Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I found someone in JP with a grailed Eric Bloodaxe.

Is Bloodaxe a very compelling character. I remember him doing very little in Okeanos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
No.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well, I'm glad Eric Bloodaxe has a devoted fan who is willing to grial and 10 skill him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He has a big axe that drinks blood.

He is also a devoted husband.

Those are compelling character traits.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

He has a big axe that drinks blood.

He is also a devoted husband.

Those are compelling character traits.

He could be a Soul Caliber character!

(I have never actually played Soul Caliber's story.)

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

They need a singularity set entirely during the Omaha beach landings so I can finally get me a shitload of purple hearts

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
They should do the Beatles as Servants. Saber Paul (NP: Live and Let Die), Lancer John (NP: Imagine), Archer Ringo (NP: Octopus Garden) and Caster George (NP: Life of BrianHere comes the Sun). Their 3rd Outfit is their Sgt Pepper uniforms.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Since we already have Xuanzuang where is Wukong/ Goku.:goku:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EzEight posted:

Since we already have Xuanzuang where is Wukong/ Goku.:goku:

hes actually in the same manga nobunaga and okita are from so we'll probably get him at some point

there was a joke about him being able to swap between male and female appearances at will so it'd be fun if it went like first sprite: monkey second sprite: dude third sprite: female

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

brainwrinkle posted:

Does anyone know if Chevalier D’eon’s Strengthening quest is in NA yet before I collect mats for their 4th ascension? I know the Interlude is in. The strengthening quest increases their NP debuff from 2 to 3 turns.

No; no strengthening quests are in on NA yet.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
If Strengthing Quests are where Nero's UMUBLADE went from B- to B, then they're in

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

If Strengthing Quests are where Nero's UMUBLADE went from B- to B, then they're in

Nah, that's an interlude; confusingly Strengthening quests are something different even though they work almost identically. The only difference is that they get their own separate menu and they don't have any story associated with them.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 12, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Got the last Dragon Scale I need for Saber at the same time I got the last Rider Monument for Ann and Mary, so I guess it's time to run Dark Forest over and over for Claws and Bones.

Heck yeah I'll have 2 fully ascended servants soon!

Hopefully.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Halloween made my eyes spin a bit, but I think it's a lot more straightforward than I initially realized. How sound is this?:

1). Complete all story and free quests as needed.
2). Complete all Party and Guerilla quests as they become available. Hopefully it's the version of the event where they don't expire.
3). Farm the 40AP until you have enough Pumpkins to buy out all the copies of Maid in Halloween.
4). Farm the 30AP until you get a Halloween Princess to drop, switch back to 40AP afterwards.
5). Switch your CEs around as needed to prioritize certain currencies. Focus on getting the event CEs first.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Halloween made my eyes spin a bit, but I think it's a lot more straightforward than I initially realized. How sound is this?:

I'm not clear on whether or not it'll be feasible to get a significant number of Pumpkins from the free quests. If guerrilla quests are the only sensible way of getting them then it'll only be possible to get Maid in Halloween on a fixed timescale, so the choice would only be when to do the 30AP and Party quests.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I suppose the question is then, how feasible is it to get 170 (though I'll be shooting for 150 on the account that I don't really care about Berserker pieces at this stage) from Guerilla and Party quests alone? Considering there is a very real chance one will not have the lone CE that boosts pumpkin drops from the gacha.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

2). Complete all Party and Guerilla quests as they become available. Hopefully it's the version of the event where they don't expire.
Its going to be the unlock type quests that get released at certain time periods and stay untill you clear it.

I was there back during JP when the Gurellia quest was unlocked for a few hours per day. ie think of the daily experience dragon dungeon from PnD.

The servers crashed so hard during the event period that they switched over to the unlock type quest.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

EzEight posted:

Its going to be the unlock type quests that get released at certain time periods and stay untill you clear it.

I was there back during JP when the Gurellia quest was unlocked for a few hours per day. ie think of the daily experience dragon dungeon from PnD.

The servers crashed so hard during the event period that they switched over to the unlock type quest.

I've never found "the servers couldn't handle it the first time they tried it so they'll never try it again" a particularly convincing argument. I think "it wasn't fun" and "people hated having to wake up every three hours to play the next quest" are much better reasons why they're hopefully unlikely to repeat it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

NRVNQSR posted:

I've never found "the servers couldn't handle it the first time they tried it so they'll never try it again" a particularly convincing argument. I think "it wasn't fun" and "people hated having to wake up every three hours to play the next quest" are much better reasons why they're hopefully unlikely to repeat it.

