Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

How come that Wolverine is completely different from the Wolverine earlier when Spiderman won in some nutty way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (March 1, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (March 1, 1996)

Garfield Classic (March 1, 1986)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just came to a realization about Kevin and Kel. If a prey animal wanted to protect their children with weaponry they'd be considered the bad guys. But predators using social media to target kids would probably be considered acceptable because the parents' weren't doing a good job watching their kids.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

SuperKlaus posted:

the bus is also good.

the bus is great, thank you for bringing it back to the thread.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

idgi

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 12, 2017

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Reply All

Zits

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Is there any level lower than stealing gags from Richie Rich?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
What's Sophie doing on jury duty?

Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Julet Esqu posted:

Clearly she doesn't actually want to be going out with him, but he catfished her

What is catfishing?

Other comic strip relationship chat, I kind of like Curtis and read it regularly. I really enjoyed the Sunday strip with the barber's bad dates - the artwork is so cute some times. Anyway, did we ever determine why Curtis pays so much attention to the snob girl with the overlong leg (the art's not always cute) when he recognizes she's a major narcissist and she kinda hates him? Pure thinking with the lower brain I guess?

the bus

Hey, anybody able to repost Panto? It would wash away the poo poo taste of Buni quite nicely.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (May 10, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (February 25, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (March 24, 1924)

Lil' Abner (November 23, 1937)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
Barney Google (March 27, 1923)

Alley Oop (June 26, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (June 21, 1935)

Dickie Dare (August 4, 1933)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

I just came to a realization about Kevin and Kel. If a prey animal wanted to protect their children with weaponry they'd be considered the bad guys. But predators using social media to target kids would probably be considered acceptable because the parents' weren't doing a good job watching their kids.

Morality in this society is entirely based on whether the protagonists are doing it.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

Tina's Groove Classic (March 1, 2006)

Well, this is the first time Tina's Groove made me angry, holy crud.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2003 Spiderman

Poil posted:

How come that Wolverine is completely different from the Wolverine earlier when Spiderman won in some nutty way?
The colorists can barely keep the coloring straight between sunday and weekday strips. Cut them some slack. :v:

The Amazing Kala

Nancy

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 12, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Gloomy Rube posted:

Well, this is the first time Tina's Groove made me angry, holy crud.

I agree friend, we all know it was faked, there's no controversy to that

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
LoL if you seriously buy into the whole “the moon exist” bullshit.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

This concludes today's public service announcement about the clap.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

His Divine Shadow posted:

Apparently something something bullshit spidey is a human who got his powers from a bite, which is somehow OK because it's a different type of mutation from the X-gene which is somehow bad-er typer of mutation? I've seen that argument, and in the house of M storyline it was used in reverse.
A Mutate is someone whose genes grant miraculous powers due to having been rewritten through means such as COSMIC RADIATION or SPIDER RADIATION or RADIOACTIVE SAND. That's just how life is, it's no fault of their own.

A Mutant is someone whose genes grant miraculous powers due to the presence of a naturally occurring 'X' gene evolution in their DNA. Due to their gross disregard for genetic normality they are to be hounded and exterminated as all deviants must be to ensure purity.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
didn’t we just have that magneto storyline where magneto was all "what's up my fellow mutant"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm pretty sure that ended with Magneto finding out he wasn't a mutant and then trying to kill him.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Ghostlight posted:

A Mutate is someone whose genes grant miraculous powers due to having been rewritten through means such as COSMIC RADIATION or SPIDER RADIATION or RADIOACTIVE SAND. That's just how life is, it's no fault of their own.

A Mutant is someone whose genes grant miraculous powers due to the presence of a naturally occurring 'X' gene evolution in their DNA. Due to their gross disregard for genetic normality they are to be hounded and exterminated as all deviants must be to ensure purity.

something something irrationality of prejudice something something man is the real monster

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Poil posted:

That Wolverine is actually a later Wolverine than this Wolverine, although this earlier Wolverine came later to us in this thread, after the other Wolverine.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IZ8cHQ9h.gif][/img][/url

The Phantom

[url=https://imgur.com/vq9Fv4d]

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

Has anyone been posting Sally Forth? Ces is starting a thing.

