Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I recalibrate all my speedometers to read furlongs/fortnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

quote:

I recalibrate all my speedometers to read furlongs/fortnight.

Look at this loser who doesn't use Leagues/Fortnight. :smugbert:

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
The obvious answer is that performance vehicles be ranked by their compensatory ranking, as measure by 12(peak torque in pound-feet)/(curb weight in pounds).

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This is my friend Lea's E30. It is minty as gently caress and it should be, he's a car detailer by trade.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This is my friend Lea's E30. It is minty as gently caress and it should be, he's a car detailer by trade.

This triggers me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That better be airbags or else it's wrong thread.

Especially those wheels.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Those wheels are loving great. They're so 80s my pants just ballooned out like an opening parachute.

:colbert:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah I can dig the wheels, they're a unique look but not OMG RIMZZZZZ *blingee gif* type of unique.

Though the lugs should be the same color front and back. :colbert:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Wheels are rad though?
The low look isn't my thing but I assume it can be undone easy enough, otherwise it wouldn't be very minty now would it :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

iospace posted:

That better be airbags or else it's wrong thread.

Especially those wheels.

It is indeed bagged.

Wheels are based on classic BMW rims too...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It is indeed bagged.

Alright, complaints retracted. Though I like the duller version of those rims as opposed to the shiny version. Shiny is good in certain situations, and sadly it doesn't work on those for me.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yup. I remember the tires on my dad's new 1994 Camaro seemed impossibly this at the time, and they were 245/50R16.

With those awesomely chunky BFG Comp T/A ZR tires on them.

Counterpoint: pretty much every modern performance tire relies on short, stiff sidewalls. Thus, I had to go to 20s to find anything useful in a 28-29" tall tire.

poo poo, I remember the 50-series Gatobacks on 'mid-'80s Camaros and Corvettes being a revelation. Before that, only supercars had tires that low profile.

Somehow, I actually have *3* 10mm 3/8" drive sockets. Because I found all the ones people lost at the wrecking yard. One of them's even a Snap-On.

Brilliant.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It is indeed bagged.

The genuine supercar has fatter tyres. Otherwise owns bones.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

iospace posted:

Alright, complaints retracted. Though I like the duller version of those rims as opposed to the shiny version. Shiny is good in certain situations, and sadly it doesn't work on those for me.

It works with the 80s futuristic wedge car,
But not really with the boxy sedan coupe woah that rear quarter window is huge.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Oct 11, 2017

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Rigged Death Trap posted:

But not really with the boxy sedan.

It would work if the car wasn't slammed(on bags, sure) with big meaty tires.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

For a second I was unsure if the M1 was AWD, but I guess that dude just did two separate burnouts leaving his garage. A good owner.

Edit: oh duh, I didn't even notice the circuit of the Americas sign up there.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I would give my left nut for a good condition (rust free) E30.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

SquirrelGrip posted:

guy who owns ebisu circuit uses the same s15 for rally/drift/time attack with different a suspension setup and wheels swapped in

yeah pro drift cars are :krad:

big power is necessary at competition level because the tracks they go to its normal to be in/around 4th gear to even consider sliding through them which is nuts

at a grassroots level there doesn't seem to be nearly as many V8 swaps compared to stock engines and stuff like the hydro handbrakes are more for ease of use and novelty sake than anything. like lol you can make those things extend to the steering wheel and feather them with 2 fingers for pinpoint tweaking. its considerably cheap too.

phone postin' so here's an example in a local s13:

and thats about it other than your usual coilovers and minimum safety stuff in case they want to track it. running on stock ka24de iirc :snoop:

suspension is first and foremost. i see people investing more in steering angle than horsepower while regularly sliding around in stock engines by relying on the clutch to break the wheels loose which is where the real beauty of low end drifting comes from.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I ordered two of them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Coredump posted:

I ordered two of them.

