Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/hyperglobalist/status/917917720863055872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Live ep from LA has been up on Patreon for 9 minutes and none of you have denounced its content already? smdh

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Live ep from LA has been up on Patreon for 9 minutes and none of you have denounced its content already? smdh

Sebastian Gorka is in it.

Very unwoke

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I imagine a decent portion of this thread are black wolves.

Edit: Nevermind. It updated right after I posted.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Unnamed One posted:

Sebastian Gorka is in it.

Very unwoke

Making fun of the Magyar, an historically oppressed people? Not a good look.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"I have a thetan in my knee!"

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

papa horny michael posted:

I think because women will constantly face sexual inequality in every interaction of their lifetime, and this was a safer space than some

Right. But the joke isn't at the expense of rape victims. It's not targeted at rape victims or women in general. It is simply a joke that uses the fact that Bill Cospy is a rapist. That's it.

The joke is sufficiently removed from Harvey Weinstein that the implication is that merely bringing up rape might be 'unsafe', and therefore should not be done.

I don't think there's many mental health professionals who would agree with that.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 12, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

misadventurous posted:

It's a loving bad stupid joke made at the worst time and the people who made it have said as much, but by all means keep being the dry boys good joke defenders

Christ, this show has an insufferable loving fanbase

What’s your Reddit username

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Know Such Peace posted:

I imagine a decent portion of this thread are black wolves.

Edit: Nevermind. It updated right after I posted.

I was a grey wolf but then I got screwed on student loans and now I'm broke and can't listen.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was a grey wolf but then I got screwed on student loans and now I'm broke and can't listen.

i don't think the RSS feed discriminates so you could probably just leave it in your podcast app :shobon:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

the matrix has me.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Getting severe vibes similar to watching that fellow that jumped on the counter on McDonalds for Szechuan Sauce from reading some of these posts, jeez. Specially when the crew does try to be better about stuff and get swarmed with people trying to do weird baseball crank and MGS references like if they were screaming Pickle Rick and all.

What is "KSW"?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
^ayyup.

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Right. But the joke isn't at the expense of rape victims. It's not targeted at rape victims or women in general. It is simply a joke that uses the fact that Bill Cospy is a rapist. That's it.

The joke is sufficiently removed from Harvey Weinstein that the implication is that merely bringing up rape might be 'unsafe', and therefore should not be done.

I don't think there's many mental health professionals who would agree with that.

their joke doesn't work. unless you sufficiently cite it being in a vacuum apart from their friends feelings upon the matter. the joke is dumb, and everyone moved on except for szechuan sauce lipped stalwarts of here, and reddit.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
i retract my laffs. i no longer thought the joke was funny

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Kunster posted:

Getting severe vibes similar to watching that fellow that jumped on the counter on McDonalds for Szechuan Sauce from reading some of these posts, jeez. Specially when the crew does try to be better about stuff and get swarmed with people trying to do weird baseball crank and MGS references like if they were screaming Pickle Rick and all.

What is "KSW"?

Keep Scientology Working

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kunster posted:

What is "KSW"?

Khalid Sheikh Woɥɐɯɯǝp

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

^ayyup.

their joke doesn't work. unless you sufficiently cite it being in a vacuum apart from their friends feelings upon the matter. the joke is dumb, and everyone moved on except for szechuan sauce lipped stalwarts of here, and reddit.

if only the SarcMark had caught on...

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I thought it was related to the song at the start! Scientology didn't took hold where I live, only in the form of tiny, tiny pamphlets telling me about 10% of brain usage and to immediately read Dianetics. Probably only objectively good thing Salazar did??

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

emdash posted:

i don't think the RSS feed discriminates so you could probably just leave it in your podcast app :shobon:

Seems like it does actually: the only episode available now is 78, which was unlocked.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I saw that there was some chapo drama on twitter and I'm glad to learn it was because of the least objectionable cosby joke I've ever seen.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Re-read my post, search the web, and you will find a solution for your predicament.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Know Such Peace posted:

Re-read my post, search the web, and you will find a solution for your predicament.

This will tide me over until I can once again be a Grey Wolf. Thanks.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Breadallelogram posted:

I saw that there was some chapo drama on twitter and I'm glad to learn it was because of the least objectionable cosby joke I've ever seen.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

UP AND ADAM posted:

Josh said that they were “trying to make a statement about how the Hollywood industry has condemned Harvey Weinstein but still leaves Cosby’s star up.”