That they needed to see it firsthand to realize players wouldn't like this stuff is kinda weird to me, but this was very much the era where DW was bumbling around and trying to figure out what the heck.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The event crashed the servers constantly until they had to switch modes and even extend the event. Back then FGO servers were literal potatoes.
Edit: Also DW servers have always had crashing issues this was year 1 and the current guerilla quest somehow worked out well enough.

When the even hits if you look at the Halloween map you'll notice time periods as part of the art which is a hint on when the guerilla quests used happen. The sign on the path to the castle and if you look at the sky are one of the few I remember.

The only downside to the current Guerilla quest method is you can only do it once. When it was time based you could repeat it as long as you had AP, assuming the servers didn't already die.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 12, 2017

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I was wondering what to do with the experience from the 50% Ember Gathering quests, but as it turned out I had all of the materials to fully ascend CA Hassan :toot: Spent a grail getting him to Lv. 70 for that silver border. Not sure if I want to give him more grails, but this seems like a solid investment since I heard that good Assassins aren't that easy to get compared to other classes. Also, from what I've heard he seems like a total bro.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NRVNQSR posted:

It was an inherently bad idea, because the last thing you want in an online service are usage spikes and there they had a mechanic that encouraged exactly that.
It just took them to see it in practice to see that.

Tsurupettan posted:

granblue loads slower on phone than fuggo does and it loves to time out on loading. i can't recommend granblue as a phone game at all. i can happily recommend it as a pc game.

Does it run on Adobe Air? Sounds to me like they just ported over the browser version without changing the netcode to adapt to the differences between a browser game (stable internet, not expected to be suspended until you close the game) and a mobile game (unstable internet, liable to be suspended at any point). So I doubt it does proper asset caching (a browser already does that for you) or robust error handling (if the connection errors out assume something exploded and have the user refresh the page).
Or at least that's been my experience with Kancolle.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 12, 2017

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Granblue actually runs perfectly fine on the phone browser for me. Course I have zero desire to play that game without viramate so I don't use it that much, your mileage may vary.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Thanks to half cost embers I'm getting everyone to at least first ascension, except Mephisto, gently caress that guy. Also, so far managed to boost Altera to 90, Salter to 60, and a bunch of other guys to decent levels. Will need to stock up on gold EXP for later though, so I can bun through it when I roll the poo poo out of Halloween.

So far from tickets on the limited gatchas and my pulls on the FP gatcha I have not had a single drop of a silver servant from the last singularity, so the latest servant added to my roster is the story NP 1 David. Someday I'll get Hector and Euryale, someday.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna try to train myself to not spend Quartz every time I can by setting myself a goal of accumulating 300 Quartz and 50 Tickets before spending again. Wish me luck!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
so now that Nasu characters channeling Divine Spirits is definitely A Thing They Are Doing Often

who's gonna possess Kirei

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

so now that Nasu characters channeling Divine Spirits is definitely A Thing They Are Doing Often

A lot of people think it might be Frances Xavier, though he's not a divine spirit.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

"Gyra_Solune" posted:

Lots of people think it's Rusputin. They both match each other perfectly and it doesn't have to be divine.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The fan base has long ago decided Kirei's pseudo-servant, its no god. Just another fallen servant of god who also sought to explore the depths of his own sin. Tall, dark, and evil looking just like Kirei.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

This is also Nasuverse were some hero/villain get jacked up to eleven with magic lore or supernatural explanation.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna try to train myself to not spend Quartz every time I can by setting myself a goal of accumulating 300 Quartz and 50 Tickets before spending again. Wish me luck!

Don't spend Quartz until you have max ascended/leveled literally every servant in your box, then pull until you get something new, repeat.

Then spend it all on Okita anyway, because FGO life without her is no life at all.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I pull when the servant i want is up. Stop when i get one copy

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Stop when i get one copy

Disgraceful

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So should I expect to NP5 Liz, or no? I didn't realize the special quests cost so much AP.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You should be able to. The event lasts a while and some of them toss out apples.

e: plus if you're a newer player event quests can rachet your level up pretty hard. I got like 60 off Nerofest alone.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

taser rates posted:

A lot of people think it might be Frances Xavier, though he's not a divine spirit.

He was playable on Fate/Extra already

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

As a newcomer to these events, what can I expect? I've been told that Halloween has a good CE for Marie, but the one she already has is really good. Should I just be using it to farm materials?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tamomo maid ce is the best self boost healing card in game. Try to get this maxed.

Halloween Princess CE is the second best Ce. Try to get this maxed.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

A self-healing CE seems like it would be good for either Marie or Umu, of which I have both! they are my only 4* heroes, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Well, just wrapped up Okeanos. Drake is a goodie.

Should I grail Mata Hari to 85 or wait to bump up someone else?