Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

wesleywillis posted:

Probably the fact that they're advertising a BMW made in the last 30 years as having Power steering, brakes, windows etc. as a selling point.

The manual trans X5's are pretty rare. First time I saw an ad for one I was positive it was a typo, then thought it was a swap when I saw the pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's too bad the v8 never had a manual option.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

The manual trans X5's are pretty rare. First time I saw an ad for one I was positive it was a typo, then thought it was a swap when I saw the pics.

Yeah it's this, I wasn't aware you could get a manual X5 at all.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

IIRC, the X5 and X3 had manual transmission as a no-cost option. The only thing I'd change about the used X3 we picked up recently is adding a manual transmission.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Got ya. Yeah, if you drive an automatic, the communists win.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

wesleywillis posted:

Got ya. Yeah, if you drive an automatic, the communists win.

But I want a manual transmission and a communist government?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Elephanthead posted:

But I want a manual transmission and a communist government?

Then the terrorists win.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
https://waterloo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1959-oldsmobile-camper/6341804243.html

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

From his back yard to yours forever.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Parkersburg was absolutely flattened by an EF5 tornado in 2008.

Given that it has been parked since 1968, I'd market it to the weirdo survival types by including this photo saying:

"It survived this. Any questions :smug:"

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gently caress you, Awful app, LOAD poo poo before I reply.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Actual gold? This is right down the road from my brother, I'm tempted to make him go buy it for me. It's about 6 hours from where I live. Emailed the seller asking about rust but I don't see it in the usual places. Would like some photos of the frame though.

https://blacksburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-jeep-grand-wagoneer/6325563505.html

So, gonna make a run at this. Wiring money to my brother tomorrow, allegedly there's a guy coming from NC to buy it tomorrow so hopefully the money gets there first. Wish us luck!

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

So, gonna make a run at this. Wiring money to my brother tomorrow, allegedly there's a guy coming from NC to buy it tomorrow so hopefully the money gets there first. Wish us luck!

Good luck!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Hell yeah!

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

I've seen that episode of Top Gear America.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

KakerMix posted:

EDIT
To continue the weird cars

My ex had one of those as his second car, and loved it (after the Subaru with no brakes caught fire, but that's another story). Sure, the sunroof leaked (it was fixable under recall but his dad had already DIY-fixed it by caulking it shut by the time they got the recall notice), and the steering wheel came off while driving twice, but he still regrets selling it to the kid up the street.

Speaking of which, if we don't have a "cars you've sold that you regret selling" thread, we should. I've got a(nother) story for that.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2012-dogde-cherger-v6/6339930366.html

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Look, it's every car on Woodward

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

I thought meth killed this type of person off by now.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Octopus Magic posted:

I thought meth killed this type of person off by now.

They usually have children before they die.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Elephanthead posted:

They usually have children before they die.

Unfortunately.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

The pictures tell a close-to-home story of my people, but the 'salvage' title completes it

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Update: didn't get it :( Guy was there at 9am with cash. Probably for the best, timing is not great and was kind of a logistical clusterfuck. Ill be more ready for the next one in a few months.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Update: didn't get it :( Guy was there at 9am with cash. Probably for the best, timing is not great and was kind of a logistical clusterfuck. Ill be more ready for the next one in a few months.

That sucks man, but I do feel a little better in having a 'missed a cool thing' buddy.
There is always another one somewhere though. :) :) :)

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

Boo.
Let me tempt you with more rad ones.
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/1986-jeep-grand-wagoneer/6312915738.html

and esp:
https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-jeep-grand-wagoneer-4x4/6331753515.html

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

Haha those are pretty sick but it's gotta be a woody for me :awesome:

And I really need to make room in the garage first and get rid of my shitbox XJ. In other news, who wants to buy a shitbox XJ? Ran when parked! (and currently does not have a transmission installed)

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Pretty good looking 79 civic.

https://i.imgur.com/5w4apAi.jpg

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1979-honda-civic-new-paint/6344721509.html

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
cheese wedge

https://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1977-microcar-vanguard-street/6347413479.html

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Plate it and drive (to your immediate death in any accident)

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
just don't have an accident. easy

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Brolander posted:

just don't have an accident. easy

I'm not sure how a vasectomy would help with owning that car.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Plate it and drive (to your immediate death in any accident)

Drive anything from the 90s and before and it's the same no matter what you drive!
Personally I like to live life on the edge of hoping other people are paying attention.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

You have no idea how disappointed I am that I couldn't find an image of one painted with Swiss-cheese holes.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Wagons

/Wagons

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Wagons
/Wagons

......Fred?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

CASH ONLY DUE TO SCAMS

Wo in the hell would try to scam him for that?

Troll, sure.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Damnit, that's awesome...and only a couple hours away.

Weird bespoke car hauler abortion or down payment for giant garage....argh.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

slidebite posted:

CASH ONLY DUE TO SCAMS

Wo in the hell would try to scam him for that?

Troll, sure.

Craigslist scammers operate on a volume model. I guarantee he's getting "I am a missionary CHRISTIAN preacher who desperately needs your car hauler 1980 Cadillac siville, I will pay in a cashiers check tomorrow and you can deliver it to my friend" emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
Late model Saabs are neat. The heads down display looks like a pipboy!
https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2011-saab-9-5-turbo-fjord/6348685294.html