Good luck, You just doubled the probability of them getting lost in the mail.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

:golfclap:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Powershift posted:

Only the bar will show up, along with a lone 7mm socket.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
WTF 7mm the only time I find a 7mm socket (which I've never consciously purchased) is when I need an 8, and I only find 6 and 9mm when I needed a 7 (gently caress you, Ford).

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

But not really with the boxy sedan coupe woah that rear quarter window is huge.

:lol: I didn't even realize it was only 2 doors. What the hell.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Falken posted:

I would give my left nut for a good condition (rust free) E30.

"Rust free" doesn't seem to be that hard. Mine has hardly any rust at all, but was in an accident before I got it (which I knew about, the driver's rocker panel is dented up under some bondo and the drivers door doesn't fit quite right), and I'm pretty sure the guy I bought it from subscribed to "PO Douchebaggery Weekly" newsletter. An example: leaky heater core, which he "fixed" by clamping a vice-grip to it and painting the whole assembly with some sort of rubber cement or RTV. I still have the vice-grip.
They're fun cars, but I want to be rid of mine mostly because of the scene around them and how hard it is to get junkyard parts because of that.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Powershift posted:

Technically, he squared the probability of neither of them getting lost. :v:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

WTF 7mm the only time I find a 7mm socket (which I've never consciously purchased) is when I need an 8, and I only find 6 and 9mm when I needed a 7 (gently caress you, Ford).

Oh, for 7mm, just use your 9/64". 5/16" for 8mm. Problem solved!
Oh, 10mm missing? You're boned.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Thief posted:

suspension is first and foremost. i see people investing more in steering angle than horsepower while regularly sliding around in stock engines by relying on the clutch to break the wheels loose which is where the real beauty of low end drifting comes from.

cheap drift pigs are my poo poo and like another poster said, its like loving around on bikes with your friends and not to be taken seriously

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

boxen posted:

"Rust free" doesn't seem to be that hard. Mine has hardly any rust at all, but was in an accident before I got it (which I knew about, the driver's rocker panel is dented up under some bondo and the drivers door doesn't fit quite right), and I'm pretty sure the guy I bought it from subscribed to "PO Douchebaggery Weekly" newsletter. An example: leaky heater core, which he "fixed" by clamping a vice-grip to it and painting the whole assembly with some sort of rubber cement or RTV. I still have the vice-grip.
They're fun cars, but I want to be rid of mine mostly because of the scene around them and how hard it is to get junkyard parts because of that.
I live in Scotland. Take that as you will. :)

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:siren: :frogsiren: NEW BINKY IS UP ON PATREON REPEAT NEW BINKY UP ON PATREON :frogsiren: :siren:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo that cameo

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I hate the both of you equally.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

They've been very busy. Holy poo poo

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

scuz posted:

holy poo poo that cameo

Let me guess: Edd?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YETxfPytXfc&t=1s

edit: I'm only half way through. Nik is a wizard with that death wheel. And CAD.
edit 2: All the way through. A WIZARD.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 13, 2017

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I HATE YOU ALL.

How long until the episode is on the PoorsTube?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Should be tomorrow sometime. Supporting them on Patreon is only $1 (or more if you want) per video

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I drove the regular rwd 2.0L Giulia today and it's almost as good as the QV but 2/3rds the price. Same amazing steering, same amazing shift paddles, and it's quite frisky in the rain. No one should buy a 3-series/A4/C Class over one.

Also, the Stelvio is like a hot hatch, not an SUV, the NSX is spectacular (but softer than an Audi R8 V10 Plus), and the LC500 sounds so, so good.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Galler posted:

Should be tomorrow sometime. Supporting them on Patreon is only $1 (or more if you want) per video

Yeah, with all the silly poo poo I've spent money on, supporting Project Binky wouldn't make me feel bad at all.

Edit: poo poo, I donated and it won't take effect until the NEXT video. Goddammit.

Edit2: Nevermind, I'm a fool. If you donate today, you can watch the newest video today.

boxen fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 13, 2017

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://giant.gfycat.com/GiddyFairEagle.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

drgitlin posted:

No one should buy a 3-series/A4/C Class over one.

What if they want it to stay out of the shop?