Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

EbolaIvory posted:

Nice shot, Nice assist, You guys are WRECKING. Jesus christ ..

EDIT: Slaughter guys. Jesus.

Yeah that was painful to watch. I felt like I was watching Jordan dunking on a middle school basketball team over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Tom Guycot posted:

Yeah that was painful to watch. I felt like I was watching Jordan dunking on a middle school basketball team over and over.

Yeah, Even this last game was pretty "hahaha" the until they started turtling back a bit to slow down the push.

What happened? I missed something I think. They stopped because someone dropped a controller? I'm so confused.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Why do they use headphones on the one team when the rift has built ins?

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

probably noise bleed in that environment.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Knifegrab posted:

Why do they use headphones on the one team when the rift has built ins?

Comfort, Noise bleed, Rift built in really dont block out everything (loud stuff).

I'd opt in for non rift myself.

Congrats champ lemming!

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 12, 2017

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Good job Lemming!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Congrats lemming, that last match was a blast to watch.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Tom Guycot posted:

I'm curious how much of that was showmanship? They basically walked that sudden death over and dunked in it.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Grats Lemming!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

EbolaIvory posted:

I'm curious how much of that was showmanship? They basically walked that sudden death over and dunked in it.

It felt very legitimate to me at least. It certainly looked like the orange team was getting more warmed up and making better plays during that second round, along with at least one really lucky shot.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Tom Guycot posted:

Yeah that was fun. Nice job Lemming & team.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I won \o/

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

EbolaIvory posted:

Yeah, Even this last game was pretty "hahaha" the until they started turtling back a bit to slow down the push.

What happened? I missed something I think. They stopped because someone dropped a controller? I'm so confused.

Oh yeah Palidore crashed then when he got back in his comms broke and he couldn't hear us

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Lemming posted:

Oh yeah Palidore crashed then when he got back in his comms broke and he couldn't hear us

Well it was fun to watch. Shame they didnt show you guys on stage playing at all. :-\

Some day, I'll actually play. They add the ability to dick around by myself yet? Thats my biggest problem. Jumping into something like this and feeling like I'm just dead weight. Regardless if people are nice about it, its a personal thing. Not wanting to come and be a useless body.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 12, 2017

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

EbolaIvory posted:

Well it was fun to watch. Shame they didnt show you guys on stage playing at all. :-\

Some day, I'll actually play. They add the ability to dick around by myself yet? Thats my biggest problem. Jumping into something like this and feeling like I'm just dead weight. Regardless if people are nice about it, its a personal thing. Not wanting to come and be a useless body.

They've always had dicking about in the lobby, before you play any games.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

EbolaIvory posted:

If you're interested but intimidated by basically showing up to a basketball court with random folks playing a pickup game and jumping in, just hang out in the lobby. Don't even worry about playing a game, the lobby is enough fun, just hang out in there, goof off in the practice rooms learning to throw and move and pass and stuff and don't even bother playing a game until you feel up to it. If nothing else grab it while its still free in the next week and have fun in that lobby.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
They changed the matchmaking as well; levels 1-10 is purely based off level (so you play mostly other newbies), then 10-20 they blend mmr and level, then at 20 it's 100% mmr. If you jump into a match it should be people playing one of their first few games. 7 pm pst is generally prime time, so if you hop in then you have the best chance of playing only new people when you decide to play.

The lobby is a ton of fun even without getting into the actual game, so definitely check it out for that

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Space Pirate trainer just hit 1.0. Tons of new stuff, can't wait to try it out

Sairento updated with two new maps and a bunch of other stuff

We are legitimately getting to the point where VR has too much great content coming out to play all of it. Just a year and a half in that's pretty incredible.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have like 76 VR games in my library already, and I got my headset this year

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

http://vaqso.com/

I saw this as an option in Sairento and uh, what the poo poo? Someone is making smell-o-vision for VR and not as a joke :psyduck:

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
[quote="“BMan”" post="“477315507”"]

I saw this as an option in Sairento and uh, what the poo poo? Someone is making smell-o-vision for VR and not as a joke :psyduck:
[/quote]

Yep!

Taintrunner posted:

I have like 76 VR games in my library already, and I got my headset this year

Same. Except it's been 3 months......