Having just lost my father--wow it's three months ago today-- this one might be tough.

https://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/when-life-goes-sideways/

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 12, 2017

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

^^^Last time Ces hit the Ted's Ailing Dad storyline, it was while I was in the process of losing my own father. It did hit hard. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Johnny Walker.

SuperKlaus posted:

What is catfishing?

Intentionally misrepresenting your identity online for fraud and profit, named after the hillbilly practice of catching catfish using your own arm as bait. Granted, this wasn't technically true catfishing because they mutually agreed ahead of time not to share pictures or real names, but my point is still the same. If she had turned him down at that first date she would have been accused of doing so for shallow reasons, since she was all into him before she knew he was actually her creepy coworker.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 12, 2017

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Simian_Prime posted:

something something irrationality of prejudice something something man is the real monster

Spider-man is the real Spider-monster.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/IZ8cHQ9h.gif][/timg]

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 12, 2017

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Sorry, Aardmania, but I'm bringing "Judge Parker" and "Dick Tracy" up to date. Tired of getting confused when I toggled between this and Comics Curmudgeon:

Judge Parker

Dick Tracy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Intentionally misrepresenting your identity online for fraud and profit, named after the hillbilly practice of catching catfish using your own arm as bait. Granted, this wasn't technically true catfishing because they mutually agreed ahead of time not to share pictures or real names, but my point is still the same. If she had turned him down at that first date she would have been accused of doing so for shallow reasons, since she was all into him before she knew he was actually her creepy coworker.
Uh what you are describing is called noodling. Wiki suggests "catfishing" just developed from the movie "Catfish"

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Pop Team Epic

Honey Come Chatka

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Haifisch" posted:

I guess that whole plot point about "I have to use this goblet since it holds the exact right amount to drink" got thrown out the window.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Angular Cyrus posted:

Pop Team Epic

Why don't our contactless payment systems make animal noises? :(

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oops forgot my comics yesterday so DOUBLE SHOT!

The Classic Dinette Set

Working Daze

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Uh what you are describing is called noodling. Wiki suggests "catfishing" just developed from the movie "Catfish"

Well, geez, I can't know everything. It's not like I can just type words into a machine and have it tell me what they mean! This isn't the future!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SuperKlaus posted:

Other comic strip relationship chat, I kind of like Curtis and read it regularly. I really enjoyed the Sunday strip with the barber's bad dates - the artwork is so cute some times. Anyway, did we ever determine why Curtis pays so much attention to the snob girl with the overlong leg (the art's not always cute) when he recognizes she's a major narcissist and she kinda hates him? Pure thinking with the lower brain I guess?
It's the tiresome status quo of the comic. Chutney wants to date Curtis and won't take no for an answer, Curtis wants to date Michelle and won't take no for an answer. But at least Chutney seems to actually like Curtis, whereas Curtis is constantly insulting Michelle behind her back (and then getting angry at his brother for saying the exact same stuff he says). It's pretty terrible.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD
Yeah, that'll sort it out for good. What's the scammer going to do, create another account? Sure. :rolleyes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

It's the tiresome status quo of the comic. Chutney wants to date Curtis and won't take no for an answer, Curtis wants to date Michelle and won't take no for an answer. But at least Chutney seems to actually like Curtis, whereas Curtis is constantly insulting Michelle behind her back (and then getting angry at his brother for saying the exact same stuff he says). It's pretty terrible.

It's almost like he's a dumb kid that doesn't know what he wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Tiggum posted:

i liked the recent set of strips where curtis's mom was really nice to chutney. i feel like once every five years they do something like that

• Locked thread