor as the main character?

• Locked thread