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

BMan posted:

For promotion for the new South Park game, I heard they sent out press kits that give you ultimate immersive gaming experience by releasing fart smells into your nose at certain times during gameplay

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sintax posted:

For promotion for the new South Park game, I heard they sent out press kits that give you ultimate immersive gaming experience by releasing fart smells into your nose at certain times during gameplay

Can I get this with gunsmoke and bratwurst scents for H3VR?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Taintrunner posted:

Can I get this with gunsmoke and bratwurst scents for H3VR?

"Gunpowder" and "Hotdog" confirmed.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Sintax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucymk0q70aQ

The whole video's good but if you're not going to watch the whole thing at least skip to 6:50.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh gently caress this has made my day

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

BMan posted:

can't wait to smell "girlfriend", "gunpowder" and "blood"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I had an incredible time in Tabletop Simulator tonight playing it for the first time. It was me and two of my friends, one local and one from Denmark, and it felt just like we were there. We played Poker and Cards Against Humanity, I was amazed at how quick and simple it is to get games set up and going. There's a learning curve to the interface but the feeling of just chilling with your friends doing some boardgames is great.

I'm hoping to move our D&D group from Roll20 into this, is VR compatible with flatscreen for this? Can flatscreen see VR users? I think it'll be a great experience, especially with how VR players can resize themselves to become peices on the board.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Songbearer posted:

I'm hoping to move our D&D group from Roll20 into this, is VR compatible with flatscreen for this? Can flatscreen see VR users? I think it'll be a great experience, especially with how VR players can resize themselves to become peices on the board.

Yep, flat and vr players are together without issue. I ran a few games through it, and the only issue is flatscreen users are a little invisible and kinda feel like they aren't 'there' so you kinda forget about them. Essentially the only marker of their presence is if you see their tiny hand cursor on the table. So its fine, and they can all play together, but it feels like you and friends sitting around playing a game, and one of your friends is playing with you via a conference call.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

BMan posted:

I guess I should pick up a few of these for our lab, shouldn't I? :q:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Someone was thinking about starting up a VR tabletop session. I'm sad to have heard nothing since

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

GWBBQ posted:

I guess I should pick up a few of these for our lab, shouldn't I? :q:

Yes. Then report back like tomorrow. Please.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

PerrineClostermann posted:

Someone was thinking about starting up a VR tabletop session. I'm sad to have heard nothing since

Come to the discord, maybe I'll try to organize something if I can find enough people.

iceaim
May 20, 2001

PerrineClostermann posted:

Me too. I want to do this.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Dudes upgraded Space Pirate Trainer is loving wicked, get in there

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

iceaim posted:

Me too. I want to do this.

What did i just say?? Get on the discord.

VVV Yeah, its in the OP

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 13, 2017

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Tom Guycot posted:

What did i just say?? Get on the discord.

The goon one right?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
The one in the first post.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Holy poo poo, theres a flash Friday the 13th sale on Oculus with a bunch of horror games, Edge of Nowhere is $4.99. There is absolutely zero reason to pass up on it at that price. 5 bucks and just a wonderful experience, seriously, its worth 5 bucks. I don't know if thats an error or not since its normal price is $39.99 and nothing else is that crazily discounted.

Theres also Witchblood, the side-scroller metroidvania game, it was fun, and for 3.99 its also worth it if you like those kinds of games for sure. Killing Floor is on sale, Wilson's Heart is 50% off, arizona sunshine, duck season, a lot of stuff. Worth checking out as its one day only.

EDIT: Looks like theres also a "weekend picks" sale going on, I don't know if this is going to be a new standard thing, having a few things on sale every weekend? Would be cool. But The Mage's Tale is on sale 50% off there as well.

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Oct 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tom Guycot posted:

Holy poo poo, theres a flash Friday the 13th sale on Oculus with a bunch of horror games, Edge of Nowhere is $4.99. There is absolutely zero reason to pass up on it at that price. 5 bucks and just a wonderful experience, seriously, its worth 5 bucks. I don't know if thats an error or not since its normal price is $39.99 and nothing else is that crazily discounted.

Theres also Witchblood, the side-scroller metroidvania game, it was fun, and for 3.99 its also worth it if you like those kinds of games for sure. Killing Floor is on sale, Wilson's Heart is 50% off, arizona sunshine, duck season, a lot of stuff. Worth checking out as its one day only.

EDIT: Looks like theres also a "weekend picks" sale going on, I don't know if this is going to be a new standard thing, having a few things on sale every weekend? Would be cool. But The Mage's Tale is on sale 50% off there as well.

Thanks man, just snagged Edge Of Nowhere