Funnily enough, the same intent could’ve been communicated via posting the picture of the star, and, well, just saying “why is his star still up? Hollywood doesn’t actually care about stopping abusive structures” or something to that effect.

I’m an under-20 cis, het, white guy. I’m surrounded by this type of bullshit humor that relies on combining edginess and irony & blowing both aspects up as far as you can until it’s feasibly possible to argue that the joke stands for any imaginable point you ascribe to it. It’s loving horrendous. It’s not clever, it’s not original, and it’s not funny.

It feels like every single man on Earth, from the most regular normie to the most online Nazi has made at least a dozen jokes just like this. This joke is structurally identical in every possible way to something you’d find on /r/dankmemes or the meninist twitter page. When I started realizing caring about other people was good & worth doing, it almost-instantly made me realize that it’s almost impossible to get away from this type of joke/meme. That was why finding Chapo & the Online left was awesome — they did care, they were ironic, but they made fun of people that deserved it in a clear way that really obviously gets across the message that this is loving terrible & you shouldn’t support this, rather than “oh wow, that sure is TWISTED of you to post!”

This type of humor has nothing to do with making any actual statement; it’s about masturbating over how desensitized & cool you are for saying transgressive things that are so wrong they Cross the Line Twice. Keep crap like this out of this space, please— it makes it impossible to actually discuss things that matter, or use relevant humor in said discussions.

nice troll

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
It's great that absolutely no one is considering that the real controversy is that the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and the Hollywood Stars organization is sanctifying the brands of Cosby, Trump, etc because they don't want to lose any tourist revenue potential from that tacky loving sidewalk. Things go on as usual.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
As a fine upstanding resident of LA (actively look up my LAN credentials and read my script) I am privileged to say:

No one gives a hot flying gently caress about the Hollywood Blvd walk of fame. Publicist pay the chamber of commerce to chisel their clients name in one, it is not exactly a distiguished honor.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I heard that you can get a star there for like 40k. Confirm/Deny?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kunster posted:

I heard that you can get a star there for like 40k. Confirm/Deny?

I think they offer it to you and you pay the money for the star. They probably offer it to just about anyone, though.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

KirbyKhan posted:

As a fine upstanding resident of LA (actively look up my LAN credentials and read my script) I am privileged to say:

No one gives a hot flying gently caress about the Hollywood Blvd walk of fame. Publicist pay the chamber of commerce to chisel their clients name in one, it is not exactly a distiguished honor.

How much to put my name on there?

PayingForTheView
Feb 20, 2011

coathat posted:

Never apologize

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/918608140387614720

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
whoa 200+ new posts in the chapo thread since this morning did someone die?

oh no, someone got extremely mad at a lame twitter joke

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Someone is going to have one of those loving packets framed on their wall one day.
"All of this, the business, the house, the double-decker helicopter... it all started with that one packet of sauce."

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The show's fanbase is hardly unique. The problem is this culture that has developed around leftism entirely focused on punishment, social coercion, and shunning whose end goal and rules people can't even properly explain.

What makes it funny is seeing that a show that is, in many ways, the antithesis of that, still has a fanbase that believes in this poo poo.

'I never thought people would scold ME for being problematic' sobs man who voted for 'Scolding People for being Problematic' party.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

E1 is fantastic :allears:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Weembles posted:

'I never thought people would scold ME for being problematic' sobs man who voted for 'Scolding People for being Problematic' party.

the chapo subreddit can learn a lot from the people bitching on twitter about the women's march announcement that bernie is showing up :stare:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
a lot of the ambient anger will die down once the new mario comes out, we just have to make it through the next two weeks

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I'm seeing tweets calling chapo out for hanging out with "the biggest rear end in a top hat in DSA" and I'm pretty sure they're talking about Mullen hahahaha

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Breadallelogram posted:

I'm seeing tweets calling chapo out for hanging out with "the biggest rear end in a top hat in DSA" and I'm pretty sure they're talking about Mullen hahahaha

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

HolePisser1982 posted:

a lot of the ambient anger will die down once the new mario comes out, we just have to make it through the next two weeks

It won’t even last two days, anyone who tries to push this as a problem without enough momentum from the Weinstein scandal is going to sound like an idiot